ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 460
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:46 PM 04-27-2010
Demo Day Saturday and Sunday at Overland Park Golf Club. Can't beat free range balls w/ state of the art clubs
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:48 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Just picked up an FT-9 I-Mix with a stiff Fubuki Tour 63 from Callaway Golf Preowned for 160 bucks, shipped.

Like new condition.
Great find.

I'm still 2 months from being able to play, and I'm going nuts.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:35 PM 04-30-2010
Came in today.

Club, shaft, wrench, and complimentary headcover.

I even found Turtle Wax residue on the clubhead :-).

You can tell the guy who had the clubhead was struggling with coming out of shots because there are ball impressions on the lower heel of the club face.
[Reply]
kstater 12:50 PM 04-30-2010
Teed off today and my playing partner about drove the green on 1 with a tail wind. I put it in the fairway about 70 yards out. He's talking tough how he's going to win some money for the birdie or possibly eagle. I calmly one hopped a 56* wedge in for an eagle.
[Reply]
bobbymitch 01:17 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Great find.

I'm still 2 months from being able to play, and I'm going nuts.
I know how you feel. This winter I had rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder. Not sure if I'll be able to play right-handed any more. Being a natural lefty, but able to control the ball, I made the switch many years ago. I may have to go back. Could get interesting in a couple of months.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:18 PM 04-30-2010
Has anybody ever played Prairie Highlands in Olathe or the Kansas Country Club (not the Kansas City Country Club)? Was wondering if they are any good.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:31 PM 04-30-2010
Tiger Woods was one stroke away from shooting 80 today. Ouch. Missed the cut badly. He is only ahead of ten other dudes. This is on a day when JP Hayes shot 64, and there were a few 65's.
[Reply]
Braincase 09:39 PM 04-30-2010
Went to the Golfsmith Grand Opening today, walked out with a new push cart. It's time for me to start walking. I've had a goal of walking 18 for awhile now, so this is an important step.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:42 PM 04-30-2010
I wanted to take the FT-9 on a test drive today, but as soon as I stepped outside the Great Flood began

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:03 PM 05-01-2010
Went to Demo Day today at Overland Park Golf Club....to be honest w/ you. I wasn't that impressed w/ anything except the new drivers. The new drivers are something else. I don't really think they help me hit the ball further than my year 2000 model ping driver, but they sure as hell help me hit it straighter and are more forgiving. I hit something off the hosel literally, and it flew low and straight. If I do that w/ my club I hit a house or a couple walking their doggie. I was surprised that I liked the Cleveland Tour Model driver the best.
[Reply]
Miles 08:18 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Went to Demo Day today at Overland Park Golf Club....to be honest w/ you. I wasn't that impressed w/ anything except the new drivers. The new drivers are something else. I don't really think they help me hit the ball further than my year 2000 model ping driver, but they sure as hell help me hit it straighter and are more forgiving. I hit something off the hosel literally, and it flew low and straight. If I do that w/ my club I hit a house or a couple walking their doggie. I was surprised that I liked the Cleveland Tour Model driver the best.
Yeah I agree. As far as clubheads go, drivers are probably the biggest change in technology over the past 10+ years. Hybrids are rather nice as well but non game improvement irons are have only modestly improved.

More modern shafts for woods/hybrids are a rather massive improvement in technology since the 90's. The giant heads are a hell of a lot easier to keep in play and total trash shots often look decent. IMO iron shafts haven't done much outside of rifle style but the old school dynamic gold is still going strong.

The Cleveland Tour drivers likely have a slightly open face.
[Reply]
Shag 08:06 PM 05-02-2010
Finally got out for the first time this year, and played okay. Shot an 86, including a handful of doubles/triples and a few 3 putts. Put up 3 birdies,which was nice. Not too bad for an opening round.

I was spraying my driver everywhere on the front, but brought it back to some semblance of control on the back. Will be interested to see how this season progresses...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:04 PM 05-03-2010
Must.....play......tonight......

Beautiful out right now. 70ish, light breeze......ugggh I hate work somedays.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:18 PM 05-08-2010
Anyone else hear the guy on the 17th at Sawgrass?

Every tee shot he yells, "GET SOOOOOOOOOOME!!!"

:-)

[Reply]
philfree 08:05 PM 05-08-2010
No workout this week,,,,I play monday in a tourney so I'm trying to get some Pheel...feel...pheelphreeeee.....Played 14 holes today and I was only +3. It's coming as long as I don't pick up a weight. What a conflict. Workout for health and pant size or be a phat golfer. Both can be rewarding....

Had some new grips put on. I've been threatening to do that for five years. It's done and the game is so much easier when you don't have to strangle the club to hang on. I still can't buy a new driver thgough. I just can't get over how stupid those big muther fucckers look and feel. With all the space age materials we have now why can't they build a club with a 300 cc head. And that's probably big for me still. I'll never be able to adapt to the big clubheads. Don't want to. :-) It's a weakness.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Page 120 of 460
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up