ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tornado Warnings
KChiefsQT 06:49 PM 05-22-2019
Hope you all are staying safe! Just saw a live broadcast & it looks like Missouri is getting lit up with tornado warnings. Praying for you all. ❤️
[Reply]
srvy 09:34 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
https://fox2now.com/2019/05/23/photo...Ks6pL4EuGBg0W8
Wow they got hit pretty hard it will be interesting what scale they put on this tornado. I always take note when brick structures topple.
[Reply]
srvy 09:38 AM 05-23-2019
That said Gary lezak on 810 whb said this morning and brings it into perspective "90% of people in Oklahoma have never seen a tornado." This kinda put it in perspective of chances you will get struck.
[Reply]
TLO 09:44 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Wow they got hit pretty hard it will be interesting what scale they put on this tornado. I always take note when brick structures topple.
EF3 I'm guessing
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:46 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's crazy that a tornado can rip your neighbor's roof clean off, but you just have some shingles missing and a misplaced canoe. Tornadoes are so scarily random.

Glad you survived it with just a glancing blow, as it were. Good luck with the cleanup efforts.
Thanks. I consider ourselves fairly lucky. Very thankful. And glad no one neighborhood was hurt.
[Reply]
oldman 09:47 AM 05-23-2019
Priest31 and Rausch, were your tornadoes on the same track? I have some family south and west of Russellville we haven't been able to reach.
[Reply]
Chieficus 09:49 AM 05-23-2019
EF2 for sure. There's hints of some EF3 damage. It'll depend on how "well constructed" the weather service deems some of the more severely damaged stuff.

EF2s can take roofs off, down trees, and completely collapse/destroy metal buildings, sheds, outbuildings, etc.; 3s can wipe away whole upper stories of well-built buildings--didn't really see too much of that, though, with the homes that were more than a single story in the aerial shots. There were roofs gone and second story walls collapsed in places, but nothing that looked completely wiped away.

Most of the "catastrophic" damage looked to be to metal buildings, garage type structures, etc.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to go EF3 in parts of the damage; but nothing I've seen looks greater than that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:49 AM 05-23-2019
I show this in class

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:50 AM 05-23-2019
Heard about the Jeff City tornado this morning when I got to work and heard about the tornado just north of Columbia last night. Scary stuff. Hope all are safe. I'll be travelling down to Columbia this weekend for my sisters graduation.

Reminds me of that movie that came out on tv like in 1998-99 or something: Night of the Twisters I think it was called...
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 05-23-2019
Long video of an aerial view of the damage in Jeff City.

Never good to wake up to the sound of your hometown being mentioned on the national news.

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:37 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Tornado north of Columbia on the ground.
this area seems to be a hot-spot - you go through Youtube vids of Missouri Tornadoes - they're often in that area.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:50 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Priest31 and Rausch, were your tornadoes on the same track? I have some family south and west of Russellville we haven't been able to reach.
I drove through russellville on the way to my parents house earlier this morning, tornado missed it. It went through the eugene, brazito area, if that's where they are at. (I'm in that area) damage was all east of AA
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 11:26 AM 05-23-2019
ummm what?
Attached: access.PNG (348.9 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:49 AM 05-23-2019
Thankfully no deaths. Lucky it went through the commercial area of Jeff City and at night.
[Reply]
srvy 12:19 PM 05-23-2019
Preliminary reports from NWS coming in that Jeff City tornado reached f3 160 mph winds.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:25 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin:
ummm what?
It's actually very common for storm chasers - when they run out of those little silver balls - to use small children to gauge the wind speed of tornadoes. They're not as heavy as adults, so you can just buckle the gauges on them and have them run right into the funnel cloud.

They also spelled assess wrong.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up