ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 36
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:12 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah. Piss on VIII for being such a cluster****.
It wrecked the lore just to subvert.

#1 Example of how not to write a franchise movie.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:51 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Attack of the Clones is such an awful movie. :-)

Also, I think this idea that RoS is a "bad movie" is a bit silly. It's a fantastic movie, when viewed as a Stand-Alone film.

The movie didn't work in a saga of nine movies, mostly due to the incongruous story that doesn't really match up with the first 7 films but in terms of film making, dialog, VFX, cinematography, set construction and action, it's pretty damn good.
I've kinda resigned myself to this fact with all 3 from the ST. They had no idea where they were going as a trilogy, but individually they were entertaining. I won't argue the pros and cons of them. I don't disagree that there are some issues with all of them, but overall I was entertained when I went to the theater. It is what it is at this point.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:54 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
I've kinda resigned myself to this fact with all 3 from the ST. They had no idea where they were going as a trilogy, but individually they were entertaining. I won't argue the pros and cons of them. I don't disagree that there are some issues with all of them, but overall I was entertained when I went to the theater. It is what it is at this point.
That's where I am.

It's like the movies were these weird film school assignments where J.J. and Rian were partnered up to write spec scripts for each other's works despite having radically different philosophies. I'd prefer to hear their interpretation of the SW saga at a panel at comic con rather than with one of the most iconic IP's of our era, but it's whatever at this point.
[Reply]
notorious 08:45 AM 04-11-2020
Better or worse than Anakin and Padme rolling around in the wheat? You decide.
'I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets in my vagina."
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:05 AM 04-12-2020
Better or worse than Anakin and Padme rolling around in the wheat? You decide.
Worse. Disney was too afraid for Rey and Finn to have a romantic relationship despite their claims they are progressive.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Worse. Disney was too afraid for Rey and Finn to have a romantic relationship despite their claims they are progressive.
How does a romantic relationship between Rey & Finn further the Skywalker saga?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:40 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
How does a romantic relationship between Rey & Finn further the Skywalker saga?
I don't know if it "furthers the Skywalker saga" but they basically laid the groundwork for it in TFA and then it went nowhere. Yet another way none of these movies fit together at all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't know if it "furthers the Skywalker saga" but they basically laid the groundwork for it in TFA and then it went nowhere. Yet another way none of these movies fit together at all.
Finn and Rey are connected through The Force.

Slamming Disney for not following up on a romantic relationship and blaming Disney for not being "progressive enough", when there are dozens of issues with the ST, is worthless and petty.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:21 PM 04-11-2020
Watched this last night with the 12 yr old grandson. We've both always been fans since the first movie.
It wasn't one of my favorites. Maybe it'll grow on me after we watch it again but, yea, I'd give it a 6.5/10.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 PM 04-16-2020
it's threesome, then

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:54 PM 04-16-2020
There's a good, IMO, fix for Luke by The Critical Drinker on YouTube. I liked his fix for 'Fat Thor' in Endgame and his video would have made a much better movie.

It's worth a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAa2ALSunE
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:39 PM 04-16-2020
Luke didn't need to be "fixed."

His character arc was perfect and other than Kylo, he was the best part of the sequel trilogy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 04-16-2020
For that matter, Fat Thor was fine, too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:39 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
For that matter, Fat Thor was fine, too.
How could anyone not like Thor Lebowski?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:34 PM 04-16-2020
Yeah. Agree with Clay on both counts here.

You can’t have Luke be a “Yoda or Obi Wan” type in Ep. 8 who had a mastery of the force but let Han die.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 36
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up