ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about Tershawn Wharton?
staylor26 09:36 PM 11-02-2020
This guy is like really fucking good.

He’s playing so well as an UDFA rookie at a position where guys just simply don’t usually play that well until year 2 or 3.

His upside is extremely high for a guy that’s just a rotational player right now. Him and Jones as our interior pass rushers is going to be unfair for the next few years.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:57 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Dominating teams at a lower level is a good thing, but he was dominating teams at a very low level. Rolla is a step below semi-pro ball. I think it would be really hard to evaluate a player in that situation. It would be like evaluating you or me playing basketball against third graders.
I know the competition was not the best, but I think dominating when you should be dominating is important.

He actually displayed skills on the field, as opposed to combine warriors who run a good 40, throw up a big number in the bench press, etc. but they never dominated the competition.

That is the point I was trying to make. Combine numbers are impressive (remember Conley) however, lesser numbers but with a track record of dominating in games, should hold more weight in my opinion.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:36 PM 11-08-2020
The guy was wrecking shit for Bridgewater today
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:40 PM 11-10-2020

Most QB pressures by rookies:
1. Chase Young - 17
2. Derrick Brown - 13
3. Javon Kinlaw - 12
4. Tershawn Wharton - 11 pic.twitter.com/cFqGBzVeIh

— PFF (@PFF) November 10, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 PM 11-10-2020
:-)

What a fucking find.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
In how many snaps though? Amazing this Wharton guy is so far.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:07 PM 11-10-2020
Love. Him.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In how many snaps though? Amazing this Wharton guy is so far.

Considering Wharton has been on the field for 41.3% of the snaps, compared to 62.3% (Young), 66.7% (Brown), and 61.8% (Kinlaw), that's not bad at all. https://t.co/0jS5ZQzGAu

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) November 10, 2020

Jones and Wharton are going to fuck shit up for the next few years. It’s going to be frightening for opposing teams. I can’t think of a team in history with 2 interior pass rushers like them.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 PM 11-10-2020
Who found Wharton? We know Daley was one who loved Danna but who pounded the table for this guy?

Whoever it was...give that man a raise
[Reply]
Pablo 10:15 PM 11-10-2020
Yeah, he's fucking nasty. MINER UP!!! or whatever MO S&T says.

MINER DOWN!!! makes more sense though. But either way he's good at football so far.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:33 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, he's fucking nasty. MINER UP!!! or whatever MO S&T says.

MINER DOWN!!! makes more sense though. But either way he's good at football so far.
When my son was starting at S&T, while they had the incoming freshmen out taking their "welcome to S&T" test, we were talking to the football coach and he said that while they didn't really win too many championships at S&T, he had the only football team that had both lines that could differentiate equations. Ah yes, DiffiQ, good times...

Anyway, I'm not sure what their saying is, but I'm sure it would have some math in it...

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:41 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
When my son was starting at S&T, while they had the incoming freshmen out taking their "welcome to S&T" test, we were talking to the football coach and he said that while they didn't really win too many championships at S&T, he had the only football team that had both lines that could differentiate equations. Ah yes, DiffiQ, good times...

Anyway, I'm not sure what their saying is, but I'm sure it would have some math in it...

"Our difference allows us to maximize our potential"?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:52 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
"Our difference allows us to maximize our potential"?
They were indeed "different", but in a really good way. Clearly it was a super-nerd school (SUPER!!!), but I was surprised at how much the students got out and about. Many were wearing VR goggles, but at least they were out and about. :-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 07:55 PM 11-11-2020
Tershawn Wharton played DE at Missouri S&T.

Chiefs like flexibility with their players.

It might be interesting to see him shift outside sometimes.

Might be necessary shift if Okafor not ready to come back or stay healthy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:12 PM 11-12-2020

#Chiefs DT Tershawn Wharton named to PFF Midseason All-Rookie Team https://t.co/XaRBfTwsaU

— Chiefs Wire (@TheChiefsWire) November 12, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:47 AM 12-15-2020

The #Chiefs DI pass-rushing duo of Chris Jones and Tershawn Wharton put in work yesterday!

Jones
• 80.2 Overall
• 81.2 Pass Rush
• 4 Pressures, 1 Sack

Wharton
• 79.8 Overall
• 75.5 Pass Rush
• 4 Pressures, 2 Sacks#ChiefsKingdom

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) December 14, 2020

[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »