ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about Tershawn Wharton?
staylor26 09:36 PM 11-02-2020
This guy is like really fucking good.

He’s playing so well as an UDFA rookie at a position where guys just simply don’t usually play that well until year 2 or 3.

His upside is extremely high for a guy that’s just a rotational player right now. Him and Jones as our interior pass rushers is going to be unfair for the next few years.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:38 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I’m sure Khalen Saunders was given a break to rest up this past week, but it did appear like he was a healthy scratch.

That makes me wonder... did the emergence of Wharton make him a possible trade piece?
Interesting idea.

Jones
Pennel
Saunders
Wharton
Nnadi

I’m not sure it’s smart to move someone unless the trade is a homerun.
[Reply]
oldman 11:32 PM 11-02-2020
I question if we want to give up on Saunders yet. Pennel is on a 1-year deal. True enough, no one was beatng down his door to offer him a contract last year, but that may not be the case after this year. How much longer do we have Nnadi locked up?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:54 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I question if we want to give up on Saunders yet. Pennel is on a 1-year deal. True enough, no one was beatng down his door to offer him a contract last year, but that may not be the case after this year. How much longer do we have Nnadi locked up?
Nnadi is slated to become a FA in 2022.

I always got the feeling that Saunders was basically Nnadi's back-up, at least for another year. If he pans out, then think about trading Nnadi.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:00 AM 11-03-2020
Pretty sweet to have DTs like we do now after having to endure Ryan Simms and the trash that followed him at the position.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:10 AM 11-03-2020
Is it just me or has Pennel really not been a massive difference maker like he was last year? I seem to recall him getting blown off the ball several times.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:20 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Is it just me or has Pennel really not been a massive difference maker like he was last year? I seem to recall him getting blown off the ball several times.
I was thinking that as well. It seems Raglands presence is also missed in the run game
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:23 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I was thinking that as well. It seems Raglands presence is also missed in the run game
If its not just me, its probably unlikely he makes it back next year.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:39 AM 11-03-2020
I expect Wharton to continue to improve as he learns the DT role and technique from Brendan Daly and fellow DTs. Also think he will get even stronger in the next couple of years through the Chiefs weight training. In college he was playing a DE position at a much lighter weight, so he has the opportunity to really improve.

I don't really see that Mike Pennel is being used more looking at snap counts, but he is playing more like he is pacing himself. Last year he played with a huge rush of energy and could overwhelm his blocker to make the tackle.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:49 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
To me it just seems Pennel hasn't gotten a great deal of snaps. Maybe someone can find that out for me.

For what it's worth....he has a 73.7 grade on Pfffff.....
[Reply]
wachashi 09:08 AM 11-03-2020
6' 4" 255 lbs

Is that right? Dude is an absolute freak if he's holding his own on the inside at that weight.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
6' 4" 255 lbs

Is that right? Dude is an absolute freak if he's holding his own on the inside at that weight.
No, it's not right.

He played last year at 255.

He currently weighs about 285.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 11-03-2020
Pennel was suspended in a year with no real offseason. He's probably still a bit out of shape.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 11-03-2020
He's pretty athletic for that size too. Some experience and we may really have something here.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:25 AM 11-03-2020
I had no idea who this guy was. He made a play in one of our first games and I was like must have been a fluke deal. Then I keep seeing him make plays. UFDA off the scrap heap. King Veach strikes again.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:36 AM 11-03-2020
Based purely on size as a smaller DT, a possible comparison could be La'Roi Glover.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up