ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith unlikely to ever play again
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:39 AM 03-21-2019

Alex Smith is “unlikely to ever play again,” per @JasonLaCanfora https://t.co/4GUBsNFqAZ

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
el borracho 10:28 PM 03-21-2019
Fantasy Football experts expect Smith's production to decrease by about 0.6 TD per game this year, if he retires.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:11 PM 03-21-2019
Wil anyone ever top his no tds to a we for a full season by a starting QB?

That’s stuff of legends.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:37 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You are one of the biggest pieces of shit on this board.
No
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:04 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That sucks for Alex, he was a class act but he is set for life.

$70MM from the Redskins to play how many games?
Well, $55 million was guaranteed. That's still a ton of dough for half a season. I found this little tidbit talking about how screwed the Redskins are.

The Redskins fully guaranteed Smith $55 million upon signing, including a rather large $27 million signing bonus. All told Washington paid $40 million of that guarantee in the first year of the contract. The $15 million that remains will be paid in 2019. This money is a sunk cost for the Redskins (for the most part,more on that in a minute) and there is no way to avoid the payments
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:08 AM 03-22-2019
Alex is a great guy.
This sucks.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:10 AM 03-22-2019
Actually, I was wrong on that. It's $71 million now. His 2020 salary became fully guaranteed on the 5th day of the league year this year. The Redskins couldn't just cut him to avoid that either because of the cap hit. Check this out. It's insane

Alex Smith’s] $16 million injury guarantee vests on the 5th day of the 2019 league year.

If Washington cuts Smith before that vesting date they do have the ability to escape that $16 million guarantee depending on how Smith’s recovery goes. But the situation gets more complicated when we look at the salary cap implications of cutting Smith.

Smith’s current salary cap number in 2019 is $20.4 million. If he was cut that number would increase by at least $17.7 million, which is the remaining portion of his unaccounted for signing bonus, leaving the Redskins with a $36.6 million dead money charge.

Since Smith would be released with a failed physical termination in March, I believe [the Redskins] should also have to account for an additional $16 million on the cap, regardless of whether ... the injury guarantee is actually paid in 2020 or not. If that is the case in brings the dead money to a ridiculous $52.6 million.

Regardless of whether I’m incorrect on the acceleration of the guarantee, [neither] $36.6 million [n]or $52.6 million is ... feasible for Washington. The team has just $19 million in projected cap room for next year. Take off $17 million for Smith and they have nothing to spend. Add in the extra $16 million on top of that and they are in the worst position of any team in the NFL.
[Reply]
scho63 07:14 AM 03-22-2019
I've never felt any will ill towards Alex Smith nor his heart and desire. He just never was nor will ever be a talent like Patrick Mahomes.

I think AS is a real smart guy and has banked a shitload of money and has no financial worries for the rest of his life.

May he enjoy his new life.
[Reply]
jaa1025 08:21 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Actually, I was wrong on that. It's $71 million now. His 2020 salary became fully guaranteed on the 5th day of the league year this year. The Redskins couldn't just cut him to avoid that either because of the cap hit. Check this out. It's insane

Alex Smith’s] $16 million injury guarantee vests on the 5th day of the 2019 league year.

If Washington cuts Smith before that vesting date they do have the ability to escape that $16 million guarantee depending on how Smith’s recovery goes. But the situation gets more complicated when we look at the salary cap implications of cutting Smith.

Smith’s current salary cap number in 2019 is $20.4 million. If he was cut that number would increase by at least $17.7 million, which is the remaining portion of his unaccounted for signing bonus, leaving the Redskins with a $36.6 million dead money charge.

Since Smith would be released with a failed physical termination in March, I believe [the Redskins] should also have to account for an additional $16 million on the cap, regardless of whether ... the injury guarantee is actually paid in 2020 or not. If that is the case in brings the dead money to a ridiculous $52.6 million.

Regardless of whether I’m incorrect on the acceleration of the guarantee, [neither] $36.6 million [n]or $52.6 million is ... feasible for Washington. The team has just $19 million in projected cap room for next year. Take off $17 million for Smith and they have nothing to spend. Add in the extra $16 million on top of that and they are in the worst position of any team in the NFL.
I read shortly after it happened somewhere that 70ish mil was guaranteed for injury if he couldn't play again.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:26 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I've never felt any will ill towards Alex Smith nor his heart and desire. He just never was nor will ever be a talent like Patrick Mahomes.

I think AS is a real smart guy and has banked a shitload of money and has no financial worries for the rest of his life.

May he enjoy his new life.

Same here....I never thought that Alex was the "answer" but I always felt that he gave it his best. I'm sorry that he may never play again - but hell, at least he and his family are set for life. Best of luck to him.......
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:33 AM 03-22-2019
I have to say that I find it interesting that all of this speculation about Alex's chance to play again are based on one throw away line in an article. What makes anyone think that La Canfora actually knows he won't be back and isn't just assuming that will be the case?

Somedays I am amazed at how the Internet has changed how we view "news" and what we accept without really thinking it through.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:38 AM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I have to say that I find it interesting that all of this speculation about Alex's chance to play again are based on one throw away line in an article. What makes anyone think that La Canfora actually knows he won't be back and isn't just assuming that will be the case?

Somedays I am amazed at how the Internet has changed how we view "news" and what we accept without really thinking it through.
No shit. So many stories these days about what "X thinks about Y" when X doesn't know jack shit about Y. But X has a legion of mindless twitter drones hanging on his every inane tweet, so somehow X's idiotic opinion matters.

God I hate twitter. :-)
[Reply]
Angry fan 12:36 PM 03-22-2019
This is a whole bunch of speculation. Prove the doubters wrong Alex!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:40 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Agree 100%

He’s made plenty of money during his career. He should be just fine. I can see him having a broadcasting career too.
No way AS is doing TV. Have you ever seen him in a interview? He is not comfortable being in front of the camera speaking.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:10 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
No shit. So many stories these days about what "X thinks about Y" when X doesn't know jack shit about Y. But X has a legion of mindless twitter drones hanging on his every inane tweet, so somehow X's idiotic opinion matters.

God I hate twitter. :-)
It all started with the invention of the telephone
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:12 PM 03-22-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
No way AS is doing TV. Have you ever seen him in a interview? He is not comfortable being in front of the camera speaking.
Instead of imaging his audience naked he imagines himself being naked
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up