ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>UFO spotted by American Airlines pilot
Munson 07:00 AM 02-24-2021

LISTEN: Pilot reports UFO spotting; airline not denying, says speak to FBI https://t.co/bJokCj0dGd

— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 24, 2021

Originally Posted by :
American Airlines not denying UFO spotting, says talk to the FBI

Pilot said it "looked like a cruise missile type of thing"

By Paul Best | Fox News

An American Airlines passenger jet traveling from Cincinnati to Phoenix encountered a UFO over northeastern New Mexico Sunday afternoon.

The pilot on flight 2292 radioed around 1:00 p.m. CST that the UFO was flying right on top of them
, according to a radio transmission recorded by Steve Douglass on his blog, Deep Black Horizon. American Airlines verified to Fox News that the transmission is from flight 2292.

"Do you have any targets up here? We just had something go right over the top of us," the pilot said in the radio transmission.

"I hate to say this but it looked like a long cylindrical object that almost looked like a cruise missile type of thing moving really fast. It went right over the top of us."

American Airlines confirmed that the radio transmission is authentic, but did not give any further comment on the possible alien encounter.

"Following a debrief with our Flight Crew and additional information received, we can confirm this radio transmission was from American Airlines Flight 2292 on Feb. 21,"
an American Airlines spokesperson told Fox News in a statement. "For any additional questions on this, we encourage you to reach out to the FBI."

The FBI did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

Flight 2292 was around 37,000 feet at the time of the sighting, and Albuquerque Center did not respond because local air traffic interfered, according to Douglass. The flight went on to land in Phoenix, Arizona.

New Mexico is home to White Sands Missile Range, which is located in the southern part of the state and is described as the Department of Defense's "largest, fully-instrumented, open air range."

White Sands Missile Range did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

Thousands of UFO sightings are reported each year, but encounters by pilots have received increased attention recently.

In February 2018, two pilots separately encounter an object beaming light at roughly 50,000 feet in eastern Arizona, the Arizona Republic reported.

Between 2014 and 2015, Navy pilots encountered numerous UFOs traveling at hypersonic speeds up to 30,000 feet in the air, the New York Times reported.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:06 PM 02-24-2021
DARPA being careless
[Reply]
Pants 05:07 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
There you go.
/shrug

The report they compiled from whatever it is they saw in DC is consistent with everything else I have heard and read about these things.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:18 PM 02-24-2021
Anal probing is why they DON'T make contact. We're all Bills fans to them :-)
[Reply]
EPodolak 05:55 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think we can say anything on it if they are. They're so advanced as you say, their thinking would be completely foreign to us. I doubt they'd need any minerals or to invade if they're that advanced.

I'd also guess they've figured out how to travel faster than light, be it bending space or something. Who the hell knows.

My personal hope is advancing evolution selects against hostile disregard. And mind over materials.

Peace.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:14 PM 02-24-2021
I don't think we can say anything on it if they are. They're so advanced as you say, their thinking would be completely foreign to us. I doubt they'd need any minerals or to invade if they're that advanced.

I'd also guess they've figured out how to travel faster than light, be it bending space or something. Who the hell knows.
I don't think that's necessarily true.

The aliens that created the technology to at travel lightspeed may have been existed thousands or tens of thousands or even millions of years ago and may no longer exist. That tech may have been found by a different alien species and they're using it as they see fit.

I also don't believe that just because an alien civilization figured out how to travel at lightspeed that they wouldn't need resources to exist. It's been less than a hundred years since humans broke the Speed of Sound, yet our requirements for sustenance are the same as they were in 1947.

If in the next 100 years, humans were to discover a power source which could be used to power starships , which I think is more likely than not to occur, our basic needs would again, stay the same.

If that becomes reality, what's to stop humans from taking over worlds inhabited by lessor life forms?
[Reply]
stevieray 06:35 PM 02-24-2021
Signs and wonders.
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think that's necessarily true.

The aliens that created the technology to at travel lightspeed may have been existed thousands or tens of thousands or even millions of years ago and may no longer exist. That tech may have been found by a different alien species and they're using it as they see fit.

I also don't believe that just because an alien civilization figured out how to travel at lightspeed that they wouldn't need resources to exist. It's been less than a hundred years since humans broke the Speed of Sound, yet our requirements for sustenance are the same as they were in 1947.

If in the next 100 years, humans were to discover a power source which could be used to power starships , which I think is more likely than not to occur, our basic needs would again, stay the same.

If that becomes reality, what's to stop humans from taking over worlds inhabited by lessor life forms?
Speed of sound isn’t anything compared to the speed of light. Physics gets wonky at the speed of light.

Even traveling at that speed, it would take millions of years to get anywhere in space. It’s not practical. If they’re traveling that far, they’ve figured something else out.

Once they get to that point, the need for “materials” has likely already been figured out where they don’t need to mine it or whatever. Hell, even if they did there’s asteroids out thetr that have more than 100milliom earths combined
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:36 PM 02-24-2021
Speed of sound isn’t anything compared to the speed of light. Physics gets wonky at the speed of light.
I completely understand the physics of lightspeed but was making the comparison to the speed of sound because like many innovations that humans have made in the past 100 years, most were thought to be impossible as well.

