ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Need some help from the mechanics
TLO 06:51 PM 08-15-2020
2015 Dodge Charger RT - 75,000 miles.

I'm noticing a clicking/ticking sound coming from the front end, (sounds like maybe from the right side) under acceleration at low speed. The noise is also present when coming to a stop. It seems to be worse when turning under acceleration. At higher speeds the noise goes away. (Will generally stop once I hit 15mph or so)

The noise is not present when the car is cold. Takes about 15 minutes of driving before it becomes noticeable at all.

Car seems to be running well, no issues shifting.

Will try to provide more details as needed.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:04 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by jjkrueg:
I’ve done lots of wheel bearings. Worst part is usually breaking loose the old one from mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are they all part of the hub assembly these days? I had to change those out on my Dakota and it was a fucking 9 day battle.
[Reply]
jjkrueg 07:04 PM 08-15-2020
Yep, hub assembly. And they can be a bitch.

[Reply]
TLO 07:06 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Shit lol...nvm. We're back to because Dodge
RWD rules out CV joint? I am not mechanically inclined whatsoever.
[Reply]
srvy 07:08 PM 08-15-2020
Probably a bomb. I suggest a big mirror on a stick and have a peak under there.

[Reply]
jjkrueg 07:08 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

Yes, no CV joint in the front if it’s a rear wheel drive. Bearings usually growl more than click. But they will make noises at certain speeds and when under pressure when turning.

[Reply]
Bugeater 07:08 PM 08-15-2020
Oh yeah, absolutely. FWIW when the hubs went bad on my Dakota they just made a howling sound at speed. No clicking.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:10 PM 08-15-2020
2015 Dodge Charger RT - 75,000 miles.

I'm noticing a clicking/ticking sound coming from the front end, (sounds like maybe from the right side) under acceleration at low speed. The noise is also present when coming to a stop. It seems to be worse when turning under acceleration. At higher speeds the noise goes away. (Will generally stop once I hit 15mph or so)

The noise is not present when the car is cold. Takes about 15 minutes of driving before it becomes noticeable at all.

Car seems to be running well, no issues shifting.

Will try to provide more details as needed.
Whens the last time you changed the oil?
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:11 PM 08-15-2020
Growl is probably a better word than howl. Sounded like I had monster off road tires on it.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:11 PM 08-15-2020
Find an area where you can drive slowly along side a building. A shopping center, grocery store parking lot, something like that. Roll down your windows and drive along until you hear the clicking. Slowly swerve enough to transfer the weight of the car from left to right and back. If you here the clicking increase when swerving it's probably a bearing..
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:11 PM 08-15-2020
My truck was doing that and I was low on oil filled up at Quiktrip and the noise went away
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:24 PM 08-15-2020
Get out and put your weight on the front corner. It’s probably not, but I’d rule out suspension/ball joints.
[Reply]
TLO 07:25 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
My truck was doing that and I was low on oil filled up at Quiktrip and the noise went away
Unfortunately this isn't the issue.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:28 PM 08-15-2020
Get out and put your weight on the front corner. It’s probably not, but I’d rule out suspension/ball joints.
[Reply]
TLO 07:40 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Nope. Not this.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:42 PM 08-15-2020
When you lightly brake does the noise continue?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up