ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 162
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 11-02-2020
Pitt isn't a juggernaut. They're a well rounded pretty solid team with a really good DL.

KC has the best HC and QB in the league. They're the favorites. It's not as close in teh AFC as some will lead on.

The Chiefs high end is just better than any other team. Full stop.
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Looking at Pittsburgh’s schedule...

Indy, Cincy x 2, Baltimore, Washington...

I think they lose 2 of those 5 games. Chiefs seem to win the tiebreaker just about every way I’ve simulated it.
Chiefs just need to take care of business and get to 14 wins. If you go 14-2 and don't have HFA, tip your cap and go in there and beat them.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:03 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Chiefs just need to take care of business and get to 14 wins. If you go 14-2 and don't have HFA, tip your cap and go in there and beat them.
Yeah I’m looking at it as if we absolutely have to win 14.

But if you’re a Pittsburgh fan right now, you feel like you need 15. Cause again, odds are the Chiefs will have the tiebreaker as their toughest remaining games are vs. NFC teams.
[Reply]
-King- 11:05 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They could. I mean any given Sunday is a real thing...see Vikings/Packers and Titans/Bengals yesterday.

The Steelers have a far higher risk tolerance than the Titans, Bills or Ravens. They didn’t score a single point on offense in the first half, they gave up about 140 rushing yards at half and were down 10. Then they turned it on and came back and won.

I don’t trust the Ravens, Titans or Bills to be able to come back in situations like that bc they rely so heavily on the run to score points. We saw what happened with those teams when they were down multiple scores. It was over.

Steelers are the only team I could see being a threat the whole game whether we are tied or up 10.
Their offense despite all the big plays is only above average at best. I still wouldn't be too concerned with them. The reason they came back was because Lamar Jackson isn't good and turned the ball over 4 times. Not because of their offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I just want the Steelers in the playoffs. I want revenge for 2017. That loss still hurts
I don't see it happening.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:16 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Come on chef fans. I followed your game vs the jets on the ticker at the bottom of my tv. You guys were up like 20 - 9 going into the 4th quarter. Then the hapless jets gave up and mahomes had 2 more tds in garbage time. But the fact remains that mahomes just isnt quite as good as last year. Surely you guys see it.

As far as the Titans go, Vrabel needs to answer for his defense. His ego may be the demise of this championship caliber team. Andy Reid was on a similar path last year and he turned the defense around. Just like this years Titans will
P.S. You may want to either (a) get new glasses; or (b) get a new "tracker"....it was 21-9 at half and 28-9 at the start of the 4th quarter.....I know that "8" and "0" look the same on 13" black and white TVs, but the game was pretty much in hand before the 4th started

As far as garbage time stat: Mahomes left the game with 10:58 left in the 4th quarter after throwing his 5th and last TD of the day.

Tannehill, on the other hand, played the entire game yesterday. The Tits scored their last TD with 5:56 left in the game, TO PULL WITHIN 11 of the Bengals.

On that drive: Tannehill was 5 - 6 for 70 yds and a TD....on the day, Tannehill was 18-30 for 233 2 TDs / 1 Pick. So, prior to that last drive, Tannehill was 13 - 24 for 163 1TD 1 Pick against the Bengals.....

Also, you want to know who else was 18-30 on the day? Sam Freakin Darnold
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
P.S. You may want to either (a) get new glasses; or (b) get a new "tracker"....it was 21-9 at half and 28-9 at the start of the 4th quarter.....I know that "8" and "0" look the same on 13" black and white TVs, but the game was pretty much in hand before the 4th started

As far as garbage time stat: Mahomes left the game with 10:58 left in the 4th quarter after throwing his 5th and last TD of the day.

Tannehill, on the other hand, played the entire game yesterday. The Tits scored their last TD with 5:56 left in the game, TO PULL WITHIN 11 of the Bengals.

On that drive: Tannehill was 5 - 6 for 70 yds and a TD....on the day, Tannehill was 18-30 for 233 2 TDs / 1 Pick. So, prior to that last drive, Tannehill was 13 - 24 for 163 1TD 1 Pick against the Bengals.....

