ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 72
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Jerm 04:29 PM 12-01-2019
Some rumors out there that Mich St. will know whether Dantonio is staying or not within 24 hrs...any interest in him if he's fired?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:30 PM 12-01-2019
None. Dantonio is cooked.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:31 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
None. Dantonio is cooked.
Fair enough...I think they go younger.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:50 PM 12-01-2019
Wonder if ole Kermit would want to give being the football coach a shot. At least in football there is no way hed lose 20+ games a season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:57 PM 12-01-2019
Ole Miss coach fired. Sterk probably shouldn't fuck around for long.

A lot of rumors that all of Arky's top choices are telling them no. Program is a tire fire.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:22 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Skip Holtz is the only rumored name I’ve heard that is worse to me.

I’m not exaggerating when I say I would have rather stuck with Odom than hire Kiffin.
This is the most accurate post to ever exist.

I'm out if its Lane Kiffin. Frankly, I'm probably out one way or the other. Sterk is GOING to fuck this up. Badly.

As bad as Kiffin is, there's a 50/50 shot that Sterk does worse (like Holtz).

They don't have a plan. This is unbelievable to me.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:27 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is the most accurate post to ever exist.

I'm out if its Lane Kiffin. Frankly, I'm probably out one way or the other. Sterk is GOING to **** this up. Badly.

As bad as Kiffin is, there's a 50/50 shot that Sterk does worse (like Holtz).

They don't have a plan. This is unbelievable to me.
What if Kiffin gets someone like Strong to run the defense?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What if Kiffin gets someone like Strong to run the defense?
Fuck. Lane. Kiffin.

He's on my Bobby Petrino 'do not draft' list.

There is no consequence of Lane Kiffin's hire that will convince me that I want Lane Kiffin representing this program and this university. I live here. I graduated from Mizzou. My wife works for them and my grandparents have their names on shit in this town.

Fuck Lane Kiffin.
[Reply]
nychief 08:38 PM 12-01-2019
What are the rumors about Memphis coach?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:

Think Quin Snyder 1.0, but throw in a dash of Conspiracy theory about why Michael Jordan actually retired the first time and a dose of what got Tyreek Hill booted from okie lite.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:47 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Got some Bobby Petrino in him too...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:48 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Some rumors out there that Mich St. will know whether Dantonio is staying or not within 24 hrs...any interest in him if he's fired?

Hell yeah
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
****. Lane. Kiffin.

He's on my Bobby Petrino 'do not draft' list.

There is no consequence of Lane Kiffin's hire that will convince me that I want Lane Kiffin representing this program and this university. I live here. I graduated from Mizzou. My wife works for them and my grandparents have their names on shit in this town.

**** Lane Kiffin.
Sounds like some of my family who disowned my dad when he said give Callahan a chance.

I dont know you personally but I have a hard time believing if he got kids from St.Louis to come and hire a capable DC like Strong that if they start winning you would still boycott the football program.

I get Hamas's argument and it makes perfect sense we do know if Kiffin comes be will get kids who can play and in 3/4 years when he leaves the cupboard wont be bare. You cant say the same for a guy like Fickell.

Norvell is an interesting hire. Hes done a good job but weve seen how the AAC golden boy does at a big boy program. Verdict is still out at best you have to give him 4-5 years which raises the question do Mizzou fans have that kind of patience?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:58 PM 12-01-2019
If you look at LSU though Orgeron is a used car salesman just like Kiffin. I dont think either are good in game coaches buuuut both can recruit. Ed O also has Aranda. If Kiffin gets someone similar why cant it work?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Sounds like some of my family who disowned my dad when he said give Callahan a chance.

I dont know you personally but I have a hard time believing if he got kids from St.Louis to come and hire a capable DC like Strong that if they start winning you would still boycott the football program.

I get Hamas's argument and it makes perfect sense we do know if Kiffin comes be will get kids who can play and in 3/4 years when he leaves the cupboard wont be bare. You cant say the same for a guy like Fickell.

Norvell is an interesting hire. Hes done a good job but weve seen how the AAC golden boy does at a big boy program. Verdict is still out at best you have to give him 4-5 years which raises the question do Mizzou fans have that kind of patience?
"He can recruit" is the "he sets the edge" of college coaching analysis. Or maybe "he has a quick release" when talking about college quarterbacks.

It sounds reasonably well-informed, is fairly difficult to disprove (so most won't bother trying) and can be used in the event you can't point to obvious tangible accomplishments or attributes.

It's what people say about a coach when they can't come up with a real argument in his favor. It is, at BEST, a backhanded compliment and it never gets applied to people who ever win anything.

It's what you say about Frank Haith, who then gets asked to prove it under genuinely trying circumstances and falls on his face.

Lane Kiffin will SUCK here. Horribly. He won't be any better at getting St. Louis kids to come here than anyone else has been. And he's a fucking moron so he'll lose. A lot.

There's not a single good reason to hire that legacy gomer. But/for his dad crafting a defense that was obsolete before he retired, Kiffin would be coaching special teams in High school. He can eat a whole bucket of dicks.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 72
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up