ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 53
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
Hydrae 02:12 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
This was this morning. We always talk that southerners do not know how to drive in the snow. But many here do not take ice seriously or don't try.

If he would have gone off, he would have died. He is on a bridge
I have been in Austin for 20+ years and have always said that I prefer snow to ice if I HAVE to drive in it. Oh, and I don't miss shoveling snow!

But man, when you start spinning and can't get control back like that it is just a helpless feeling. I did that once on an overpass. Spun the wheel but couldn't get control. I was only going maybe 20 MPH. When I knew I had to let it ride out I threw my hands in the air and said "Whelp, that's all." My wife at the time freaked out thinking we were going over the edge. Never even came close That was a long, cold walk home in more ways than one. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:29 PM 02-12-2021
If that -17 with a -30 wind chill happens in KC early next week, I'd really think that's close to a record. :-)
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:45 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I have been in Austin for 20+ years and have always said that I prefer snow to ice if I HAVE to drive in it. Oh, and I don't miss shoveling snow!

But man, when you start spinning and can't get control back like that it is just a helpless feeling. I did that once on an overpass. Spun the wheel but couldn't get control. I was only going maybe 20 MPH. When I knew I had to let it ride out I threw my hands in the air and said "Whelp, that's all." My wife at the time freaked out thinking we were going over the edge. Never even came close That was a long, cold walk home in more ways than one. :-)

Right there with you on preference of snow over ice. We get that 1/4-1/2 “ of black ice on the road first and then the snow covers it up. Makes driving pretty tricky for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pablo 06:45 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If that -17 with a -30 wind chill happens in KC early next week, I'd really think that's close to a record. :-)
The last polar vortex we saw come thru a few years back had something like that. I could be misremembering but it doesn't really matter much when it gets to -15 below plus. Just feels like a deep freezer you're walking through.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:48 PM 02-12-2021
fuck that, its so above normal in Central California, that im sleeping with my window open a bit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:54 PM 02-12-2021
We’re looking at -19 out here. Fucking Christ.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:03 PM 02-12-2021
Nah. I left in 94 and experienced worse than that. It might be a record for the date, but not a record.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:17 AM 02-13-2021
zero degrees and I woke up to the sound of a motor running…..ask me how freaking happy I am to have a whole house generator....we had it installed 4 or 5 years ago. We are on Rural Electric coop and they are awesome but time to time shit breaks down. We had a Generac set up to run the whole house and its been needed a couple times. Today at zero it is powering two heat pumps, both running on partial heat strips. Feel bad for those without power for sure
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:34 AM 02-13-2021
In the grand scheme of things-this can happen.

45F in Northern Canada.

But colder than Mars.

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:55 AM 02-13-2021
No Way in hell we can survive another PMII SB loss. This has been a warning
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:57 AM 02-13-2021
For the love of god please stop snowing

[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:29 AM 02-13-2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:31 AM 02-13-2021

***PRELIMINARY*** We may have set a new daily state record low temp for Feb 13 of -50 °F this morning at BNDM5, 25E Ely. We have several other stations in northern MN with low temps colder than -40! @nwstwincities @nwsGrandForks @nwsLaCrosse @KennyBlumenfeld @mndnr @DrSweetlu

— NWS Duluth (@NWSduluth) February 13, 2021

[Reply]
lewdog 09:36 AM 02-13-2021
I’m outside fertilizing the trees right now.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:56 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m outside fertilizing the trees right now.
Interesting way to say you're high on bath salts and shitting in the bushes again.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 53
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up