Also, you want to know who else was 18-30 on the day? Sam Freakin Darnold
At least the Chiefs defense scored. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:20 AM 11-02-2020
I'm hoping the steelers early bye catches up to them.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:20 AM 11-02-2020
Come on chef fans. I followed your game vs the jets on the ticker at the bottom of my tv. You guys were up like 20 - 9 going into the 4th quarter. Then the hapless jets gave up and mahomes had 2 more tds in garbage time. But the fact remains that mahomes just isnt quite as good as last year. Surely you guys see it.

As far as the Titans go, Vrabel needs to answer for his defense. His ego may be the demise of this championship caliber team. Andy Reid was on a similar path last year and he turned the defense around. Just like this years Titans will
Haha.....this schmuck actually thinks that a team with Tannehill and one of the worst defenses in the league is championship-caliber.

I don't think there's a playoff contender that worries me less.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:23 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Their offense despite all the big plays is only above average at best. I still wouldn't be too concerned with them. The reason they came back was because Lamar Jackson isn't good and turned the ball over 4 times. Not because of their offense.
Let's not forget that Ben is a little long in the tooth, and has had injury issues. However, unlike old men Brady and Brees, he's going to be playing in some very cold weather coming up.

I don't think Ben has played particularly well this whole season, certainly an upgrade over what they had going last year.....but I'm always curious to see how well they move and throw when it gets really cold. Besides their remaining home schedule, which Pitt gets pretty chilly, they still have December Games at Cleveland, Cincy, and Buffalo.....

I don't know if Ben or his arm can hold up in that weather.....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:25 AM 11-02-2020
I think the Steelers are very good but as others have mentioned they don't match up great against us.

Their Dline will cause problems but they will get dunked on with Watkins back in.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:38 AM 11-02-2020

Spags turned the defense around. What are you even rambling about?
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:30 PM 11-02-2020
Did a little numbers work this morning since i'm off work and bored.

Average performance of the Steelers opponents, minus their games against the Steelers.

Giants: 17.6 points scored (per game...), 24.7 points allowed; Steelers score: 16-26 (I call that slightly above average - within 3 points)

Broncos: 21.0 points scored, 26.1 points allowed; Steelers score: 21-26 (average)

Texans: 24.1 points scored, 30.7 points allowed; Steelers score: 21-28 (slightly above average)

Eagles: 22.4 points scored, 23.8 points allowed; Steelers score: 29-38 (above average def/dominant off)

Browns: 28.4 points scored, 28.4 points allowed; Steelers score: 7-38 (dominant def/above average off - 3 to 7 points)

Titans: 30.6 points for, 26.1 points allowed; Steelers score: 24-27 (above average def/slightly above average def)

Ravens: 29.8 points scored, 17.3 points allowed; Steelers score: 24-28 (above average off/dominant def)

So what I see is nearly exactly what I thought talking about the Steelers yesterday: they are a slightly above average to average squad, with one or two dominant performances on each side of the ball thrown in, primarily against division rivals.

What I definitely do not see is a consistently dominant team. Or a scary team. Even if they do manage to get the bye thanks to their schedule.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:37 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If we go 14-2, it's likely because we split between Saints and Bucs (as opposed to beating both, but losing to some other scrub), which means we took care of business where we should, and beat one or two really good teams along the way.

If the Steelers get HFA under those circumstances, then you're right, you gotta tip your hat and play the hand you're dealt.

I think a 14 win team that doesn't get HFA isn't that overly impacted by not getting HFA....they're going to focus on one game at a time, so barring injury, they would probably think they can win anywhere / anytime....and probably can....

On the other hand: I don't think the Steelers win 14 games, so may be moot anyways....
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:32 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They've won a bunch of 1-score games against inferior competition. That's not going to hold up in the playoffs.
Did people just forget what happened last season to the Ravens?....they beat up on the dregs of the league, and lost to a very mediocre, albeit hot Tits team in the playoffs when all the marbles were on the table. I think the Steelers schedule is arguably just as light as the Ravens last year, but they are squeeking by. I agree that will bite them at some point

Somebody earlier mentioned the 1995 Chiefs team, and I think that's a viable comparison. That team's margin of error was razor thin. I also remember some vary fortuitous bounces that year in the regular season that helped us win some games. Yeah, the D was legit, the offense was so-so.....but when the ball stopped bouncing their way, they were done. Scored 7 points in a playoff game at home to a team that had to fight, scratch and claw their way for the last half of the season to even get in.....I see a lot of the same in the Steelers right now...
[Reply]
Page 31 of 162
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up