ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 207
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
srvy 09:06 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
my ever growing collection of bourbon.
Looks good. I see your putting a pretty good dent in the Buffalo Trace and Four Roses. Like them both and Buff Trace is a steal at its price point.
[Reply]
srvy 09:49 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by The Poz:
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
Buffalo Trace distillery's classic wheated-bourbon formula, substituting wheat for rye as the flavor grain in addition to the corn. The result is the same creamy, full-bodied whiskey that made the Van Winkles so famous. Now that all the Pappy is made at Buffalo Trace distillery, it's actually all made from the same formula. This one just happens to cost $19.99 instead.

Now I will say It doesn't have the burnt caramel flavoring many single barrel Bourbon drinkers prefer. It does hold up and surpasses many many higher dollar Bourbons IMO. Just good stuff and its my everyday drinker.
[Reply]
srvy 10:06 PM 08-01-2014
I have two new entries to my collection that may replace Buff Trace as my go to.

I like the above a whole lot and its a bargain.
And below Old Bardstown both about same price and very good.

[Reply]
penguinz 10:49 PM 08-01-2014
I am having issues with the last two bottles of buffalo. Seems really harsh and almost undrinkable.

Think I got spoiled by a nice bottle of barterhouse. BT just does not come close.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 12:51 AM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by srvy:
Looks good. I see your putting a pretty good dent in the Buffalo Trace and Four Roses. Like them both and Buff Trace is a steal at its price point.
yea the BT was $25 and I got that bottle for the 4th of July this year to pop open and pass around. My intentions were to kill the entire bottle before the night was over with everyone. I'll just enjoy the last of it by myself. I picked up that old rip van winkle from the liquor store for $45 which I thought was a huge steal because the secondary market for it is $250+. My quest for other bourbon continues.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:14 AM 08-02-2014
I'm not in a position to ball out with crazy expensive bottles, so I tend to stick to buying Eagle Rare (10 year aged single-barrel Buffalo Trace, and only like $6 more expensive than BT), with the occasional bottle of Weller when I'm feeling like a wheated bourbon.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:31 AM 08-02-2014
Old Weller is fantastic!
[Reply]
The Poz 11:17 AM 08-02-2014
Like I mentioned, up here there isn't a large selection to choose from. My in-laws just left for a family function in Pitt so I asked them to surprise me with something I can't normally get here.
Eagle Rare is still the nicest that I've tried.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:22 PM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Enjoyed my bottle of Bulleit Bourbon this weekend
I was surprised at how smooth this is. Very good burbon.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 02:56 PM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I was surprised at how smooth this is. Very good burbon.
try Jeffersons Reserve. that shit is like honey and extremely smooth. no bite at all.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 02:56 PM 08-02-2014
Just working on some Jameson this weekend. Buffalo Trace is one of my favorites though.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 02:57 PM 08-02-2014
What's the best bourbon $30 or under?

The best one under $8 (For the cheap asses) is Kentucky Prize. Not Deluxe. Prize.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 03:00 PM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
What's the best bourbon $30 or under?
I think four roses small batch is solid at $35. other than BT I'd say W.L. Weller is a good pick as well.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 03:02 PM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
I think four roses small batch is solid at $35. other than BT I'd say W.L. Weller is a good pick as well.
Never heard of it.

Edit: I've seen it actually. Just never catches the eye.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 03:05 PM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Never heard of it.
then you must try it. I think a bottle runs $20.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 207
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up