ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 328
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:09 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ventura’s death is tragic and changed the course of the franchise quite a bit.
Cain injury in 2016 and Ventura death in 2017. 2 events that caused the Royals to miss the playoffs.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:59 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Cain injury in 2016 and Ventura death in 2017. 2 events that caused the Royals to miss the playoffs.
Soria too
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:11 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Soria too
I'd argue we could have handled Soria's performance if Davis doesn't get hurt in 2016.

It's completely possible that Wade's heavy workload in the 15 playoffs (including that crazy rain delay-rest in Game 6 against Toronto) caused his dead arm in 16' and if that's the case, it was worth it.

But, if Davis and Cain stay healthy, we likely are in the playoffs in 16. If Yordano's tragedy doesn't happen, there's a great chance we're back and kicking in 17' as well.

Just makes you appreciate the magic of 2015 that much more. Most teams (especially small markets) only get one shot at a run. We lost in Game 7, and came back and kicked ass to take it all the following year.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:18 PM 04-15-2018
If Davis would have fallen off a cliff, the trade would be palpable. But he didn't. He might not be the dominating force he was in 13-16 pre injury, but he still was an All-Star last year.

I'd take him right now, weaker arm and all, over Soler. Chicago had many laughs at us over that trade.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:32 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If Davis would have fallen off a cliff, the trade would be palpable. But he didn't. He might not be the dominating force he was in 13-16 pre injury, but he still was an All-Star last year.

I'd take him right now, weaker arm and all, over Soler. Chicago had many laughs at us over that trade.
The only thing that didn't sit well with me about that trade was that we were trading Davis when his value was significantly lower because of his injury in 2016.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:35 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The only thing that didn't sit well with me about that trade was that we were trading Davis when his value was significantly lower because of his injury in 2016.
Very true.

With the help of hindsight, we actually should have had the fire sale at the end of '16 when the returns would have been highest for all the major players. Woulda coulda.......
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:45 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Very true.

With the help of hindsight, we actually should have had the fire sale at the end of '16 when the returns would have been highest for all the major players. Woulda coulda.......
I don't even know. With Cain, Davis, and Moose all getting injured in 16', Hos having a down year, and Esky regressing on D, it's like some karmic force came in and leveled us out for the previous two seasons.

I think, honestly, the end of 15' was when we could have made a big trade. But I don't think any GM outside of Billy Beane would have had the cajones to pull that trigger.
[Reply]
Coach 07:38 PM 04-15-2018
Side note:

18 up, 18 down for 44 year old Bartolo Colon for the Rangers.

Fascinating stuff.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:45 PM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Side note:

18 up, 18 down for 44 year old Bartolo Colon for the Rangers.

Fascinating stuff.
Heckuva pitching duel so far
[Reply]
Coach 07:50 PM 04-15-2018
21 out of 21 now.

Is this real life?
[Reply]
Coach 08:05 PM 04-15-2018
Perfect game gone as he walked a batter, but the other thing is still active.
[Reply]
Coach 08:07 PM 04-15-2018
Welp.

So much for that.
[Reply]
tk13 08:08 PM 04-15-2018
Heck an effort. Especially for a 44 year old who was throwing nothing but fastballs in the 80s for like 4 solid innings now.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:12 PM 04-16-2018

The Toronto Blue Jays are currently working with CN Tower and Toronto Police Service to assess the conditions around Rogers Centre and the viability of playing tonight’s game against the Kansas City Royals.

We will continue to assess the situation and provide an update shortly.

— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) April 16, 2018

All afternoon the wind has been blowing heavy snow and ice off the roof of the @RogersCentre and it comes crashing down loudly. No warning signs and we’ve been nervous every time someone walks underneath. (Listen with sound on.) #onstorm pic.twitter.com/yp1YYfV43O

— Josh McConnell (@joshmcconnell) April 15, 2018

[Reply]
kstater 12:30 PM 04-16-2018
The dome is now equipped with a sun roof supposedly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 12 of 328
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up