ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about Tershawn Wharton?
staylor26 09:36 PM 11-02-2020
This guy is like really fucking good.

He’s playing so well as an UDFA rookie at a position where guys just simply don’t usually play that well until year 2 or 3.

His upside is extremely high for a guy that’s just a rotational player right now. Him and Jones as our interior pass rushers is going to be unfair for the next few years.
[Reply]
warrior 09:52 AM 12-15-2020
Another great find by Veach
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:00 AM 12-15-2020
I didnt notice him for most of the game and i think thats good. When i did he was pushing the pocket a little.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:03 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I didnt notice him for most of the game and i think thats good. When i did he was pushing the pocket a little.
ummmm....he had two sacks?

*one, my bad.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:03 AM 12-15-2020
Whartan and Danna both looked pretty good.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:03 AM 12-15-2020
I wonder if going forward it will help Wharton to pack on 10 pounds of muscle in the off-season to become more of an all around DT or if he’ll likely always be an undersized pass rushing type?
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:10 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Whartan and Danna both looked pretty good.
Yep - two best Defensive surprises this year, IYAM
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:21 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I wonder if going forward it will help Wharton to pack on 10 pounds of muscle in the off-season to become more of an all around DT or if he’ll likely always be an undersized pass rushing type?
Yeah, but I'd be careful. If his strength and asset to the defense is to come in on pass rush downs as an extra interior penetrator, then let's get him honing that part of his game so that he becomes a monster in the rotation.

If he adds muscle and bulk to become a more flexible DT, it would be a shame if we lost some of that lethal pressure he generates when he gets on the field.

This is, of course, me being an uneducated fan. I could very well be totally wrong about his career path in the NFL.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:28 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
ummmm....he had two sacks?

*one, my bad.
i guess i was trying to say i didnt notice him getting gashed in the run. he seems quietly capable there.
[Reply]
prhom 10:45 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yep - two best Defensive surprises this year, IYAM
Sneed was doing really well earlier and hasn’t been too bad since coming off IR either. If we end up getting four solid guys (Wharton, Danna, Sneed and Gay) on the defensive side of the ball from this draft and post-draft UDFA, that’s pretty incredible work by Veach.
[Reply]
bobhill 03:45 PM 12-15-2020
Would like to see more Sanders thou
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:50 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
Would like to see more Sanders thou
Why? Guy hasn't done much of anything.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:13 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why? Guy hasn't done much of anything.
He was looking pretty good a year ago, wasn’t he?

And if our 3rd round DT from a year ago has already fallen out of favor that’s not really a good look, so i hope that’s not the case. In a vacuum it’s not that big a deal, but when you factor in the Speaks pick from the year before and Kpass the year before that it’s not ideal if you have almost nothing to show from two 2nds and a 3rd spent on the DL.
[Reply]
prhom 04:21 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
He was looking pretty good a year ago, wasn’t he?

And if our 3rd round DT from a year ago has already fallen out of favor that’s not really a good look, so i hope that’s not the case. In a vacuum it’s not that big a deal, but when you factor in the Speaks pick from the year before and Kpass the year before that it’s not ideal if you have almost nothing to show from two 2nds and a 3rd spent on the DL.
Does him being a healthy scratch mean he’s a bust though? Seems like we have a decent line rotation and if we have Wharton, Nnadi, and Jones all taking turns on the interior that’s not bad. I would guess is something happened to Nnadi then Saunders would start playing again, right?
[Reply]
Mecca 04:21 PM 12-15-2020
Mike Danna looks to me like a very prototypical strong side end. He plays the run well, he uses his hands and feet to engage and disengage really well.

The only things he lacks are elite explosion or fluidity. He basically can be a better Kpass for us.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:24 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by prhom:
Does him being a healthy scratch mean he’s a bust though? Seems like we have a decent line rotation and if we have Wharton, Nnadi, and Jones all taking turns on the interior that’s not bad. I would guess is something happened to Nnadi then Saunders would start playing again, right?
I’m not saying he is in fact a bust, just responding to the implication that he hasn’t shown anything. I assume he’ll step in next year once Pennel moves on.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up