ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Terez Paylor has passed away.
Sassy Squatch 04:31 PM 02-09-2021

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that our beloved friend, colleague and Yahoo Sports journalist Terez Paylor has passed away.

Statement from Ebony Reed, Terez's fiancée: pic.twitter.com/oUFlJsXnSk

— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) February 9, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:37 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If I was a beat reporter covering the Chiefs, I'd hace an account here. Why would you not see whats being discussed among your audience you write for?

Good point.

I wonder what handle he went by?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:40 PM 02-11-2021
There's no reason to have an account on CP unless you want to visit the Romper Room and Picture thread.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:31 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's no reason to have an account on CP unless you want to visit the Romper Room and Picture thread.
80 posts/page, descending order.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
|Zach| 10:33 PM 02-11-2021
Guy was so good at his job. And a delightful human.

This is terrible.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:35 PM 02-23-2021

Honoring and remembering a great man. The Terez A. Paylor Scholarship officially launched today. https://t.co/PhNgzY41Vb

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:38 PM 02-23-2021
Cause of death ever announced?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:53 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Don't believe so, though Mellinger confirmed that it was not intentional.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 08:15 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They're probably waiting for all the test results which normally takes a few weeks. Cause of death will be public record once the death certificate is filed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:03 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Don't believe so, though Mellinger confirmed that it was not intentional.
I hope it was undiagnosed heart thing. I don’t want the best Chiefs writer ever going out but by anything but natural causes.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:10 AM 02-24-2021
Man, Terez's passing hasn't faded in my mind as much as other's whose work I admire that have passed recently. Maybe it's his relatively young age coupled with his extraordinary ascent. He was kinda like Lee Morgan or Clifford Brown. Young cat cut down in his prime, during one of the most remarkable seasons ever.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:15 AM 02-24-2021
unbelievable. RIP T
[Reply]
stumppy 09:53 AM 07-12-2021
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

FMIA Guest: Patrick Mahomes Leads Tribute To Late Writer Terez Paylor

Patrick Mahomes

By Patrick Mahomes
Mahomes, the Kansas City quarterback, was covered by Kansas City Star reporter Terez Paylor in his first two NFL seasons.

I miss Terez Paylor. It’s crazy, and sad, to think he’s been gone for five months now.

In my first two years in Kansas City, he was the beat guy covering the Chiefs for the Kansas City Star. I thought Terez was what a big-time NFL writer should be. He asked insightful questions, not cliché questions. I always knew when he was going to interview me that he’d be prepared. He’d have done his homework. I think some of the best stories written about me came from him—he asked questions that made me think, and so I’d give him good answers back. That’s a big part of why I really enjoyed my interactions with him.

I trusted him. He never tried to play gotcha with me, never tried to catch me in something so he could make a headline out of it. What I always appreciated was that he asked me questions to really try to let the fans know the inside story of why a play worked, or why we won or lost. That trust led me, when I started my foundation in 2019, to think of Terez. He had left to go to Yahoo Sports by that time, but when I started my foundation, 15 and the Mahomies Foundation, I called him first. I wanted him to tell the story because I knew he’d tell it right.

One of the reasons I’m writing this today is that I feel we can’t let his legacy go dim. He deserves to be remembered, and to impact future journalists, for years to come.

Terez was just 37 years old. He had decades left to be a beacon for so many young journalists—particularly minority journalists. Terez didn’t get to be a national writer and forget where he came from. He knew as he rose in the business that he was a role model for minority journalists. He definitely knew who he was talking to, who he was writing for. It was for the football audience, yes, but it was also for a generation of journalists he was influencing and hoped would follow his path.

He knew he didn’t see many people from his race, people who looked like him, climbing the ladder in sports journalism. He wanted that to change, and I respected the heck out of him for that.

I hope through his scholarship fund at Howard University that young journalists study journalism well, and also study Terez’s path. I hope for years there is a stream of Terez Paylor Scholars entering the business and rising to the heights he did. Knowing Terez, and knowing where he came from, that would be a proud piece of his legacy.

More articles about Terez at the link.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:05 AM 07-12-2021
Classy...

Link: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Originally Posted by :
Recently, Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt surprised Terez Paylor’s parents and his fiancée with the news that the late sports journalist will be honored Aug. 27, at Arrowhead Stadium, when the team plays the Vikings in a preseason game.

[Reply]
Lzen 12:02 PM 07-12-2021
Dang, I didn't even know he died. I guess I quite social media and this site for awhile after the SB and didn't catch this news. RIP, Terez. You were one of a kind. Too bad we can't have more like you.
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:51 PM 07-12-2021
Is this the new RIP Eddie Van Halen thread?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up