ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 72
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:43 PM 12-05-2019
This thread is better than the Tigers season.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:44 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Idk if Charlie Strong would be any worse than the guys on those list but **** the KC Star. They must have missed the part where the basketball programs 2 out of the last 3 hires were black. I'm sure theres a high number of college basketball players that are black but yanno RACISM!

*edit ok I thought of one if you like Herm... Marvin Lewis but he very well could be coaching in the NFL next year.
3 of the last 4
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 PM 12-05-2019
Sterk has been doing a great job at MSU. This year alone he won....checks notes.....1 game.

So yeah, have at him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sterk has been doing a great job at MSU. This year alone he won....checks notes.....1 game.

So yeah, have at him.
Tell me you don't think we've been discussing the Montana State Head Coach this whole time.

Like...this is a non-sequitur, right?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 PM 12-05-2019
DJ what do you think in a hypothetical world they got SJW to appease the KC Star and go after a guy like Lewis?
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tell me you don't think we've been discussing the Montana State Head Coach this whole time.

Like...this is a non-sequitur, right?
Yeah, I meant Steckel. Take him back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 PM 12-05-2019
DJ what do you think in a hypothetical world they got SJW to appease the KC Star and go after a guy like Lewis?
Here's the thing - I'd have SUPPORTED a Herm Edwards hire. Because that guy is charismatic as fuck and was always a college coach mis-cast as an NFL coach.

But Marvin Lewis? Near as I can tell the guy is as charming as curdled milk. What is there ANYWHERE on his resume to suggest he'd be an effective program builder and college coach?

I just don't see it working out at all. This isn't Deion Sanders coming into a program and a region that loves him with a style and flash that will get the attention of every significant recruit in America and he can have assistant coaches do some heavy lifting while he brings in 5* recruits and finds his way. It's....Marvin Lewis.

And I'm not even someone that thinks Sanders would work out well, but it has a lot better shot than Marvin Lewis.

I mean you're essentially looking to duplicate the Lovie Smith model with less successful, less charismatic version of Lovie Smith. And the Lovie Smith model has been...not great.

There wouldn't even be a good pretextual explanation for it. You just go to the presser and try to diplomatically say "yeah, we just wanted to hire a black guy" because there's really no other answer if you hire Marvin Lewis.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I meant Steckel. Take him back.
Holy Shit...you guys still have Dave Steckel!?!?

As far as I knew that guy had been a disaster from the jump. Surely he's not back next year.

Ah, who am I kidding, Missouri State will end up making a better hire than we do.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:23 PM 12-05-2019

As far as I knew that guy had been a disaster from the jump. Surely he's not back next year.

Ah, who am I kidding, Missouri State will end up making a better hire than we do.
We got an AD that gave Stec a 2 year extension after year 2 and now because of that he cant buy him because same AD cant come up with the buy out.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 PM 12-05-2019

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're bringing him back. He won 1 game this year.

1 game, that's all we won, 1 god damn game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:23 PM 12-05-2019
Here's the thing - I'd have SUPPORTED a Herm Edwards hire. Because that guy is charismatic as **** and was always a college coach mis-cast as an NFL coach.

But Marvin Lewis? Near as I can tell the guy is as charming as curdled milk. What is there ANYWHERE on his resume to suggest he'd be an effective program builder and college coach?

I just don't see it working out at all. This isn't Deion Sanders coming into a program and a region that loves him with a style and flash that will get the attention of every significant recruit in America and he can have assistant coaches do some heavy lifting while he brings in 5* recruits and finds his way. It's....Marvin Lewis.

And I'm not even someone that thinks Sanders would work out well, but it has a lot better shot than Marvin Lewis.

I mean you're essentially looking to duplicate the Lovie Smith model with less successful, less charismatic version of Lovie Smith. And the Lovie Smith model has been...not great.

There wouldn't even be a good pretextual explanation for it. You just go to the presser and try to diplomatically say "yeah, we just wanted to hire a black guy" because there's really no other answer if you hire Marvin Lewis.
See this is where I disagree with you somewhat. I dont think Lewis was a TERRIBLE head coach. It wouldnt be like bring in Callahan but you would get a well respected NFL coach with connections and I'm pretty sure you would have a decent roster in terms in talent.

If he flames out in a few years hes atleast at retirement age which helps. Is he really any worse than Fultz or Monken?
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
We got an AD that gave Stec a 2 year extension after year 2 and now because of that he cant buy him because same AD cant come up with the buy out.
Who is the AD now here at MSU?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 PM 12-05-2019
See this is where I disagree with you somewhat. I dont think Lewis was a TERRIBLE head coach. It wouldnt be like bring in Callahan but you would get a well respected NFL coach with connections and I'm pretty sure you would have a decent roster in terms in talent.

If he flames out in a few years hes atleast at retirement age which helps. Is he really any worse than Fultz or Monken?
He'd be a guy that needs to win quickly and I'm just not sure the system is in place to do that.

Dull coaches can succeed at the college level if they get IMMEDIATE buy-in. Then it's not that he's boring, he's 'cerebral'. Then he can sell 'stability' over style.

But if he comes in and has a 5 win season and a 7 win season in his first two years, he's a dead man walking. The fans will turn on him because he's as much fun as a hangnail. His recruiting will suffer and he'll end up in a death spiral.

Bring him in to take over a team with a bit of forward momentum and I could see him working out. But this squad? I just don't see it happening. He's not going to fire anybody up and turn this ship.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:29 PM 12-05-2019
Idk if Charlie Strong would be any worse than the guys on those list but **** the KC Star. They must have missed the part where the basketball programs 2 out of the last 3 hires were black. I'm sure theres a high number of college basketball players that are black but yanno RACISM!

*edit ok I thought of one if you like Herm... Marvin Lewis but he very well could be coaching in the NFL next year.
Marvin Lewis is going to be a lot better off once he realizes that he should be working in a Front Office somewhere. I don't think going to the NCAA level will work out well for him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:30 PM 12-05-2019
He'd be a guy that needs to win quickly and I'm just not sure the system is in place to do that.

Dull coaches can succeed at the college level if they get IMMEDIATE buy-in. Then it's not that he's boring, he's 'cerebral'. Then he can sell 'stability' over style.

But if he comes in and has a 5 win season and a 7 win season in his first two years, he's a dead man walking. The fans will turn on him because he's as much fun as a hangnail. His recruiting will suffer and he'll end up in a death spiral.

Bring him in to take over a team with a bit of forward momentum and I could see him working out. But this squad? I just don't see it happening. He's not going to fire anybody up and turn this ship.
Yikes man. I'm not sure theres anyone on that list weve seen that can do that.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 72
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up