ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 173
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:45 PM 01-17-2017
Okay, so I am still recovering FROM being in the hospital and was snoozing well last night, when at 12:15 am my phone rang. It was some asshat from Sudan. He said something like, "Yabba Yabba Yabba Salaam!" to me. I said, "What?" He repeated it and I said, "I don't know who the f--- you think you're talking to, but you need to try again."

He replied, "aaah?" I told him to f- off and hung up. I was about to tell him to suck Allah my...

:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:00 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Okay, so I am still recovering FROM being in the hospital and was snoozing well last night, when at 12:15 am my phone rang. It was some asshat from Sudan. He said something like, "Yabba Yabba Yabba Salaam!" to me. I said, "What?" He repeated it and I said, "I don't know who the f--- you think you're talking to, but you need to try again."

He replied, "aaah?" I told him to f- off and hung up. I was about to tell him to suck Allah my...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:57 PM 01-17-2017

You should have tried to sell him a bible and asked him to join a real religion.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:59 PM 01-17-2017

Yabba Yabba Yabba Salaam :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:11 PM 01-17-2017
derka derka
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:12 PM 01-17-2017

[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:28 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You should have tried to sell him a bible and asked him to join a real religion.
I doubt he understood a thing I said, though! I sure don't speak Sudanese or whatever that was he was yammering in my ear.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:44 AM 01-18-2017
Ban Sudanese phone calls.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:00 AM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Ban Sudanese phone calls.
He never called back. I wonder if it was some satellite glitch that crossed a signal?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 03:41 PM 01-18-2017
Hope you are stabilizing Ed. Prayers, as always, for you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:10 PM 01-24-2017
I have been coughing daily since before Christmas and it has even made me throw up a few times, with my gut feeling like it was being twisted like a pretzel. I am not sick; it is the cancer in my lungs that is causing the cough. I'm going to pick up some codeine today at Walgreen's, my new pharmacy since Aetna won't cover me anywhere else. I had to pay 57 dollars for 5 antibiotic pills when I got out of the hospital at Walmart. :-)

So, I have hydrocodone for my regular pains and now will have cough syrup that can knock me out, too. I wonder how much of the day I will end up sleeping away now! I slept about 11 hours last night, not continuously, but already feel like I could use a nap. Cancer, it sucks like few other things do. On the plus side, I've lifted some weights for the third day in a row and am getting muscle tone back already. And do I ever need that. I have been absolutely pitiful lately.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:13 PM 01-24-2017
Fuck cancer.

God speed Lonewolf Ed everyone loves you

Just kick cancer in the nuts.
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:40 PM 01-24-2017
Hang in there Ed.
You're a lion and this illness is a limping wildebeest.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:48 PM 01-24-2017
I have been coughing daily since before Christmas and it has even made me throw up a few times, with my gut feeling like it was being twisted like a pretzel. I am not sick; it is the cancer in my lungs that is causing the cough. I'm going to pick up some codeine today at Walgreen's, my new pharmacy since Aetna won't cover me anywhere else. I had to pay 57 dollars for 5 antibiotic pills when I got out of the hospital at Walmart. :-)

So, I have hydrocodone for my regular pains and now will have cough syrup that can knock me out, too. I wonder how much of the day I will end up sleeping away now! I slept about 11 hours last night, not continuously, but already feel like I could use a nap. Cancer, it sucks like few other things do. On the plus side, I've lifted some weights for the third day in a row and am getting muscle tone back already. And do I ever need that. I have been absolutely pitiful lately.
Jesus you're a tough son of a bitch. You might actually be too tough to die.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:48 PM 01-24-2017
I am staying strong! I have my inner warrior battling the cancer and he isn't as badass as Bwana's avatar, Ragnar, but my Viking is called Rasmus and he is pretty tough! :-)
You're a Rasmussen? Small world.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 173
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141 > Last »
Up