ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
Logical 07:34 PM 03-17-2008
What poster received a care package from Gunther Cunningham while in the service.
[Reply]
Logical 07:35 PM 03-17-2008
Who created the need for a decoder ring on Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
Logical 07:54 PM 03-17-2008
One last one for now:

There are 7 posters who are root for other teams who have more than 10,000 posts for 1 point name 5 of them and identify the team they root for. A bonus point if you can name all 7 and properly identify their teams.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:05 PM 03-17-2008
+2 Rockchalk

+1 cjrr....a squirrel will indeed eat your brains!

Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I believe this is Royc75 and his son goes by a similar name, Royr17. The thread is in the hall of classics where his son asks for advice on how to know if a girl is in to him and if she is ready to have sex with him.

There is also a similar thread about the day the son got married.

Bonus points...I actually hope I count for a lurker, but I may not. I've been checking out this site since about 2004, at the suggestion of my brother. I graduated from KU in '04 and am employed as an accountant in the KC area. Huge fan of the Jayhawks, Royals and Chiefs, with my only non-KC team being the OSU Cowboys.

I'm still waiting for answers on a couple of solid questions.

1. Name the player and his mother's handle who posted here for at least 2 seasons.

2. Which rival fans committed canibalism and one non-continental American and one non American. A savage beating ensued at the challenge of the newcomer.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:07 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Cankerskull:
KCJohnny (If Marty Chokes)

Not sure about the Arby's, except that Lattimer/Bootlegged had a roast beef sandwich as his avatar.
I need to know what and what the context of the "pie" joke was about.

Arby's and roast beef were specifically used to represent something on a famous person.
[Reply]
POP 08:10 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
What poster received a care package from Gunther Cunningham while in the service.
KCJohnny?
[Reply]
chefsos 08:11 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
A subjective question for the Lurkers.

What, in your opinion has been the single most brutal beatdown during your Chiefsplanet Existence? What is you most "holy $h@t did he/she just say that" moment?

Veterans can participate here.....we're looking for defining, "holy shit we'll talk about that in 3 years" moments.
The funniest beatdown I ever saw didn't even occur here. Couple of years ago an opposing fan came in, only to be shocked (shocked!!) and appalled. Went back to his home board and said so.

He didn't know that he was followed, and he certainly didn't comprehend that he was getting soundly abused. Heh. The fun starts 30-40 posts in.

Rain Man and Phobia visit a Jets fan.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:21 PM 03-17-2008
Hint I feel honored.
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:22 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Cankerskull:
Are you talking about Thom Ca$h, a1na2, ChiefsExpress? I typed his name, but forgot about the board filter (- ahem, shut your mouth -) :-)
ah! I forgot about that....you are correct, sir...

I feel like a noob.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:23 PM 03-17-2008
One last one for now:

There are 7 posters who are root for other teams who have more than 10,000 posts for 1 point name 5 of them and identify the team they root for. A bonus point if you can name all 7 and properly identify their teams.
ohhh.....good question....
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:25 PM 03-17-2008
What is the context for the phrase "Bass hand"

double karma points if you can find the actual thread.....one of my favorite series of posts

p.s.

there is a small chance that I am mis-remembering the exact phrase/occurance...my apologies
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:28 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
The cowboys fan??

Is this Packfan? I know it sounds dumb but it seems like he abandoned the Pack for the cowboys?
The cowboys fan's initials were J.E.

one of the funniest stories about J.E. was when a long time poster created a fake name and J.E. tried to pick 'her' up...It may have been Iowanian, Phil or Dartgod that did the faking out. it was too funny.
[Reply]
VonneMarie 08:29 PM 03-17-2008
Ask the meaning of the Arby's roast beef sandwich thing. Cuz I personally would like to know.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:32 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
+2 Rockchalk

+1 cjrr....a squirrel will indeed eat your brains!

I'm still waiting for answers on a couple of solid questions.

1. Name the player and his mother's handle who posted here for at least 2 seasons.

2. Which rival fans committed canibalism and one non-continental American and one non American. A savage beating ensued at the challenge of the newcomer.
This one is still up for grabs as well.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
A couple of years ago, one of the original Planeteers attempted to set a new world record. Unfortunately, his attempt was prematurely abandoned.

Who was the Planet member and what record was he attempting to break?

[Reply]
Dartgod 08:34 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
The cowboys fan's initials were J.E.

one of the funniest stories about J.E. was when a long time poster created a fake name and J.E. tried to pick 'her' up...It may have been Iowanian, Phil or Dartgod that did the faking out. it was too funny.
That was me. :-)

I also remember when he posted some thread on the Star board about needing to raise some cash and Gaz suggested that he allow people to beat him down for money. Too funny....

Did he ever post on the Planet?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up