ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****
penguinz 07:53 PM 02-18-2020
Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:21 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I work my full body doing a upper/lower body split
What lifts do you do for lower body?
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:30 AM 10-09-2020
Focus more on legs until you've got that down then you can focus on on that split of upper/lower...

Once you have established a base your gains will come; it's honestly simple physiology
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:11 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What lifts do you do for lower body?
I do squats on the Smith machine it's not the same but my form is so bad I'm not going to risk fucking up my back. I do leg press, lunges, leg extensions, box jumps and sled pushes.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:59 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I do squats on the Smith machine it's not the same but my form is so bad I'm not going to risk fucking up my back. I do leg press, lunges, leg extensions, box jumps and sled pushes.
Smith machine squats and no deads anywhere.

Thumbs fucking down!!!!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:16 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Smith machine squats and no deads anywhere.

Thumbs ****ing down!!!!
From an aesthetics POV it's fine that's all I'm really aiming for. As someone with your knowledge I understand why not doing deads and squats would be annoying they both are probably the most valuable lifts you can do since they work basically everything.

You can still get by not doing them. I'm not sure why this has been such a contentious debate all over the internet.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:17 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Focus more on legs until you've got that down then you can focus on on that split of upper/lower...

Once you have established a base your gains will come; it's honestly simple physiology
I've had great success doing upper/lower split. I wont be the strongest in the gym but still have decent calves and quads.
[Reply]
notorious 03:45 PM 10-17-2020
Weighed in at 198 this morning, down from 219.6 on June 20th.

I still have some fat to lose around my belly, but things are starting to rip. I just have to stick with the process.

I haven't been down to this weight since our first child was born almost 13 years ago. My wife ate like a preggo, and it jacked me up, too.

Feel better than ever, and my 8 year old son is keeping up. He has really taken to it, and uses good technique.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have an Apple Watch. It's not amazing, but it logs workouts and records your heart rate. Resistance lifting kicks the heart rate up for over an hour, and I max at 170ish when killing it. The watch is a great tool.

I've already suggested getting the MyFitness app. Get it. Get it now. You can set your macros to what you need, and with that info you can dial in what is good for you and what isn't. All you have to do is scan the bar code.

You don't have to buy the shit listed above, but it makes it fun. I am a numbers guy, and like to keep track of progress. They are perfect for me.

Anyway, keep kicking ass guys. It's sitting there, just waiting, you just have to DO IT!
[Reply]
lewdog 07:07 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

I still have some fat to lose around my belly, but things are starting to rip. I just have to stick with the process.

I haven't been down to this weight since our first child was born almost 13 years ago. My wife ate like a preggo, and it jacked me up, too.

Feel better than ever, and my 8 year old son is keeping up. He has really taken to it, and uses good technique.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have an Apple Watch. It's not amazing, but it logs workouts and records your heart rate. Resistance lifting kicks the heart rate up for over an hour, and I max at 170ish when killing it. The watch is a great tool.

I've already suggested getting the MyFitness app. Get it. Get it now. You can set your macros to what you need, and with that info you can dial in what is good for you and what isn't. All you have to do is scan the bar code.

You don't have to buy the shit listed above, but it makes it fun. I am a numbers guy, and like to keep track of progress. They are perfect for me.

Anyway, keep kicking ass guys. It's sitting there, just waiting, you just have to DO IT!
Nice job man.

Keep it up. Consistency is key.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:28 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

OUTSTANDING! Hell yeah. Don't quit..
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:04 PM 10-26-2020
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting Lews fitness youtube:

https://youtu.be/4mRGk3hY-EQ
[Reply]
Shoes 10:58 AM 10-27-2020
Lew how dialed in are you in regards to nutrition?

I got the following macros from my personal trainer:

-Calories 2900
-Protein 195
-Carbs 350
-Fiber 30
-Sugars 40
-Fat 80
-Sodium 2000

I would say the hitting 350 carbs/staying under 80 G of fat are the hardest for me, and I struggle with finding easy meals for breakfast & snacks. Any hacks/tips that are quick, easy and repeatable would be appreciated.
[Reply]
loochy 01:56 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Lew how dialed in are you in regards to nutrition?

