Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:06 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree, that's exactly what I'm advocating.

Go get a guard and/or center in rounds 3-5, maybe even round 2 if things fall. Sign a couple of middling free agents. Try it out. If it doesn't improve, sign a couple of more the next year.

1st round draft picks are too valuable to spend on the IOL unless there's an absolute blue chip prospect there. This isn't that year.
Nobody's pounded the table about the OL more than me, and this is the reasonable approach.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:06 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
I don’t think LDT is coming back. Have you heard he might?
He didn’t retire.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:22 AM 12-09-2020
Nope, draft a fat in round 1 so we can decisively get rid of scrubs like Wylie. Fucking sick of these schmucks on the IOL getting blown up everytime we try to run in short yardage situations.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:27 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nope, draft a fat in round 1 so we can decisively get rid of scrubs like Wylie. Fucking sick of these schmucks on the IOL getting blown up everytime we try to run in short yardage situations.
What a terrible waste of draft capital.

This guard and center class is deep but there's no great prospects at the top.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:32 AM 12-09-2020
Don't give a fuck. If there's an IOL prospect that Reid thinks is worth the first, take him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't give a fuck. If there's an IOL prospect that Reid thinks is worth the first, take him.
There won't be. I can almost guarantee it. So don't get your hopes up.

This is a very deep IOL draft but it's not top heavy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:36 AM 12-09-2020

2nd round looks like a choice spot for that IOL. My current favorites are:

Tyler Lindenbaum - Iowa C
Alijah Vera-Tucker - UST G/T (this one fits really well. He'd be a super athletic LG, and could potentially be a LT long-term)

Of course, things may change once we get to draft season and those IOL guys could jump up boards.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:40 AM 12-09-2020
That or approach Schwartz about moving to the interior if it can prolong his career. It's a combination of a bad back and ankle, right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
2nd round looks like a choice spot for that IOL. My current favorites are:

Tyler Lindenbaum - Iowa C
Alijah Vera-Tucker - UST G/T (this one fits really well. He'd be a super athletic LG, and could potentially be a LT long-term)

Of course, things may change once we get to draft season and those IOL guys could jump up boards.
Linderbaum is a definite possibility at the end of the 2nd, depending on what happens with guys like Smith and Davis. I could see both of them going late first but somebody might think a guy like Davis is a top 15 pick, too.

At C, I think Alec Lindstrom from BC is an interesting prospect and fits what Reid wants in terms of athleticism, although I think some people might look at him and think he's more of the same (not a mauler).
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 12-09-2020
Will likely be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

There's only one center with a 1st round grade in this draft and even then, his grade is 25-40, which means he's more likely a high 2nd guy.
With what stud centers cost, if you like him at 32, to for it. Five years of cheap labor.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With what stud centers cost, if you like him at 32, to for it. Five years of cheap labor.
I wouldn't take him a whole round higher just because you can. That's throwing away value. We have needs at DE, possibly DT, LB, S, possibly CB, WR, and maybe OT. Those are going to be hard enough to fill the way it is. The end of round 1 is where you're looking for borderline blue chip talent that is falling.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 12-09-2020
I wouldn't take him a whole round higher just because you can. That's throwing away value. We have needs at DE, possibly DT, LB, S, possibly CB, WR, and maybe OT. Those are going to be hard enough to fill the way it is. The end of round 1 is where you're looking for borderline blue chip talent that is falling.
I agree

But it’s not likely a blue chip DE or OT is there. More likely a top end interior ol.

I haven’t looked much at the draft though so I’m out on who’s what so I’ll go by what you guys say.

But if you feel the guy is rated end of first to 2nd rounder, don’t wait on it. Or better, trade back and get another pick and then take him
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:26 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree

But it’s not likely a blue chip DE or OT is there. More likely a top end interior ol.

I haven’t looked much at the draft though so I’m out on who’s what so I’ll go by what you guys say.

But if you feel the guy is rated end of first to 2nd rounder, don’t wait on it. Or better, trade back and get another pick and then take him
Trading back is a better idea.

And as far as guys falling, that's where good evaluation comes in.

You'll have guys like Montez Sweat free fall because of a medical condition or guys will fall because of off-field issues. You have to evaluate those because that's where you actually end up getting top 15 talent at the end of the first round.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:27 AM 12-09-2020

Bullshit. Not a waste at all. The IOL has been shit and will be shit until we make a real investment. Fatties matter a lot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bullshit. Not a waste at all. The IOL has been shit and will be shit until we make a real investment. Fatties matter a lot.
You don't just throw your best resources at a problem. That's not how you field a consistently good team.

Good teams are consistently good by investing wisely, not wildly.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up