ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 151
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 02:38 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Why did Brown leave KU?
My dad hit him with his car when he was out running. Maybe that had something to do with it.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:43 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Next year's five?

Harris
Garrett
Thompson
Agbaji
McCormack?
PG: Christian Garrett
SG: White Overland Park Kid
SF: Black Kansas City kid
PF: Tyon Grant-Foster (probably be our best new comer next year)
C: McCormack

FIRST OFF BENCH in order: Bryce Thompson, Mitch Lightfoot, Dajuan Harris, Tristan Enaruna, Jalen Wilson

TRANSFER OR GIVES UP: Silvio De Sousa

Will win Big 12 again. Then since probably probation next year, will sit at home not going to NCAA Tournament for second year in a row.
[Reply]
Ceej 04:17 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
SG: White Overland Park Kid
SF: Black Kansas City kid
PF: Tyon Grant-Foster (probably be our best new comer next year)
C: McCormack

FIRST OFF BENCH in order: Bryce Thompson, Mitch Lightfoot, Dajuan Harris, Tristan Enaruna, Jalen Wilson

TRANSFER OR GIVES UP: Silvio De Sousa

Will win Big 12 again. Then since probably probation next year, will sit at home not going to NCAA Tournament for second year in a row.
Huh?
[Reply]
InvinciBill 08:38 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
VERY bold prediction.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:18 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
VERY bold prediction.
He was given 9 additional years eligibility.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:30 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You sort of wonder why he came to KU in the first place.
That one’s easy - Dean Smith recommended him to AD Monte Johnson. Johnson met with Smith at the 1983 FF (the famous Lorenzo Charles game winner) and offered Dean the job. He didn’t want to leave but he recommended Brown, his former player at UNC. And called Larry recommending he take it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:14 AM 04-16-2020
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...x1vxykm2il4mg8

Sporting News ranked the top 68 players of college basketball since the 1984-1985 season.

We ended up with 2 players. Frank Mason is 66 and Danny Manning is 2.

I also noticed that Zion Williamson is in the 30’s, which means he’s apparently better than every single player that either Roy or Self coached at Kansas. So...take this list for what it’s worth.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:00 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Sporting News ranked the top 68 players of college basketball since the 1984-1985 season.

I also noticed that Zion Williamson is in the 30’s, which means he’s apparently better than every single player that either Roy or Self coached at Kansas. So...take this list for what it’s worth.
I expected to see Tyler Hansbrough, but holy shit... :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:13 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
VERY bold prediction.
Ahahah that scrub is still occupying my dome apparently. Marcus Garrett, obviously. He's going to average 6.5 apg+ a game, too.

I remember when people tried to say Devonte wasn't a PG. They tried to say Garrett wasn't a PG. He's absolutely a PG. They both are some of the better passers KU has seen since Aaron Miles.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:14 AM 04-16-2020

I hope once Frank Mason calls it quits, we can find a job for that guy. Would like to see him get into coaching. Head Coach BIFM.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:25 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I expected to see Tyler Hansbrough, but holy shit... :-)
Psycho-T the most over rated player ever? His entire game was based on throwing his body into defenders and getting foul calls, the vast majority of which were non-existent or should have been offensive fouls.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:01 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Psycho-T the most over rated player ever? His entire game was based on throwing his body into defenders and getting foul calls, the vast majority of which were non-existent or should have been offensive fouls.
Considering how bad the 2008 bigs exposed him, yes. He couldn’t deal with lengthy athletic bigs. We had 4 that absolutely trashed him in that one, Arthur and Aldrich especially.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:06 AM 04-16-2020
You can tell that list is heavily skewed by what a few guys did in the pros.

Dwyane Wade is obviously a top 3-4 all time NBA Shooting Guard, but as a college player? He was very good, but is his college resume any better than Devonte Graham’s? Both were All Americans, both were Conference POY (though Graham was in a MUCH better conference), both have 1 Final Four, etc
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 04-16-2020
Shaq at 15 is a joke too
[Reply]
banyon 09:13 AM 04-16-2020

That list is horrible. It seems like it was made by someone who covers the NBA and just looked up what colleges people went to.

I mean Jamal Mashburn at 42 and Kevin Durant at 24?

Durant is a great talent, but he never beat :-) and went one and done in his only tourney appearance.

Mashburn battled fiercely in one of if not the greatest games in NCAA history.

Zion ranking also absurd.

As a Memphis college fan at least they got Keith Lee in there he was a tremendous player who blew out his knee at the end of his college career.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 151
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151 >
Up