ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 PM 04-07-2013
Star has the capability and upside of ngata if he developed right
[Reply]
BossChief 10:34 PM 04-07-2013
Devito -starter pay
Poe - high pick
Jackson - re-signed for starter pay
Bailey - should be good fit in 1 gap
Powe - should be better in 1 gap

That's a good rotation...can't see them drafting Star, but I could be wrong.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:36 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by penbook:
Exactly. I said star is basically a T jax. Gives you excellent run support but cant rush the qb to save his life.
Star would kick Tysons ass.

I agree that Star doesn't offer a lot of pass rush ability, but his ceiling is far greater than Jacksons.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:37 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Devito -starter pay
Poe - high pick
Jackson - re-signed for starter pay
Bailey - should be good fit in 1 gap
Powe - should be better in 1 gap

That's a good rotation...can't see them drafting Star, but I could be wrong.
No your right.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:38 PM 04-07-2013
I could see wanting someone like Dion Jordan, but I just don't get the fascination with star or joeckel/fisher. Really limited return for your investment, particularly with Star. I want somebody who can change games with this pick.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:41 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I could see wanting someone like Dion Jordan, but I just don't get the fascination with star or joeckel/fisher. Really limited return for your investment, particularly with Star. I want somebody who can change games with this pick.
Exactly.

I mean, isn't the sole purpose of that high of a pick to choose the guy that can impact wins and losses the most?

Pass rusher or quarterback.

Can't we at least entertain the thought that John Dorsey and Andy Reid are being genuine with their interest in Geno?

Or are we sold that they brought the guy to KC for a 2 day visit as a smokescreen?
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 PM 04-07-2013
I think star can but it would be an investment more than immediate. But like I said before that seems to be the 2013 draft early.

Richardson wouldn't be a bad pick either IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Exactly.

I mean, isn't the sole purpose of that high of a pick to choose the guy that can impact wins and losses the most?

Pass rusher or quarterback.

Can't we at least entertain the thought that John Dorsey and Andy Reid are being genuine with their interest in Geno?

Or are we sold that they brought the guy to KC for a 2 day visit as a smokescreen?
I think they were or are somewhat interested but the acquisition of Alex smith changes things.

We need more pass rush from the dl. I think powe has ability and I think Poe will be a monster in there. But Richardson would make sense. Richardson Poe devito powe would rotate well
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole20 10:58 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think they were or are somewhat interested but the acquisition of Alex smith changes things.

We need more pass rush from the dl. I think powe has ability and I think Poe will be a monster in there. But Richardson would make sense. Richardson Poe devito powe would rotate well
But would you feel comfortable drafting a rotational player with the first pick?
[Reply]
aturnis 11:02 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Messier:
We should no trouble whatsoever getting a team to trade up with us, right? If Geno is really valuable, teams should want to get ahead of the Jags.
It's different. Because some of us are saying he's worth 1.1, your assuming he must be worth 1.? + top picks in this and/or next years draft. One pick, vs multiple high value picks.

RGIII brought a haul last year, does that mean every player ever to go 1.1 should? No. Don't be silly.
[Reply]
aturnis 11:04 PM 04-07-2013
By that logic, no one is worth the pick because no one wants to trade up for anyone. IMO that's a lot of the logic for taking geno. No one in the top 15 or so this year, really stands out. This could end up being 09 in terms of busts as there are a lot of guys picked on potential.

The most likely thing to do is trade Albert and take one of the lt's if you think they are as good or better than Albert
Nice.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:17 PM 04-07-2013
I think it's the opposite. I think the initial decision on Alex Smith was made not only before we'd done due diligence on Geno Smith, but before we even had a GM. I think that's 100% Reid's hire and I think we were set down that path starting on day 1, during meetings between Clark and Andy. I think as they've gone through the evaluation process as a staff, I think the interest in Geno, which I think is genuine, has grown. I don't think Andy Reid, as an individual, could have had any idea about Geno when the Alex decision was made, because literally all of his time leading up to that point would have been absorbed with the day-to-day running of the Eagles. He'd probably seen him play, and I'm sure he knew who he was at the time, but I doubt seriously that he'd spent much time studying any player for the 2013 draft at that point. That's the whole point of all this evaluation they do in February and March, after all...

Now what they specifically think of him, in conjunction with the 1:1, I have no earthly idea. I'm not saying he's the pick when I say they have genuine interest. The genuine interest part was in reference to their interest at the Combine and his pro day, and the private workout last week.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:17 PM 04-07-2013
Star has the capability and upside of ngata if he developed right
No he doesn't.

Seriously.

The absolute upside to Starlite is Vince Wilfork. And that's being very generous.

The guy is a very good player, but he's not a penetrating type of guy. He's a two gap nose in either a 34 or 43. He's not a five tech and he's not a 1 gap upfield tackle.

He's a more polished, more experienced, better coached version of what we drafted last year in Dontari Poe.

But it would be absolutely redundant to think about picking him when we just took Poe with the #11 pick last year.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:19 PM 04-07-2013
I think it's the opposite. I think the initial decision on Alex Smith was made not only before we'd done due diligence on Geno Smith, but before we even had a GM. I think that's 100% Reid's hire and I think we were set down that path starting on day 1, during meetings between Clark and Andy. I think as they've gone through the evaluation process as a staff, I think the interest in Geno, which I think is genuine, has grown. I don't think Andy Reid, as an individual, could have had any idea about Geno when the Alex decision was made, because literally all of his time leading up to that point would have been absorbed with the day-to-day running of the Eagles. He'd probably seen him play, and I'm sure he knew who he was at the time, but I doubt seriously that he'd spent much time studying any player for the 2013 draft at that point. That's the whole point of all this evaluation they do in February and March, after all...
This is right on.
[Reply]
aturnis 11:21 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Geno is not a franchise QB. That's why you are not Nobody believes he's a franchise QB prospect. If they did, than he would be the first pick in the draft easily and the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th teams in the draft wouldn't have gotten veteran QB's.

Joeckel would be better than Albert for multiple reasons that are easily specified.

An OT is the best prospect in the draft and Dorsey is going to stick to his word and draft BPA. Idk what is so hard to understand about that?
I think in a stronger LT class Joeckel is a mid-2nd round pick. He doesn't look good. If you're talking Fisher, you have a better argument, but Jokester is not even close to obvious #1.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Up