ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 324
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:05 PM 01-25-2019
Also, this team needs to let Dee Ford walk. If you really want to spend on an edge defender, there are younger, more accomplished, more well-rounded pass rushers.

And who would like to see KC bring back David Irving?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:07 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Why do people like Landon Collins? Dude had one good year and he can’t cover TE’s.
Just acknowledging the very real chance that Spagnuolo would want him on this defense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:09 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
JalenRamsey and Collins and a bunch of draft picks chosen to replace high priced stars in the next 2 seasons and LETS GOOOOO
Ramsey is budding up with tyreek. Maybe he's doing some recruiting for us. One things for damn sure... Regardless of how anyone feels about Xs and O's he can flat out coach DB's. Groomed lito sheppard, Landon Collins, Jimmy Smith, Aaron Ross, Corey Webster when they were just pups. Our secondary is going to be really good at some point.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Ramsey is budding up with tyreek. Maybe he's doing some recruiting for us. One things for damn sure... Regardless of how anyone feels about Xs and O's he can flat out coach DB's. Groomed lito sheppard, Landon Collins, Jimmy Smith, Aaron Ross, Corey Webster when they were just pups. Our secondary is going to be really good at some point.
I hope he fires Thomas.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 01-25-2019
The entire defensive side of the ball (sans Mike Smith) needs to be fired. Make Britt Reid into an assistant if you absolutely have to. Andy Heck should also be shown the door.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:16 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I hope he fires Thomas.
Yeah, I could see him firing Thomas but keeping Harris (he coached Harris in Philly). This is the one positions group that doesn't matter to me, because no matter what, I think Spagnuolo will trump any coaching we have. We'll be good at DB no matter who's the official DBs assistant.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:23 PM 01-25-2019
Thomas retired the day Sutton was fired, did you all miss that?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:24 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Link?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:24 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Source? I've seen this posted, but there's never been a link.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:25 PM 01-25-2019
https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/

They updated the DC and Thomas is still on coaching staff
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:58 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Funny how Hamas went that far back and still couldn’t find me saying Nelson was “good” or that Gase was a “QB guru”. You know, the two things I challenged him on in the post he quoted.

:-)
Because I was making a broader point. You're a homer. Always have been. You'll view these personnel decisions through a homer's lens because you always pump sunshine on these mediocre to bad players and coaches first.

You've said that you never overrate Chiefs players, which is just absolute bullshit. Looking at the secondary alone, one can find examples of Nelson, Gaines, and Russell, among others. You were probably one of the last holdouts on Mike Catapano for fuck's sake.

You talk now about how bad Sutton was once Spagnuolo is on board, but in November you were making fun of people for stating that the defense was bad. You claimed that Sutton could scheme his way out of problems, then blamed him for an inability to adjust only after he was fired.

Regarding Nelson: You've been routinely overrating him for years because you're unable to admit that you're wrong about him. You crowed about him being a nickel corner (Narrator: he wasn't), talked about him having good/solid years (he didn't).

Just admit that you see everything through rose-colored glasses and it would be a hell of a lot easier to respect you.

Regarding Gase: you claimed that the got the most out of Tannehill (false, go look at his stats) and that Cutler had the best QBR of his career under Gase (which was also false, it was never higher than his fifth best).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:09 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:

Marty said he was retiring.

It'll probably take a few days.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:19 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:

Thomas is the only coach on that page where you can't click to get a bio or at least some fuck you blurb. Pretty telling.
[Reply]
wheeler08 02:29 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The entire defensive side of the ball (sans Mike Smith) needs to be fired. Make Britt Reid into an assistant if you absolutely have to. Andy Heck should also be shown the door.
In relation to Heck, has the colts fired offensive line coach gotten a job anywhere yet? Biggest shock in offseason so far to me. They say he was an asshole but it was the most improved O line in history. Quinton Nelson took up for him after he was fired and he’s their best player.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:29 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Because I was making a broader point. You're a homer. Always have been. You'll view these personnel decisions through a homer's lens because you always pump sunshine on these mediocre to bad players and coaches first.

You've said that you never overrate Chiefs players, which is just absolute bullshit. Looking at the secondary alone, one can find examples of Nelson, Gaines, and Russell, among others. You were probably one of the last holdouts on Mike Catapano for ****'s sake.

You talk now about how bad Sutton was once Spagnuolo is on board, but in November you were making fun of people for stating that the defense was bad. You claimed that Sutton could scheme his way out of problems, then blamed him for an inability to adjust only after he was fired.

Regarding Nelson: You've been routinely overrating him for years because you're unable to admit that you're wrong about him. You crowed about him being a nickel corner (Narrator: he wasn't), talked about him having good/solid years (he didn't).

Just admit that you see everything through rose-colored glasses and it would be a hell of a lot easier to respect you.

Regarding Gase: you claimed that the got the most out of Tannehill (false, go look at his stats) and that Cutler had the best QBR of his career under Gase (which was also false, it was never higher than his fifth best).
Staylor was full on Alex homer wasnt he? Like on the same level as Sandy if I can recall correctly.

Nothing wrong with being a homer Staylor. Just admit you thought Bartee and Warfield was one of the best CB duos youve ever watched play and all will be forgiven.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 324
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up