ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:43 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I think what's most intriguing about him is that the read-option capabilities are there, even if we didn't see a lot of it. Look, I don't ever want to just have a quarterback come into the NFL and think he essentially majored in the read-option. In the current NFL, I think there's a place for it because it does regulate what the defense can do. You get to dictate matchups and create a threat if the guy has that running skill.

So if you can be a real threat to do that, like Wilson or Kaepernick can with the right combination of size and speed, and also master the protections and master the pocket like Smith is capable of, you create that double-edged combination. If that's what you want from him, I think he can be dangerous.
Of course he can be a read-option guy, because hes black.

:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 07:47 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Of course he can be a read-option guy, because hes black.

:-)
He can potentially be a read option guy because he's fast and because he's big enough to take the hits. Just because he didn't run a lot at WVU, doesn't mean he can't do it. He's certainly unproven, but he's not crippled.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:56 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He can potentially be a read option guy because he's fast and because he's big enough to take the hits. Just because he didn't run a lot at WVU, doesn't mean he can't do it. He's certainly unproven, but he's not crippled.
Exactly. He can be a read option guy because he runs a 4.56. You can be a read option guy if you run a 4.56 if you are black, white, or red. He isn't saying Byron Leftwich could have ran the lead option here.
[Reply]
aturnis 08:45 AM 04-08-2013
Exactly. He can be a read option guy because he runs a 4.56. You can be a read option guy if you run a 4.56 if you are black, white, or red. He isn't saying Byron Leftwich could have ran the lead option here.
Not only that, the biggest reason he's capable is his ability to read defenses and make quick decisions. Which Gruden's proved he did on every play at WVU.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
I don't know, but he's turned into a major negativist tool.

Maybe he's just so far up Kiper's butthole that he can't see the forest for the trees.
It has to do with Tyler Wilson. Just like ChiefsandO'sfan is now the same way....because of Barkley. They were all gung ho about their perspective QBs a while ago but as Wilson and Barkley dropped.....they became raging pro Alex Smith assholes. Now all they do is create posts like:

"Wait until April 25th.....you'll be disappointed."
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:47 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by patteeu:
When 5 or 6 different people are peppering him with questions and challenges, he's naturally going to tend to have more posts on the subject than any one of them. That doesn't mean he's the primary reason the conversation continues though.
My point was more that he's bringing up Geno in virtually every post he makes, even when literally nobody else has even mentioned the guy for a couple of pages. I mean, geez, if he bothers you that much, why keep bringing him up?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 10:16 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Not only that, the biggest reason he's capable is his ability to read vanilla defenses and make quick decisions. Which Gruden's proved he did on every play at WVU.
Fixed for ya. He looked like a deer in headlights during 5 of those 6 loses.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:38 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by SNR:
Possible butthurt about Tyler Wilson?
"possible"? Try hot, scathing, and plentiful.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
B14ckmon 12:16 PM 04-08-2013
The amount of time on this forum spent discussing a player your team has no chance of taking, is just hilarious. Gut busting.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:21 PM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Remember how we all wanted Eric Berry in 2010 but we all thought there was no chance we draft him because of *****s comment?

Hopefully, we have a similar high five session this year when we get what we want again.
Oh i remember. Every Mock draft and expert had us taking Okung.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:23 PM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by B14ckmon:
The amount of time on this forum spent discussing a player your team has no chance of taking, is just hilarious. Gut busting.
It's not closing time at the bar yet. Rather talk about and hit on the hot gals first.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:24 PM 04-08-2013
The amount of time I spend on this forum, of a team that I'm not evening a fan of, discussing a player our team has no chance of taking, is just hilarious. Gut busting.
FYP
[Reply]
B14ckmon 12:27 PM 04-08-2013
FYP
I do it for religious reasons. Honoring Joseph Smith by talking about the franchise that has been taken over by his beloved children Andy and Alex.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:30 PM 04-08-2013
As anybody brought up that we could move Geno Smith to WR like Andre Woodson?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:43 PM 04-08-2013
see this is a gut bustingly stupid post.

we have the no 1 pick. there is a chance we can take anyone. sorry your dumb ass doesnt understand that
[Reply]
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Up