ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2345 of 3903
« First < 1345184522452295233523412342234323442345 234623472348234923552395244528453345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:06 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
20% increase on Medicare payments literally doesn’t even come close to covering the gap.

https://www.kff.org/medicare/issue-b...he-literature/

From what I’ve seen, private doesn't pay more, so this doesn’t pass the sniff test.
you need to point your nose in the direction the wind blows.

The private (insurance) sector has nothing to do with this. The hospital Admin is expecting Fed Funds (in additon to Medi what ever) to pay for the loss in revenue. The initial fed program clearly stated COVID admissions will be handled "special".

Your nose needs work.
sniff away
[Reply]
BWillie 08:08 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Down to about 800 deaths or less a day now with a drug available to trim a 1/3 off that. Good news!
Please don't tell me you think it's hydroxychloroquine
[Reply]
petegz28 08:24 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dexamethasone.....
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:25 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dexamethasone
[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why is this astounding?
Exactly. More media hype and bullshit. And I want to start seeing breakdowns from the media when they start yapping.

How many are asymptomatic?
How many are mild?
How many are serious?

The media would have you ready to hide in fear over 10 people with little or no symptoms.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:28 PM 06-16-2020
7-day average of new deaths is at its lowest level since April 1st.
[Reply]
JakeLV 08:29 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
you need to point your nose in the direction the wind blows.

The private (insurance) sector has nothing to do with this. The hospital Admin is expecting Fed Funds (in additon to Medi what ever) to pay for the loss in revenue. The initial fed program clearly stated COVID admissions will be handled "special".

Your nose needs work.
sniff away
I don’t want to assume here, so I feel like some questions are in order... How familiar are you with reimbursement for hospitals? What percentages are paid by private vs CMS? What Medicare fraud is and the punishments levied?

The risk/reward for fraud and level of required coordination doesn’t pass the sniff test either. This would be several people across the entire hospital actively attempting to defraud the government.

On a hospital level, sure. You can argue it makes sense for them to maximize their return. But for the actual individuals? Risk jail time/fines? For what? Most groups are contracted. Their payments and rates don’t change.
[Reply]
srvy 08:36 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think you should use the entire numbers since this started and completely disregard that I was talking about currently where the south is trending upwards higher than any other region.

So are you being intentionally obtuse or are you just a dumbfuck?
You will be fine no one comes in or goes out your fortress.

[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 PM 06-16-2020
Well, Covid took it's hit on our health system yesterday and now that it's official news I think I am good to somewhat discuss. We had to furlough a number of employees yesterday and many probably will not be brought back.

This is due to the shutting down of elective procedures. The irony is all the steps our genius Governors took to protect hospitals ended up hurting them. I understand the need to shut things down hard at first but it drug out too long and now the very institutions that were to be protected are endangered.

Irony.....
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:47 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
I don’t want to assume here, so I feel like some questions are in order... How familiar are you with reimbursement for hospitals? What percentages are paid by private vs CMS? What Medicare fraud is and the punishments levied?

The risk/reward for fraud and level of required coordination doesn’t pass the sniff test either. This would be several people across the entire hospital actively attempting to defraud the government.

On a hospital level, sure. You can argue it makes sense for them to maximize their return. But for the actual individuals? Risk jail time/fines? For what? Most groups are contracted. Their payments and rates don’t change.
Jake

Are you serious?

Jail vs Risk

Come On Man
deep state created crisis
you talkin bout risk reward

Your "question" takin with what is going on is ATL and SEA
COMEONMAN
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:58 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, Covid took it's hit on our health system yesterday and now that it's official news I think I am good to somewhat discuss. We had to furlough a number of employees yesterday and many probably will not be brought back.

This is due to the shutting down of elective procedures. The irony is all the steps our genius Governors took to protect hospitals ended up hurting them. I understand the need to shut things down hard at first but it drug out too long and now the very institutions that were to be protected are endangered.

Irony.....
Yep. They furloughed several at my wife’s work, including her. She’s currently taking temperatures instead of collecting unemployment. Of course our government shut down elective procedures costing millions of dollars for a surge that never came.

Now, they’re laying people off. So far she’s made it and is approved to go back to work on the 28th. We’ll see if that actually happens. Her trust with them is gone.

She heard it was non clinical people and higher ups. She’s clinical. They completely shut down one of the hospital long term care places. But it was in the negative before it started anyways.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:01 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Irony.....
For the economic hit the country took, it would have been nice if the time had been used to build up a system of testing, contact tracing, and isolating and we could have ended up looking more like South Korea.

Instead we pissed it away and we look like Brazil.

Pathetic.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
deep state created crisis
Stop it.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:14 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Stop it.
10-4
[Reply]
ghak99 09:21 PM 06-16-2020
A person has a freak accident and passes away. Said person is tested for covid post death and comes back positive. The local health department makes their big "new case" announcement on social media. Small town sheep scour all corners of the planet and the depths of social media hell trying to figure out who the new case is so they can all stay away from that family.

You can't make this shit up. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2345 of 3903
« First < 1345184522452295233523412342234323442345 234623472348234923552395244528453345 > Last »
Up