ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 173
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:22 AM 10-24-2016
Thanks, Bwana. The bitch of it all is that this is not a side effect of avastin they have seen before. I am getting tired of being "special." I probably can't even sue the drug company over it, either.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:17 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am at the center yet again and din't get the news I hoped for regarding my MRI the Saturday before last. I do have avascular necrosis in my left hip and it is not reversible. So, apparently, hip replacement surgery is in my future. I am rather pissed off; I am tired of losing bits and pieces because of and to this damned cancer.
Sorry to hear it Lone. Keep fighting man..
[Reply]
Chromatic 04:21 PM 10-24-2016
Just think of it as natures way of slowly turning you into an augmented cyborg.

You'll be throwing cars and coke machines at anyone who displeases you before you know it.

Seriously though, keep kicking ass. Rooting for ya.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:55 PM 10-24-2016
Always in your corner, man. Every day.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:11 AM 11-02-2016
What a rough go I have had since my last two treatments. I've been up a lot of the night with severe gas and bloating, and it's hurting, so it's not even any fun. I've been burping as well as blasting from the other end. My burps are not any fun, either, since it's just a rush of air and it smells a lot like I ate a saddle. I am certain, however, that I had no leather for dinner last night. Oh, and my hip is starting to ache, too, so maybe it's the necrosis getting worse. I am not loving this.

I have to meet my insurance agent today and talk about Medicare. I am eligible for A and B starting January 1st. I never thought I'd beat my brother to that since he is 12 years older than me.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:37 AM 11-02-2016
Sorry to hear that, Ed. I do hope things go well with the insurance people. Have a blessed day, friend.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:39 AM 11-02-2016
Keep fighting Lone.

Fuck Cancer.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:44 AM 11-02-2016
The hip feels better, so maybe it was just a cramp in there.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:00 AM 11-02-2016
I was diagnosed with vascular necrosis in my hip several years ago. I have pain from time to time, but hip replacement is still a long way off AFAICT. I obviously don't know the details of your situation, but I doubt you have a near term problem there. But knowing it's there makes you conscious of every little twinge.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:41 PM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I was diagnosed with vascular necrosis in my hip several years ago. I have pain from time to time, but hip replacement is still a long way off AFAICT. I obviously don't know the details of your situation, but I doubt you have a near term problem there. But knowing it's there makes you conscious of every little twinge.
My hip has hurt before in my life, but now like you say, every twinge makes me wonder what is going on. I have avascular necrosis, and there is also vascular necrosis, but don't ask me what the difference is!

Things went well today and I had a good deal of energy. I made a big dinner for family and a friend, which included me making a batch of cooked red cabbage today, and a nice dessert, Danish apple crumb cake. I mowed a few acres between the house and barn, too. I am tired now, but not wiped out. Monday is treatment day, so this energy I am enjoying now will soon be squished like a bug for several days or a week, and only time will tell how long it goes on.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:18 PM 11-04-2016
My hip has hurt before in my life, but now like you say, every twinge makes me wonder what is going on. I have avascular necrosis, and there is also vascular necrosis, but don't ask me what the difference is!

Things went well today and I had a good deal of energy. I made a big dinner for family and a friend, which included me making a batch of cooked red cabbage today, and a nice dessert, Danish apple crumb cake. I mowed a few acres between the house and barn, too. I am tired now, but not wiped out. Monday is treatment day, so this energy I am enjoying now will soon be squished like a bug for several days or a week, and only time will tell how long it goes on.
Oops, yeah, I meant avascular.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 11:28 PM 11-04-2016

Sounds like quite a feast.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:14 AM 11-05-2016
Continued prayers for you, Ed. God is in your corner.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 03:05 PM 11-05-2016
What a rough go I have had since my last two treatments. I've been up a lot of the night with severe gas and bloating, and it's hurting, so it's not even any fun. I've been burping as well as blasting from the other end. My burps are not any fun, either, since it's just a rush of air and it smells a lot like I ate a saddle. I am certain, however, that I had no leather for dinner last night. Oh, and my hip is starting to ache, too, so maybe it's the necrosis getting worse. I am not loving this.

I have to meet my insurance agent today and talk about Medicare. I am eligible for A and B starting January 1st. I never thought I'd beat my brother to that since he is 12 years older than me.
Avastan, correct?

Man, my stomach won't stop churning either. Sounds like a road crew in there. Had some serious pain the other day, thought it might be a heart attack, went up and had some baby aspirin and went back to bed hoping that if it was, it was going to kill me quick.

Hang in there my Viking brother. At least you've got me sharing this shit with you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:11 PM 11-05-2016
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Avastan, correct?

Man, my stomach won't stop churning either. Sounds like a road crew in there. Had some serious pain the other day, thought it might be a heart attack, went up and had some baby aspirin and went back to bed hoping that if it was, it was going to kill me quick.

Hang in there my Viking brother. At least you've got me sharing this shit with you.
Yep, and I have been off of it for 2 treatments now. I don't have that cement mixer feeling in the guts and I am not as gassy now, but that isn't saying much! When I had the triple mix of chemos, I was like a rhino that ate a 50 lb. sack of pinto beans.

You hang in there, too, and baffle those docs when you go past what they said you have left. My hurdle is next August. If I am alive past then, I am really going to rub their noses in it. Of course, that could jinx me into dying on September 1st. Gah, what a thought... dying during preseason football! The horror!
[Reply]
Page 118 of 173
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168 > Last »
Up