ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tornado Warnings
KChiefsQT 06:49 PM 05-22-2019
Hope you all are staying safe! Just saw a live broadcast & it looks like Missouri is getting lit up with tornado warnings. Praying for you all. ❤️
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:53 PM 05-23-2019
I apologize, Twister fans.

I'm probably the worst-qualified movie critic on Chiefs Planet, if that makes you feel any better.
[Reply]
007 09:58 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by kepp:
C'mon...haven't you seen Twister? Bill Paxton had to weigh his flying probes down with his truck. A child would simply blow away instead of getting picked up by the funnel.
Always cracked me up that the twister couldn't pick up all those little balls but it could pick up everything else? Also, why did the device have to be triggered by the wind opening the fucking lid? Why couldn't they just put the thing out there and turn it on and leave?

While I love the movie, that was one of the dumbest plots. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 10:36 PM 05-23-2019
Twister has a great sound track.

The movie is what it is. I still enjoy it every once in a while.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:49 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Twister has a great sound track.

The movie is what it is. I still enjoy it every once in a while.
The last Van Halen song with Sammy on vocals was on that soundtrack.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:27 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Always cracked me up that the twister couldn't pick up all those little balls but it could pick up everything else? Also, why did the device have to be triggered by the wind opening the ****ing lid? Why couldn't they just put the thing out there and turn it on and leave?

While I love the movie, that was one of the dumbest plots. :-)
It has a lot of science-but it is really a romantic comedy/love story
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:29 AM 05-24-2019
I taught near where it was filmed, (after it was filmed) had a kid that met the cast.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:02 AM 05-24-2019
Awesome. Another work day of non stop heavy rain. I can’t wait to bail people out of their cars again.
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:35 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
:-) That was very possibly the worst movie ever made.
I thought it was really pretty good! Im probably biased though, as I live about 10 miles from the town of Wakita, where plenty of film was shot. Kind of fun to see fake store fronts built, to actually resemble actual thriving businesses(of which there were not very many "actual" thriving businesses) Most townspeople thought they should have left the fake store fronts up. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:40 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by kepp:
C'mon...haven't you seen Twister? Bill Paxton had to weigh his flying probes down with his truck. A child would simply blow away instead of getting picked up by the funnel.
the "We Hate Movies" podcast of Twister is outstanding.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:03 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I taught near where it was filmed, (after it was filmed) had a kid that met the cast.
??? Sorry I don't understand that statement.

The guy who I know that dropped the combine saw Helen Hunt on set and he came over to talk to her. She yelled "Security!" :-) You'd have to know this guy to understand. Big thick glasses. Just hilarious.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:14 AM 05-24-2019
Sorry. I taught in Iowa, after filming was completed. One of my students met the cast during filming. Filming was near Whitten and Eldora. I was at BCLUW schools.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:05 AM 05-24-2019
Eldora - you smack around those bad kids?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:06 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Eldora - you smack around those bad kids?
Lucky I never had to go there.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 11:40 AM 05-24-2019
Hope everyone got through ok. You guys still have warnings over there?
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:54 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
:-) That was very possibly the worst movie ever made.
Twister did suck, but "worst ever"...no way. It's not even the worst "tornado" movie ever if Sharknado qualifies.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up