ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 151
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:59 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
The effort from Kansas was pathetic. They didn't hustle at all, and acted like they were going to beat Baylor just by showing up. It was very disappointing to see that kind of effort this late into the year.

As great as everyone wants to say Devon Dotson is, and he is very good, he just doesn't have that alpha point guard energy like Mason or Graham. Then add Dotson's injury to the injury that was clearly affecting Garrett's play today, and it was just the worst day for this team to show without any effort or heart.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
hip injuries are god awful but yeah he doesn't have the dick swag that those two did.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:20 PM 01-11-2020
The effort from Kansas was pathetic. They didn't hustle at all, and acted like they were going to beat Baylor just by showing up. It was very disappointing to see that kind of effort this late into the year.

As great as everyone wants to say Devon Dotson is, and he is very good, he just doesn't have that alpha point guard energy like Mason or Graham. Then add Dotson's injury to the injury that was clearly affecting Garrett's play today, and it was just the worst day for this team to show without any effort or heart.

There may have been effort lacking towards the end of the game once they were down big time but they gave great effort most of the game. No idea what you are talking about. I thought our defense was pretty strong for most of the first half. Baylor was very methodical. They have some really good guards. Every time a team loses it is not about effort, it almost always, has nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:04 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
hip injuries are god awful but yeah he doesn't have the dick swag that those two did.
He doesn't lead or command the team. At least outwardly it doesn't appear that he is leading the team. And Garrett isn't really vocal either.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:12 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There may have been effort lacking towards the end of the game once they were down big time but they gave great effort most of the game. No idea what you are talking about. I thought our defense was pretty strong for most of the first half. Baylor was very methodical. They have some really good guards. Every time a team loses it is not about effort, it almost always, has nothing to do with it.
What are you talking about? Baylor had a 19-4 run at the end of the first half where we basically just stood around and let them get whatever they wanted. Now, Baylor did hit a couple of guarded threes. Well, guarded in the sense that a Jayhawk was close to them when they shot the ball.

Their undersized front line made Dok, McCormack, and Silvio look slow and weak most of the game.

The only player that seemed to play well on defense was Dok, but that only lasted about a 12 minute stretch in the first half. Then Dok got so worn out battling for position, just to not get the ball, and then he kinda gassed out.

This team's identity is defense, and we saw today what happens when the defensive effort isn't there.

[Reply]
BWillie 11:30 PM 01-11-2020
What are you talking about? Baylor had a 19-4 run at the end of the first half where we basically just stood around and let them get whatever they wanted. Now, Baylor did hit a couple of guarded threes. Well, guarded in the sense that a Jayhawk was close to them when they shot the ball.

Their undersized front line made Dok, McCormack, and Silvio look slow and weak most of the game.

The only player that seemed to play well on defense was Dok, but that only lasted about a 12 minute stretch in the first half. Then Dok got so worn out battling for position, just to not get the ball, and then he kinda gassed out.

This team's identity is defense, and we saw today what happens when the defensive effort isn't there.

Well shit man if it was all about effort why don't they just recruit those 5 foot 7 inch kids that try real hard? I always get a kick out of ppl who think effort is the reason D1 and pro teams lose at sports. It is 99% NEVER about effort.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:47 PM 01-11-2020
Well shit man if it was all about effort why don't they just recruit those 5 foot 7 inch kids that try real hard? I always get a kick out of ppl who think effort is the reason D1 and pro teams lose at sports. It is 99% NEVER about effort.
Very seldom do we ever disagree, but I respectfully disagree, teams do lose because of lack of effort. Usually its rolled into a coach just saying we weren't prepared or wasn't ready. Many times a coach will shield a teams lack of effort by saying one of the other or by saying we weren't very good. FTR, Self has ridiculed his team in the press by saying lack of effort was part of the overall problem, along with other areas of concern.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:11 PM 01-13-2020
This might be the best team in KU history.

That’s not a joke either. They really might be.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:51 PM 01-14-2020
Nice 15 point road conference win without Dotson. They could’ve packed it in tonight, but they showed some real grit. Very nice showing.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 09:53 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

You feel that great about them?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 PM 01-14-2020
Big Doke has improved so much defensively this year. He was guarding some guards tonight and staying with them ever step of the way. Better rebounder too. He could always score and get buckets, it was the other stuff he wasn't very good at.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:30 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

I'm not seeing that. But KU is very good in a year when no one else looks dominant.

1997 team is the best since I've been watching.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:46 PM 01-14-2020
This team is better than that Robinson + Tyshawn team that made the Championship game. That team was one of the more overrated KU teams IMO. Just because they made the Championship game, doesn't mean they are one of the best KU teams. Because they were an extremely flawed team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:51 PM 01-14-2020
This team is better than that Robinson + Tyshawn team that made the Championship game. That team was one of the more overrated KU teams IMO. Just because they made the Championship game, doesn't mean they are one of the best KU teams. Because they were an extremely flawed team.
I’ll agree. That team had a couple stars, but zero bench and little outside shooting.

The starters played great defense though and Tyshawn/T Rob made huge plays when we needed it.

As far as Self teams go, I’d have to say 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2016, and 2017 were all definitively better than this one.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:32 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
You feel that great about them?
They don’t pass my “eye test” for dominance (although I stand by my point all year which is we are as good as anyone)....... but my eyes are no match for hard data. And in SRS (how many pts +/- than avg team) we are an astounding +27.

Let me repeat that: +27. Just ahead of 2008 +26 and 1997 *25.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:33 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I'm not seeing that. But KU is very good in a year when no one else looks dominant.

1997 team is the best since I've been watching.
That’s the key point
[Reply]
Page 64 of 151
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Up