ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:23 PM 04-07-2013
That may be going a bit far on Joeckel. Mid-1st round pick maybe, in a stronger class. Maybe in the 20s. Mid-2nd seems a little overkill.

I would agree re: Fisher.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:26 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That may be going a bit far on Joeckel. Mid-1st round pick maybe, in a stronger class. Maybe in the 20s. Mid-2nd seems a little overkill.

I would agree re: Fisher.
Kiper said in a normal draft Joeckel would be a 15-32 pick.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:29 PM 04-07-2013
LJ will be our pick. Sucks but oh well.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:30 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I think in a stronger LT class Joeckel is a mid-2nd round pick. He doesn't look good. If you're talking Fisher, you have a better argument, but Jokester is not even close to obvious #1.
He's nowhere close to being the same type of player that guys like Okung, Long and Thomas were at the same stage.

Personally, I don't think he's as good as Clady or Costanzo or Solder or Sherrod or Oher at the same stage. And I don't think he's as good as Barrett Jones, who, as a junior, won the Outland Trophy at left tackle and just absolutely dominated guys from that spot.

And from what I saw this past year, he wasn't even the best offensive tackle on his college team.

RunKC is one of those weird dudes who refuses to like Geno regardless of how much production, information, et al. is out there that points to Geno absolutely being the top QB in this draft, and, IMO, the top prospect in this draft. He's fought against Geno for the better part of four months now and has been throwing out guys left and right trying to say that they are a better prospect than Geno. He's about the only guy left at this point (along than MahiMike). Personally, I think it's got to do with something beyond the football field, but whatev's.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:30 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
LJ will be our pick. Sucks but oh well.
Nope its either Geno or Fisher.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:33 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
He's nowhere close to being the same type of player that guys like Okung, Long and Thomas were at the same stage.

Personally, I don't think he's as good as Clady or Costanzo or Solder or Sherrod or Oher at the same stage. And I don't think he's as good as Barrett Jones, who, as a junior, won the Outland Trophy at left tackle and just absolutely dominated guys from that spot.

And from what I saw this past year, he wasn't even the best offensive tackle on his college team.

RunKC is one of those weird dudes who refuses to like Geno regardless of how much production, information, et al. is out there that points to Geno absolutely being the top QB in this draft, and, IMO, the top prospect in this draft. He's fought against Geno for the better part of four months now and has been throwing out guys left and right trying to say that they are a better prospect than Geno. He's about the only guy left at this point (along than MahiMike). Personally, I think it's got to do with something beyond the football field, but whatev's.
Possible butthurt about Tyler Wilson?
[Reply]
BossChief 11:34 PM 04-07-2013
Remember how we all wanted Eric Berry in 2010 but we all thought there was no chance we draft him because of Piolis comment?

Hopefully, we have a similar high five session this year when we get what we want again.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 11:36 PM 04-07-2013
Turned into a good thread. My logic was dumb, but I wanted to pose it anyways. So many people will be upset if we don't draft Geno, I didn't figure a whole lot of people would be upset if we did. So why the fuck are we arguing this so much?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:37 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by SNR:
Possible butthurt about Tyler Wilson?
I don't know, but he's turned into a major negativist tool.

Maybe he's just so far up Kiper's butthole that he can't see the forest for the trees.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:38 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Remember how we all wanted Eric Berry in 2010 but we all thought there was no chance we draft him because of *****s comment?

Hopefully, we have a similar high five session this year when we get what we want again.
Not all of us did.

And Berry, despite his two Pro Bowl nods, needs to show up this next year as something other than the second best inside linebacker on the team.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:38 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by penbook:
Nope its either Geno or Fisher.
ok well i hope you're right.
[Reply]
aturnis 11:48 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They don't believe in Albert you stupid ****. God it's like you have to draw pictures with some people.

You would have drafted JaMarcuss Russell or Vince Young because they are the top rated QB in the draft.

King logic!
Who says they don't believe in Albert you stupid fuck? Andy Reid wanted to draft him, but the Chiefs beat him to the punch. Not to mention Dorsey said Albert is the future for us at LT...
[Reply]
aturnis 11:55 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by PRIMETIME211:
You don't draft a QB number 1 overall to red shirt them first of all, especially in today's nfl. It's clear Alex is the starter so that reason alone should be obvious but guess not on this board that geno is not the pick lol. The guy is not even worthy of that high a pick lmao
Says who? The idiots on ESPN & NFLn? You do what is best for the future of the team. Trading a proven LT for a lesser and unproven LT is not good for the team now, and likely not later.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush. If Geno fails, we're out the #1 pick. If Joeckel were to fail, we're out the #1 and a top LT in the league.
[Reply]
aturnis 12:01 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If they liked him so much they would have given him a long term deal.
What makes you so sure that they won't?

Is it not possible that they are letting his signing wait in order to confuse others about our draft intentions? You sign him now and Joker and Fisher are moot. If you go into the draft without having signed him, and draft Joeckel/Fisher #1, his trade value deflates. All of a sudden you're desperate to get rid of him.
[Reply]
aturnis 12:02 AM 04-08-2013
Originally Posted by PRIMETIME211:
Geno to Jamarcus is fair, I would say Jamarcus was the better prospect coming out actually during that time. Bigger and rocket arm, all know how that turned out lmao
10¢ head vs a smart QB like Geno. Gee, totally fair.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Up