ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1295 of 3903
« First < 29579511951245128512911292129312941295 129612971298129913051345139517952295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 06:44 AM 04-10-2020
If you quit the darts you gotta at least slam some hogs, brother.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:24 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Holy shit...I think this is the first time I have gone to Worldometers and not seen any new deaths out of CA. They usually are one of the first to report some deaths even if it isn't their total. They have reported new cases but no new deaths. I'm gonna roll with that as good news.
Not sure why you think it's meaningful. It's not like they actually are going to have zero deaths.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:40 AM 04-10-2020
I think these results would change with a larger sample size among a broader population (the fact this poll was conducted by Seton Hall could mean they surveyed mostly people in New Jersey who are currently experiencing one of the worst outbreaks of COVID-19)...

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...-games-vaccine

Originally Posted by :
Some 72% of Americans polled said they would not attend if sporting events resumed without a vaccine for the coronavirus. The poll, which had a fairly small sample size of 762 respondents, was released Thursday by Seton Hall University's Stillman School of Business.

When polling respondents who identified as sports fans, 61% said they would not go to a game without a vaccine. The margin of error is plus-or-minus 3.6%.

Only 12% of all respondents said they would go to games if social distancing could be maintained, which would likely lead to a highly reduced number of fans, staff and media at games.

Just 13% of Americans said they would feel comfortable attending games again the way they had in the past.

A compromise could be found in having games with no fans, an idea that garnered sufficient support. More than three-fourths -- 76% -- said they would watch broadcasts of games without fans and do so with the same amount of interest they had before the pandemic. Only 16% said they would be less interested, but 7% said they would be more interested.

Though there has been discussion of games without spectators, nearly half of respondents -- 46% -- said they think sports will be canceled through the end of 2020.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Do you find this odd?

I have never taken one puff off a cigarette in my life.

But I have smoked weed many times.

Is this common?
Yes, cigarettes are all about a very addictive chemical drug, nicotine. You feel you cant live without it. Weed is about a drug, THC that makes you feel good but its not addictive chemically. Totally different.

Originally Posted by 2112:
It will be 20 years in September for me since I quit. And I smoked from since I was 12 years old until I was 35. I did it cold turkey and you could still smoke in all bars back then so it’s probably easier now. It took two ****ing years for me to get those ****ing things out of my head. You revolve your daily activities around them coffee, food, beers et al.
30 years ago for me. About 10 years after quitting, I got a craving for a cigarette after a meal. Just out of the blue. That shit gets in your brain stem and will fight like hell to make sure you get that drug.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:02 AM 04-10-2020
Ran to the grocery store this morning. Most people wearing masks. That being said caught some media updates on the radio thing and it just amazes me how they are freaking out about the high unemployment rate and low prices of gas.

I mean when you literally shut down the majority of the economy what is it people expected?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:03 AM 04-10-2020
Also heard the Sg say that "social distancing" will be the new normal after this is all said and done. I have news for him...that ain't gonna happen.
[Reply]
2112 08:04 AM 04-10-2020
Also heard the Sg say that "social distancing" will be the new normal after this is all said and done. I have news for him...that ain't gonna happen.
People aren’t following social distancing now with a pandemic. And they think they will after it’s gone?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 04-10-2020
People aren’t following social distancing now with a pandemic. And they think they will after it’s gone?
Even if they were it is completely unrealistic to expect people to maintain a consistent 6ft distance and such. Could you imagine what a sporting event would be like or a movie?
[Reply]
FAX 08:09 AM 04-10-2020
At this moment, the big question on my mind is this;

Are Millennial Millie's tittahs proportional or not?

FAX
[Reply]
2112 08:13 AM 04-10-2020
Even if they were it is completely unrealistic to expect people to maintain a consistent 6ft distance and such. Could you imaging what a sporting event would be like or a movie?
Once this is over I’m expecting things to be back to business as usual.
[Reply]
Donger 08:16 AM 04-10-2020
Ran to the grocery store this morning. Most people wearing masks. That being said caught some media updates on the radio thing and it just amazes me how they are freaking out about the high unemployment rate and low prices of gas.

I mean when you literally shut down the majority of the economy what is it people expected?
I'm sure people were expecting unemployment to increase dramatically. And, when they learn of the actual numbers, sure they have reactions like, "Wow, that's a lot."
[Reply]
2112 08:17 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yes, cigarettes are all about a very addictive chemical drug, nicotine. You feel you cant live without it. Weed is about a drug, THC that makes you feel good but its not addictive chemically. Totally different.

30 years ago for me. About 10 years after quitting, I got a craving for a cigarette after a meal. Just out of the blue. That shit gets in your brain stem and will fight like hell to make sure you get that drug.
Best thing they did was ban smoking in bars and restaurants here in 2006. My clothes don’t stink like smoke anymore. I’ll still smoke an occasional cigar though
[Reply]
notorious 08:18 AM 04-10-2020
That’s probably the stupidest thing I’ve heard.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:19 AM 04-10-2020
:-)

Some people aren't. I'm sure at some point in the future we'll prob see some numbers on what % have and have not but as far as I can tell the majority of people are doing the SD thing.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:20 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
That’s probably the stupidest thing I’ve heard.
Hopefully I misunderstood him or I am taking him out of context but that's sure what it sounded like. If anyone can correct it then go for it.
[Reply]
Page 1295 of 3903
« First < 29579511951245128512911292129312941295 129612971298129913051345139517952295 > Last »
Up