ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2150 of 3903
« First < 1150165020502100214021462147214821492150 215121522153215421602200225026503150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 01:35 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
what are the side effects?
The masks can cause more harm than good if used incorrectly, if you contaminate the inside lets say or even the outside and wear the mask till it becomes damp the contaminate could migrate and cause you more harm .

that is why the are not meant for long term use, same goes for some homemade masks/bandanas which seem like they would get moist sooner.

Replace/wash them often or if you think they are soiled.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:36 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I mean, of course with the exception of your two fine fellows, I assume. . . .
Hold on - I'm busy listening to InfoWars, with Keeping Up with The Kardashians on in the background while I mainline some cleaning products.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:38 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
your mouth and nose suck air and droplets in from around them and then dispel that air and those droplets back out for others to inhale.

when did your eyes and ears do that?

if you cant see the difference and why the odds would be greater of contracting it one way than the other then im not sure what to tell you

eyes and
I
Originally Posted by :
know you don't want to accept some facts but they are facts. Getting viruses through your ears (which open every time you swallow) and your eyes is not uncommon. And then as far as your precious mask...

"What we know about this disease is that there seems to be a lot of asymptomatic transmission going on," she said. "That’s coming from talking and breathing. Those are mostly smaller particles."

"Any filter that’s made out of woven material not designed to be a filter is not going to collect particles in an efficient way. It will collect larger ones with some efficiency but not smaller ones.

Brosseau said that infected individuals generate around 900 particles of the disease a minute when talking or breathing. Current theories, she explained, estimate that an individual needs about 1,000 particles to become infected by the virus.

"Cloth masks stop about 50 percent of particles," she said. "If it takes you two or three minutes to get an infectious dose, the mask may move the infection time up a little bit longer." The slight extension in the time it takes to become infected, she argued, would be insufficient to protect those in customer-facing service work like "retail, or someone driving a bus.""
All the mask is protecting you from is someone hacking all over you, imo.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:38 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Hold on - I'm busy listening to InfoWars, with Keeping Up with The Kardashians on in the background while I mainline some cleaning products.
I can't wait to hear your theory on transgender frogs.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:39 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I know you don't want to accept some facts but they are facts. Getting viruses through your ears (which open every time you swallow) and your eyes is not uncommon. And then as far as your precious mask...

"What we know about this disease is that there seems to be a lot of asymptomatic transmission going on," she said. "That’s coming from talking and breathing. Those are mostly smaller particles."

"Any filter that’s made out of woven material not designed to be a filter is not going to collect particles in an efficient way. It will collect larger ones with some efficiency but not smaller ones.

Brosseau said that infected individuals generate around 900 particles of the disease a minute when talking or breathing. Current theories, she explained, estimate that an individual needs about 1,000 particles to become infected by the virus.

"Cloth masks stop about 50 percent of particles," she said. "If it takes you two or three minutes to get an infectious dose, the mask may move the infection time up a little bit longer." The slight extension in the time it takes to become infected, she argued, would be insufficient to protect those in customer-facing service work like "retail, or someone driving a bus.""

All the mask is protecting you from is someone hacking all over you, imo.
So even cloth masks help.

Got it.

And if you're social distancing like you're supposed to, even better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:39 PM 05-21-2020
It was rhetorical, continue to enjoy yourself.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:40 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The masks can cause more harm than good if used incorrectly, if you contaminate the inside lets say or even the outside and wear the mask till it becomes damp the contaminate could migrate and cause you more harm .

that is why the are not meant for long term use, same goes for some homemade masks/bandanas which seem like they would get moist sooner.

Replace/wash them often or if you think they are soiled.
No, no...I was told there were no side effects to wearing masks. This can't be right. I protest!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 01:40 PM 05-21-2020
So even cloth masks help.

Got it.
Yeah, that's what those doctors said :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:41 PM 05-21-2020
No, no...I was told there were no side effects to wearing masks. This can't be right. I protest!!!!! :-)
Washing an article of clothing is very difficult and makes wearing a mask to much trouble.
[Reply]
Spott 01:42 PM 05-21-2020
I've noticed not a single one of you has answered my question.

How long do you intend to wear masks? It's a simple question.
Never.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:42 PM 05-21-2020
If you're dumb enough to continue to wear a cloth mask - which is easily washable - multiple times, then holy fuck - it explains a lot.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:43 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Washing an article of clothing is very difficult and makes wearing a mask to much trouble.
That negates not the fact that there are side effects. Don't worry, you'll be doing your mask laundry for years and years to come. Maybe they'll come out with an All-Temper-Cheer for masks??? No fading!!!!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:44 PM 05-21-2020
Pete wore the same pair of underwear for a month straight without washing them and wondered why everything smelled like balls.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:44 PM 05-21-2020
That negates not the fact that there are side effects. Don't worry, you'll be doing your mask laundry for years and years to come. Maybe they'll come out with an All-Temper-Cheer for masks??? No fading!!!!
That sounds so difficult considering I'll be washing clothes for the rest of my life.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 05-21-2020
If you're dumb enough to continue to wear a cloth mask - which is easily washable - multiple times, then holy **** - it explains a lot.
Nay Nay...twas your breath from your constant bloviating you apparently despise from others.
[Reply]
Page 2150 of 3903
« First < 1150165020502100214021462147214821492150 215121522153215421602200225026503150 > Last »
Up