ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3277 of 3903
« First < 2277277731773227326732733274327532763277 32783279328032813287332733773777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
40k people took the Pfizer vaccine and none had any severe issues. So based on the data we have, your chances of dying are higher without the vaccine than with, although the chances are obviously low in either situation.

But beyond that, I just don't know what it will take to convince people that we're all in this together. If you've enjoyed this year of mask requirements, shut downs, and limited capacity for everything, then avoiding the vaccine is in your best interest. However, if you'd like to actually be able to attend a Chiefs game next fall without wearing a mask and without having to have empty seats everywhere, high vaccination rates are necessary.
If I want to attend a Chiefs game next fall, I'll get vaccinated next fall.

I'm not saying I'm NOT going to get vaccinated at all. I'm just not going to rush out and do it right away.
[Reply]
Donger 01:31 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Okay let's put it this way. Based on my age group I have about less than .2% chance of dieing from covid. What do you think my chances are for having an adverse reaction to a brand new vaccine where we don't know all the side effects? What would be the best bet when it comes to my personal health?
I would imagine that your odds of dying from the vaccines are much lower than the odds of you dying from COVID-19.
[Reply]
tooge 01:33 PM 12-09-2020
There has been lawsuits recently about that vaccine and it's adverse effects. Here is an article I was reading the other day on the subject.

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/h...ndemic-vaccine
The first adverse effect they note from that vaccine is the onset of narcolepsy. They say of 30 million people vaccinated, 1300 came down with narcolepsy. It just so happens that normally, without any vaccine, in the general population, 1 in 2000 people are affected by narcolepsy. That would be 15000 people out of 30 million. So did the vaccine prevent narcolepsy? LOL
[Reply]
DaFace 01:34 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I'm not saying I'm NOT going to get vaccinated at all. I'm just not going to rush out and do it right away.
If vaccination rates are low, they're probably going to have to require proof of vaccination to attend (which everyone is also weirded out by), or they're going to have to stick with distancing and masks.

And I don't blame people for not wanting to rush out. Realistically, the first few months don't matter much anyway because there won't be enough vaccines to go around. I'm just saying that, 6 months from now, it's time to get this damn thing over with.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:36 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I would imagine that your odds of dying from the vaccines are much lower than the odds of you dying from COVID-19.
Maybe we will see how it plays out. I personally want to see a lot more data before I would take the vaccine. I don't get the flu shot either. :-)

Also I may or may not get exposed to covid. If I get the vaccine I will be exposing my self to its risk.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:36 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
And WTF are they doing giving it to someone with an allergic reaction history on day 1?
Yeah because after Day 1 there wouldn't have been an allergic reaction!!!!

What difference does it make?
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:38 PM 12-09-2020

I think it's reasonable to wait awhile to see how it all shakes out. Some of these trials have been going on for 6 months and no major issues have really happened yet except the one that happened in the UK yesterday. But that sounds like that is SOP for people allergic to vaccines.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:39 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
The first adverse effect they note from that vaccine is the onset of narcolepsy. They say of 30 million people vaccinated, 1300 came down with narcolepsy. It just so happens that normally, without any vaccine, in the general population, 1 in 2000 people are affected by narcolepsy. That would be 15000 people out of 30 million. So did the vaccine prevent narcolepsy? LOL
Lol. Just a guess but narcolepsy normally develops during childhood. I am guessing these were adults that suddenly developed it.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:45 PM 12-09-2020
Hindsight I bet those people with complications wish they would have waited for the second safer vaccine.
not sure that first vaccine was approved everywhere, so the people who approved it are just as responsible if not more to blame.

and when you get a vaccine you are doing it not just for yourself but the people around you who might be at higher risk than you, it makes the vaccine more effective if more people get it.
[Reply]
TLO 01:48 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I saw the J&J vaccine mentioned. The last I saw, and this was a couple of weeks ago, they didn't have a lot of luck with a single dose vaccine and were moving to test a two dose vaccine.
Well poop.
[Reply]
TLO 01:51 PM 12-09-2020
Indian Chief, if you're still around -

Have you seen any success with the monoclonal antibodies that were approved?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:05 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Pennsylvania Real-Time News
UPMC won’t require employees to get COVID-19 vaccine

UPMC requires its health care employees to receive the flu vaccine. But it won’t make them get the COVID-19 vaccine, which UPMC expects to begin offering to employees as soon as this month.

One reason is general uncertainty about the COVID-19 vaccine -- the first of several in the pipeline could receive emergency approval from the U.S. government this month, possibly within days.

Dr. Graham Snyder, UPMC’s medical director of infection prevention and hospital epidemiology, said UPMC’s mandatory flu vaccination policy “is based on decades of experience with the influenza vaccine.”

But there’s no comparable data for a COVID-19 vaccine, or on whether a mandate is the best way to get large numbers of people to become vaccinated, Snyder said on Tuesday.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/1...9-vaccine.html
:-)
[Reply]
sedated 02:14 PM 12-09-2020
I wonder if I can get the vaccine but tell my company that I don't want to get it just so I can keep working from home.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:21 PM 12-09-2020
History, by definition, has the benefit of hindsight.
speaking of history.

Deadliest days in American history:

1. Galveston Hurricane - 8,000
2. Antietam - 3,600
3. 9/11 - 2,977
4. Last Thursday - 2,861
5. Last Wednesday - 2,762
6. Last Tuesday - 2.461
7. Last Friday - 2,439
8. Pearl Harbor - 2,403
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I wonder if I can get the vaccine but tell my company that I don't want to get it just so I can keep working from home.
Probably not once your vaccination status goes into the database. They'll be able to check for themselves.
[Reply]
Page 3277 of 3903
« First < 2277277731773227326732733274327532763277 32783279328032813287332733773777 > Last »
Up