ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Farrah Fawcett dead
Hammock Parties 10:50 AM 06-25-2009
http://www.people.com/people/article...240288,00.html

Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer at 62

Farrah Fawcett, who skyrocketed to fame as one of a trio of impossibly glamorous private eyes on TV's Charlie's Angels, has died after a long battle with cancer. She was 62.

Fawcett died at 9:28 a.m. PST at St. John’s Heath Center in Santa Monica, Calif. She had recently returned to St. John's for treatment of complications from anal cancer, first diagnosed three years ago. Her longtime partner Ryan O'Neal was at her side throughout her final days.

Like so much about Fawcett's life – including her bumpy relationship with O'Neal – her heroic struggle to beat the disease was closely followed by her legion of fans.

"I've watched her this past year fight with such courage and so valiantly, but with such humor," Fawcett's Charlie's Angels costar Kate Jackson told PEOPLE in November 2007.

O'Neal, in particular, remained a steadfast supporter of Fawcett, who, despite her frailty, spent the last months of her life filming a TV documentary chronicling her illness, including several trips to Germany to undergo experimental treatment. Fawcett is survived by her son with O'Neal, Redmond, 24, who is currently serving a prison term in California after repeated drug offenses.
[Reply]
Donger 10:55 AM 06-25-2009
You spelled her first name incorrectly.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:55 AM 06-25-2009
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
[Reply]
Frazod 10:55 AM 06-25-2009
I had that famous poster of her on the wall right next to my desk when I was a kid. RIP
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:56 AM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
I had that famous poster of her on the wall right next to my desk when I was a kid. RIP
BOOM ... me too. Cheryl Ladd and Loni Anderson as well... (what were my parents thinking)... :-)

RIP
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:57 AM 06-25-2009
I didn't know she was sick.

RIP, lady who used to be hot.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:57 AM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
BOOM ... me too. Cheryl Ladd and Loni Anderson as well... (what were my parents thinking)... :-)

RIP
You, me and every other red-blooded pubescent American boy in the late 70's.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:59 AM 06-25-2009
This
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:59 AM 06-25-2009
She was one of the shining lights of my youth, the dazzling smile and tousled hair and playful eyes that helped me make the transition from 'girls are yucky' to 'ohmigod is that nipple?'. I shall never forget my blonde angel.
[Reply]
RJ 10:59 AM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

RIP

I might be slightly older. I put hers up next to Raquel Welch.

RIP, Farrah, you were too young to die.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 06-25-2009
Rain Man is getting creepy.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:02 AM 06-25-2009
You, me and every other red-blooded pubescent American boy in the late 70's.
Yeah, some of my friends weren't as fortunate... I was definitely the envy of a few and they liked staring at the walls when they were over at the house.
[Reply]
PhillyChiefFan 11:02 AM 06-25-2009
damn, very very sad.

No more pain or suffering though. RIP
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:02 AM 06-25-2009
Originally Posted by Claythan:
Rain Man is getting creepy.
If you don't like girls, I guess I could see how you might think that way.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:03 AM 06-25-2009
I saw her with her shaved head Makes you question why there is a God and why the hell we spend billions of dollars on cancer and it still puts away hundreds of thousand a year
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up