ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1795 of 3903
« First < 795129516951745178517911792179317941795 179617971798179918051845189522952795 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:20 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Again just playing Devil’s advocate ....how many people that are “not worth” losing are worth shutting everything down? No one wants to lose anyone for any reason. It’s really an argument of the few vs. the many. I hate to say it but that is just how life is unfortunately and it sucks but it is what it is.

It is a fair question and I would answer it by saying we should reopen when cases, deaths and hospitalization to this virus is minimal and that obviously varies state by state.

I just keeping coming back to the point Hamas made the other day and that our parents and grandparents sacrificed for years during WWII yet we somehow can't make the necessary sacrifices for a couple of months.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:21 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am not either. Is it worth it to anybody to kill your parents or grandparents because you want to go back to "normal." Jobs will come back, being dead is forever.
Right! When people devalue the death toll they are expecting it to be someone else. But how many of those same people are willing to intentionally expose themselves and their families to help the herd immunity cause?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:22 PM 05-03-2020
Feel like there's neighborhoods in NYC that are basically strip mall nursing homes. Attached homes overcrowded with several generations of families residing.
[Reply]
Donger 12:23 PM 05-03-2020
It is a fair question and I would answer it by saying we should reopen when cases, deaths and hospitalization to this virus is minimal and that obviously varies state by state.

I just keeping coming back to the point Hamas made the other day and that our parents and grandparents sacrificed for years during WWII yet we somehow can't make the necessary sacrifices for a couple of months.
The guidelines for reopening make sense. 14 day trajectory of decline in new cases. Some states that are re-opening are close to that, or have achieved it.

I get that people are antsy, but re-opening while new cases are still climbing isn't logical.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:23 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Again just playing Devil’s advocate ....how many people that are “not worth” losing are worth shutting everything down? No one wants to lose anyone for any reason. It’s really an argument of the few vs. the many. I hate to say it but that is just how life is unfortunately and it sucks but it is what it is.
Let’s use your parents and family for the herd immunity theory. Bring them to my house and I’ll infect them.

Only the strong survive!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:37 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The guidelines for reopening make sense. 14 day trajectory of decline in new cases. Some states that are re-opening are close to that, or have achieved it.

I get that people are antsy, but re-opening while new cases are still climbing isn't logical.

I don't think any state has met the 14-day decline
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:39 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Right! When people devalue the death toll they are expecting it to be someone else. But how many of those same people are willing to intentionally expose themselves and their families to help the herd immunity cause?

yep and the answer is None.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:39 PM 05-03-2020
I am not either. Is it worth it to anybody to kill your parents or grandparents because you want to go back to "normal." Jobs will come back, being dead is forever.
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Here is the thing though, the SIP orders and shutting things down wasnt supposed to keep people from contracting the virus, but to make sure hospitals didn't become over crowded and that isn't happening. In the beginning it was pretty much a given that a vast majority of the US would eventually get it. Our healthcare system handled it pretty well at first and I don't think any hospitals were completely filled to the max, so if everyone is going to eventually come down with this, then why keep the SIP orders in effect?

I think the big thing that frightened the masses is everyone saw what was happening in Italy and hearing all these reports of hospitals having to turn away people that were almost dead because the hospitals were completwly filled past capacity and that scared people. Our healthcare system seems to be able to handle it better than people expected.
[Reply]
TLO 12:40 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder how many of these asymptomatic positives end up becoming symptomatic.

They say that incubation is 2 to 14 days (last I checked) with median of ~5. So, would a person show positive for COVD-19 on, say, day 3?
I've been asking myself this same question in regards to the Triumph situation. But from my understanding a lot of these people are already going on day 7 or 8 of exposure before being tested. I imagine some of them will eventually end up showing symptoms, but I'd like to know how many.

From what I can piece together through news reports is about 5% were symptomatic out of the 2800 group. 95% asymptomatic. Hopefully they release actual numbers at some point.

(Edit: 4.6% were symptomatic)
[Reply]
petegz28 12:49 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Let’s use your parents and family for the herd immunity theory. Bring them to my house and I’ll infect them.

Only the strong survive!!!!
Yeah cause that’s what I said...whatever lew
[Reply]
O.city 12:49 PM 05-03-2020
You’ve gotta define symptoms. It’s looking like for a portion of those presymptimatic, that could be an itchy throat and a runny nose. You probably wouldn’t even recognize those as symptoms
[Reply]
petegz28 12:50 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Here is the thing though, the SIP orders and shutting things down wasnt supposed to keep people from contracting the virus, but to make sure hospitals didn't become over crowded and that isn't happening. In the beginning it was pretty much a given that a vast majority of the US would eventually get it. Our healthcare system handled it pretty well at first and I don't think any hospitals were completely filled to the max, so if everyone is going to eventually come down with this, then why keep the SIP orders in effect?

I think the big thing that frightened the masses is everyone saw what was happening in Italy and hearing all these reports of hospitals having to turn away people that were almost dead because the hospitals were completwly filled past capacity and that scared people. Our healthcare system seems to be able to handle it better than people expected.

Because you hate people and stuff.....

Actually I agree in large part with your post
[Reply]
O.city 12:51 PM 05-03-2020
Human challenge trials is what I was thinking of earlier. It seems we’re at a point they’re worth considering once you get a vaccine to say stage 2.

Give them the vaccine, introduce the virus and see what happens.

Gonna have to compensate them heavily
[Reply]
Donger 12:51 PM 05-03-2020
I don't think any state has met the 14-day decline
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...ses/index.html

Good data at the bottom. Montana clearly has, from a very quick perusal.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:52 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You’ve gotta define symptoms. It’s looking like for a portion of those presymptimatic, that could be an itchy throat and a runny nose. You probably wouldn’t even recognize those as symptoms
The complete disappearance of your senses of smell and taste should be recognizable.
[Reply]
Page 1795 of 3903
« First < 795129516951745178517911792179317941795 179617971798179918051845189522952795 > Last »
Up