I got the following macros from my personal trainer:

-Calories 2900
-Protein 195
-Carbs 350
-Fiber 30
-Sugars 40
-Fat 80
-Sodium 2000

I would say the hitting 350 carbs/staying under 80 G of fat are the hardest for me, and I struggle with finding easy meals for breakfast & snacks. Any hacks/tips that are quick, easy and repeatable would be appreciated.
You need to have your meals planned and prepared ahead of time. You know what you are going to eat and you eat it. It's pre measured to meet your caloric needs. Then it's also easy to make micro adjustments upward or downward based on results.

If you leave deciding up until meal time, you're going to fail.

Don't worry about being so exact on the macros...general ballpark is fine. The number that really matters is the calories.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:32 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
You need to have your meals planned and prepared ahead of time. You know what you are going to eat and you eat it. It's pre measured to meet your caloric needs. Then it's also easy to make micro adjustments upward or downward based on results.

If you leave deciding up until meal time, you're going to fail.

Don't worry about being so exact on the macros...general ballpark is fine. The number that really matters is the calories.
All good information, my issue isn't in regards to preparing the bulk of my diet. I prep about 10 meals every 5 days or so. One protein (chicken, turkey or beef) along with broccoli & asparagus and rice, which I eat twice a day. Protein shake also a staple of the diet (almond milk, protein powder, banana + peanut butter).

I am more or less asking advice on how to make breakfast easier, along side with snacks to fill in the gaps of my diet. Don't want to hammer 2 protein shakes a day. I've tried meal prepping Greg Doucette's french toast for breakfast (macros are pretty good if you haven't looked it up) but haven't been able to consistently stick with it. Just curious what others are doing in regards to those meals and what they've had success with.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:06 PM 10-27-2020
All good information, my issue isn't in regards to preparing the bulk of my diet. I prep about 10 meals every 5 days or so. One protein (chicken, turkey or beef) along with broccoli & asparagus and rice, which I eat twice a day. Protein shake also a staple of the diet (almond milk, protein powder, banana + peanut butter).

I am more or less asking advice on how to make breakfast easier, along side with snacks to fill in the gaps of my diet. Don't want to hammer 2 protein shakes a day. I've tried meal prepping Greg Doucette's french toast for breakfast (macros are pretty good if you haven't looked it up) but haven't been able to consistently stick with it. Just curious what others are doing in regards to those meals and what they've had success with.
Breakfast for me is 6 eggs and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Very easy. IMO if I am going to blow out my macros it is going to be with fat vs carbs.
[Reply]
loochy 03:17 PM 10-27-2020

OMG YES! Doctor Greg! I bought his cookbook and I eat the french toast every morning. I make a week's worth of the egg mixture at once and keep it in a tupperware, then I just dip the bread when I want to eat some.

I also eat his PB2 shakes (he calls it "ice cream"). I premixed the ingredients into little baggies so I can just grab some ice and mix it.

In any event, what part of it are you having trouble with? You are eating too much? Too little? You say "make it easier", but I'm not getting what you need to be easier.

My example day:

Wake up - Kirkland protein bar
actual breakfast - doucette french toast
snack - orville redenbachers smart pop (the small bags only have 100 cals)

lunch 1 - wrap with some kind of lunch meat and stuffed with spinach
lunch 2 - a can of tuna mixed with some kind of sauce (depends)

postworkout - pb2 shake
dinner - a little frozen salmon packet I made
night snack - pb2 and banana sandwich

I can just increase or decrease portions, types of dressings, etc, based on how many calories I need. If I'm tying to gain I use fatty ham instead of lean chicken or use mayo for the tuna instead of walden farms ranch. If I'm leaning out I can stuff a ton more veggies in my wrap, make my shake with a ton of ice, eat random massive bowls of greens with walden farms dressing, drink fiber supplement, and drink tons of water to fill my gut and make me not hungry.

Once you get steady then it's easy to adjust.

Is that what you mean by "make it easy"?

Nothing there takes long to prep or cook at all.

Also remember that you don't have to eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast.

***EDIT*** I'm not being a dick, I'm trying to understand your goals here.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up