ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Defense doesn't get worse in the 2nd half, but the OFFENSE sure does.
TinyEvel 01:59 AM 11-12-2019
I had a feeling that the Chiefs were allowing other teams to score big in the 2nd half, so I broke down Points For vs Points Against by half in each game.

Turns out the defense is allowing FEWER points in the 2nd half on average (total 121 allowed in the first half vs 118 in the second half)

It's the OFFENSE that loses its steam in the second half, by a huge margin (174 vs 110 points.)

We've gone into halftime tied in 3 out of 10 games. We've gone to halftime down only twice, and lost both those games (Houston and IND)

Discuss.

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:25 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
The difference, obviously, is that Mahomes' mistakes are rare, and he more than makes up for them with consistent outstanding play. That's why people "gloss over" his mistakes. He's the best player in the league.

The defense's mistakes are frequent, ongoing, and not made up for by consistent outstanding play. What have they done to deserve the benefit of their mistakes being glossed over? They've consistently been one of the worst units in football for several years.
Hahaha, again, thanks for illustrating my point.

So your argument is that Pat being the greatest QB to ever grace a grid-iron with his footprint, gets a pass when he makes a rare mistake, right?

So by that reasoning, the defense can't catch a break until they play at a Pat Mahomes level? They have to be even more elite than the 85 Bears? Then they get a pass? When do you think that's going to happen?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:31 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hahaha, again, thanks for illustrating my point.

So your argument is that Pat being the greatest QB to ever grace a grid-iron with his footprint, gets a pass when he makes a rare mistake, right?

So by that reasoning, the defense can't catch a break until they play at a Pat Mahomes level? They have to be even more elite than the 85 Bears? Then they get a pass? When do you think that's going to happen?
QB went for 446, 3 td, 0 int. Put team in position to tie with 23 seconds left and only 2 timeouts because Andy didnt want 3 for the drive because Andy.

QB is not the problem you fucking imbecile.

446 3/0.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:34 PM 11-12-2019
Does Spags understand this?

The linebackers’ skill set requires a certain style. They are a gap attacking group. This is your gap. Go attack it. That is when they are at their best. Shuffling down the line of scrimmage, read and react while getting off blocks isn’t their wheelhouse. https://t.co/kjLoXdjKeI

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) November 12, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:36 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
QB went for 446, 3 td, 0 int. Put team in position to tie with 23 seconds left and only 2 timeouts because Andy didnt want 3 for the drive because Andy.

QB is not the problem you ****ing imbecile.

446 3/0.
I'm beginning to think you can't actually comprehend what you read. I didn't say Pat was the reason we lost. Go back and read my posts. Look up the words you don't know.

I didn't even say that the offense was at fault for the loss.

WHAT I SAID WAS THAT THEY LEFT SOME PLAYS ON THE FIELD.

Can you understand the nuance or are you too ignorant to understand plain English?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Can you understand the nuance or are you too ignorant to understand plain English?
Sorry that bit was mean.

Are you on any prescription medication? Are you learning impaired? Is English a second language? Did you not get past the third grade? Your answers will help me tailor my responses to you more perfectly.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:51 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Dude was rarely brought down on first contact and always fell forward.
And NEVER fumbled.

We miss him SO much this season.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:53 PM 11-12-2019
People in here are actually trying to place blame on Mahomes?

This place has gone totally off the rails.
[Reply]
FAX 06:13 PM 11-12-2019
Normally, critical thinking on this site plummets after a loss ... it's particularly apparent after bad losses.

This may be an unparalleled case, however. Not only are Planeteers harassing and accosting each other, they are doing so based on negative emotional reactions to demonstrable facts. This is a troubling phenomenon.

I don't see how the human race as we know it is going to survive unless the Chiefs win a damn Super Bowl pretty soon.

FAX
[Reply]
jonzie04 06:25 PM 11-12-2019
Chiefs are just too sloppy in all 3 phases. Too many untimely penalties. How many touchdowns, and 3rd down conversions have been called back due to penalties, dropped passes, And Mahomes has missed a few as well.

Fumbles- we can’t hold on to the ball, plain and simple.

Giving up big plays on defense - especially when it matters. The defense will play well, and then give up massive/ easy chunk plays.

Inability to run/Reid’s playcalling - Offense could have iced a few games, but it seems we can never convert on 3rd and short. I blame this primarily on our run game, and Reid’s play calling in those situations.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:30 PM 11-12-2019
TWENTY TWO fucking points allowed in a half to a DOGSHIT Titans offense. Inexcusable.
[Reply]
TEX 06:51 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
TWENTY TWO ****ing points allowed in a half to a DOGSHIT Titans offense. Inexcusable.
Yep, and so many clowns here still have them winning out. They'll be lucky to finish 10-6. IF that gets them into the playoffs, they'll get bounced week 1. Wasted season. Sorry, I'm not getting over the Tenn loss anytime soon.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:00 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
Chiefs are just too sloppy in all 3 phases. Too many untimely penalties. How many touchdowns, and 3rd down conversions have been called back due to penalties, dropped passes, And Mahomes has missed a few as well.

Fumbles- we can’t hold on to the ball, plain and simple.

Giving up big plays on defense - especially when it matters. The defense will play well, and then give up massive/ easy chunk plays.

Inability to run/Reid’s playcalling - Offense could have iced a few games, but it seems we can never convert on 3rd and short. I blame this primarily on our run game, and Reid’s play calling in those situations.
Could be the team got all "swaggy" riding on the absolute hype of our QB, then found out it doesn't work that way.

Maybe it's just me, but they played harder in his absence, while some folks calling it winning for Pat.

That said, if they played as hard as he has, they'd be a lot more disciplined.

And I don't care what anyone says about coaching , these are well paid grown ass men..the discipline should ALREADY be there.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:05 PM 11-12-2019
The defense had ZERO fire. None, zip, nada. It's a fucking joke they let a big softy like Henry bowl right over them.
[Reply]
FAX 07:31 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Could be the team got all "swaggy" riding on the absolute hype of our QB, then found out it doesn't work that way.

Maybe it's just me, but they played harder in his absence, while some folks calling it winning for Pat.

That said, if they played as hard as he has, they'd be a lot more disciplined.

And I don't care what anyone says about coaching , these are well paid grown ass men..the discipline should ALREADY be there.
That's pretty much how I see it, Mr. stevieray. They came into the game both full of themselves and empty-headed.

I'm not sure I can understand why the players would "play harder" during Mahomes' absence, but it certainly felt that way. Common sense would seem to suggest that the opposite should be true.

But you're right ... these guys are highly-paid professionals. Yet, in that game, they decided to make amateurish plays. Repeatedly.

When things like that happen, you have to start looking at the coaching staff.

FAX
[Reply]
stevieray 07:36 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
That's pretty much how I see it, Mr. stevieray. They came into the game both full of themselves and empty-headed.

I'm not sure I can understand why the players would "play harder" during Mahomes' absence, but it certainly felt that way. Common sense would seem to suggest that the opposite should be true.

But you're right ... these guys are highly-paid professionals. Yet, in that game, they decided to make amateurish plays. Repeatedly.

When things like that happen, you have to start looking at the coaching staff.

FAX
Fair point, and well stated.

HB should and COULD have lit up Tannenhill on that scramble and sent a strong message, while MAKING a play.

If that was me ,I'd be embarrassed in the film room watching that. It's just a lack of effort. AND HE KNEW, because he instantly looks for the first down marker.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up