« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:11 AM 12-31-2020
So what would your reaction be if the Bills grabbed OBJ to go opposite Diggs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
So what would your reaction be if the Bills grabbed OBJ to go opposite Diggs?
Same as if he signed with the Chiefs...

“Hope he can stay healthy. Probably not likely, though.”
[Reply]
BWillie 11:20 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My god. Does he ever play thru anything? I mean, I get it guys are hurt from time to time. But it seems any tweak and he's done.
HE actually tries to all the time. But then he has to go out of the game anyway and he'll strain his hammy or whatever injury he has worse at the time. That has been the typical theme for him through the years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:22 AM 12-31-2020
I doubt OBJ would be interested in doing most of the dirty work that Watkins does in this offense. Not even sure he's the right fit for what Andy wants in a WR2.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:23 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
C'mon man to all the people saying they wouldn't want OBJ on a cheap deal. Key word there being CHEAP. Are you serious right now?! If the Chiefs repeat and Sammy plays a nice role in that I could see him back here next year. If not, I personally would be ready for a change whatever that may be.
I think he may be able to be had for a 2nd rounder, maybe. I really don't like the guy but there is no doubting his talent.

Baker is so soft he gets flustered trying to force the ball to him so it turns out he's better without him. Mahomes won't give a **** and ain't no way OBJ would make a stink in our locker room.

Odell just turned 28 years old.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 11:25 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think he may be able to be had for a 2nd rounder, maybe. I really don't like the guy but there is no doubting his talent.

Baker is so soft he gets flustered trying to force the ball to him so it turns out he's better without him. Mahomes won't give a **** and ain't no way OBJ would make a stink in our locker room.

NO NO NO! He's a hot dog of the 1st degree! No way!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:26 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
NO NO NO! He's a hot dog of the 1st degree! No way!
TYREEKthefreak, remind me, do you have a problem with guys doing summersaults into the endzone?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:29 AM 12-31-2020

Agree with all of what you said but would never trade draft capital for him. We need to hit on our draft picks and have cheap high level starters.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:43 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I doubt OBJ would be interested in doing most of the dirty work that Watkins does in this offense. Not even sure he's the right fit for what Andy wants in a WR2.
My thoughts exactly
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:53 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Actually, if you look at their entire careers...

Sammy has played 4 more games than OBJ. Both came out of 2014 draft class.
I'd pass on OBJ for Watkins because we know that playoff Sammy is phenomenal.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:47 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I agree. And say what you want about Watkins, but he was valuable in last year’s playoff run to a super bowl and he’s going to be healthy and ready to go when his 15-1 team (despite his missed time) enters the playoffs this year. I’d much rather have Watkins than OBJ.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:54 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I agree. And say what you want about Watkins, but he was valuable in last year’s playoff run to a super bowl and he’s going to be healthy and ready to go when his 15-1 team (despite his missed time) enters the playoffs this year. I’d much rather have Watkins than OBJ.
Yeah, even skipping the part where OBJ isn't even the same kind of WR physically (he's really more of a Hardman type), OBJ would never be okay with Watkins' role in the offense. Can you imagine the nonsense from OBJ when he only averaged 5-7 tgts/game? Having to run all those rub/decoy routes, not to mention having to block DEs/LBs/Ss 10+ times a game?

Watkins bought into the "do it for the team" concept early. I don't believe OBJ would ever be okay in the same role.

Then add in the bit where he's not even physically the same kind of WR . . .

Thx, but no thx.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:44 PM 12-31-2020
I think he may be able to be had for a 2nd rounder, maybe.
Any team giving up a 2nd round pick for an often injured, selfish, 28 year old malcontent coming off an ACL tear that will turn 29 years old halfway through the 2021 season would be the worst draft room and scouting department in the NFL.

I'd be surprised if the Browns can get a 4th or 5th for him because he's not going to be anywhere near close to full spend before the end of the 2021 season.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:51 PM 12-31-2020
If this team wants to move on from Watkins, they'll have an incredible list to choose from. The WR FA group is fucking stacked this year. Just going to come down to what is important to Andy/Veach and what we can afford.
[Reply]
O.city 03:17 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If this team wants to move on from Watkins, they'll have an incredible list to choose from. The WR FA group is ****ing stacked this year. Just going to come down to what is important to Andy/Veach and what we can afford.
Paired with the wr draft, it’s a great year to need a wr
[Reply]
Page 24 of 30
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up