Even traveling at that speed, it would take millions of years to get anywhere in space. It’s not practical. If they’re traveling that far, they’ve figured something else out.
Um, no. There are systems that are 5 light years away, so if humans create a starship with the ability to travel at or close to the Speed of Light, then the journey would take 5 years.

The tricky part is that something like 50 years would have passed on Earth during their 5 Light Year journey. Theory of Relativity and all.

Once they get to that point, the need for “materials” has likely already been figured out where they don’t need to mine it or whatever. Hell, even if they did there’s asteroids out thetr that have more than 100milliom earths combined
I just don't believe that to be true. Mastery of one area of science doesn't necessarily mean mastering ALL areas of science.
[Reply]
O.city 07:42 PM 02-24-2021
I completely understand the physics of lightspeed but was making the comparison to the speed of sound because like many innovations that humans have made in the past 100 years, most were thought to be impossible as well.

Um, no. There are systems that are 5 light years away, so if humans create a starship with the ability to travel at or close to the Speed of Light, then the journey would take 5 years.

The tricky part is that something like 50 years would have passed on Earth during their 5 Light Year journey. Theory of Relativity and all.

I just don't believe that to be true. Mastery of one area of science doesn't necessarily mean mastering ALL areas of science.
The closest star iirc is 5. That’s only 1 system that close again iirc.

If they’ve advanced to master the ability to travel those distances, it would be a pretty easy assumption they’ve advanced nearly everything else just based on the amount of time
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:59 PM 02-24-2021
The closest star iirc is 5. That’s only 1 system that close again iirc.

If they’ve advanced to master the ability to travel those distances, it would be a pretty easy assumption they’ve advanced nearly everything else just based on the amount of time
That doesn't prevent them from being a ruthless species
[Reply]
crazycoffey 08:05 AM 02-26-2021
I find it highly unlikely that a "UFO" launched in China or Russia could have flown 7,000 miles, undetected, only to be caught on radar by a commercial airliner in New Mexico.
No,‘it was launched from land China and/or Russia owns in America! D’uh... lol
[Reply]
crazycoffey 08:38 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Aliens are actually humans traveling back in time. They come from a time after the nuclear holocaust of the third world war. The radioactive fallout mutated our species into tiny, big eye'd, big headed grey dudes with super advanced brains.

They've come from the future to help rig the election in Biden's favor and prevent Trump from using the Space Force to activate Skynet, which would allow the super advanced A.I to enslave the human race and use our life essence to create Adrenochrome which empowers their bots.
I was going to say something along these lines. Humans/earthlings finally figure out time travel and come back to visit history real time. That or from an afterlife.

If it was really alien life forms, why are they attempting to hide themselves? Why does such an advanced life form need to worry about what we would do? There’s no reason to hide. Just zoom down over NY city, float for a few moments and people watch. We could do nothing.
[Reply]
wazu 09:00 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I was going to say something along these lines. Humans/earthlings finally figure out time travel and come back to visit history real time. That or from an afterlife.

If it was really alien life forms, why are they attempting to hide themselves? Why does such an advanced life form need to worry about what we would do? There’s no reason to hide. Just zoom down over NY city, float for a few moments and people watch. We could do nothing.
Even though we may be primitive in comparison, this is our native climate, and we have at least enough technology that an organized and focused effort by us could add risk. As it is there is no appetite for such an effort, so they can pretty much proceed with whatever they came to do without worrying about that being part of the equation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:32 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Moving in ways impossible for modern technology!

This would be much more convincing if the craft were 50+ feet long, at an altitude of over 30,000 ft., and could perform any of these maneuvers without its rotors or any visible control surfaces/propulsion. For 8+ continuous hours.

But the fact remains that no such aircraft exists in the U.S. inventory. In fact, the simple rotation without a loss of altitude performed by the vessel in the IR gun camera footage from one of the F/A-18Ds is literally impossible at that altitude and speed without exhibiting some aspect change and/or thrust increase. The laws of aerodynamics are quite specific about that.

Never mind that there's no visible movement of any control surfaces to initiate the rotation, or the fact that there's no visible means of propulsion, which there should be in that IR footage. That light whitish haze around the vehicle indicates something around the vehicle that's cooler than the surrounding air, which would've been something like -20F to -40F at that altitude. Everything humans use to create thrust produces heat, so we should be seeing at least a dark gray or even black haze, not white.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:45 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This would be much more convincing if the craft were 50+ feet long, at an altitude of over 30,000 ft., and could perform any of these maneuvers without its rotors or any visible control surfaces/propulsion. For 8+ continuous hours.

But the fact remains that no such aircraft exists in the U.S. inventory. In fact, the simple rotation without a loss of altitude performed by the vessel in the IR gun camera footage from one of the F/A-18Ds is literally impossible at that altitude and speed without exhibiting some aspect change and/or thrust increase. The laws of aerodynamics are quite specific about that.

Never mind that there's no visible movement of any control surfaces to initiate the rotation, or the fact that there's no visible means of propulsion, which there should be in that IR footage. That light whitish haze around the vehicle indicates something around the vehicle that's cooler than the surrounding air, which would've been something like -20F to -40F at that altitude. Everything humans use to create thrust produces heat, so we should be seeing at least a dark gray or even black haze, not white.
Please trust me when I say there is no discussing this subject in good faith with Fish, his mind was made up a looong time ago
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up