ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1766 of 2687
« First < 766126616661716175617621763176417651766 17671768176917701776181618662266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Jerm 07:30 PM 01-20-2020
You know it used to piss me off when the media would try to downplay Pat and how good he is, now it just makes me laugh.

I mean listening to guys like Marcelius Wiley trying to make the case as to why Jackson is just as good if not better than Mahomes is absolutely hilarious.

The amount of goal post moving is astonishing...a lot of it is salt too (see Mangini, Bayless, etc.) and it's glorious. Fuck em all.

We know we have the best in the game and it isn't even close...
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:37 PM 01-20-2020
What'll really be interesting will be how they'll spin things after Mahomes wins the SB, with yet another 300+ yard/3 TD/50 yard rushing game to his credit.

I get that they have to make this stuff up; otherwise they wouldn't have a show. But it'll be hilarious watching them do back-flips trying to create a narrative.

The Skip Baylesses, Stephen A.s, Marcellus Wileys, Nate Burlesons, Erica Man-ginas, etc. all have to be desperately hoping that somehow the Chiefs lose the SB so that they can jump on the "See, Pat was all just smoke and mirrors," or whatever story they decide to go with.

If Pat wins in convincing fashion, they're going to have to start admitting they were all wrong.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:45 PM 01-20-2020
Everyone wants to talk about bad tackling on that Mahomes run

If that were Lamar I wouldn’t have heard a word about “bad tackling”

Rich Eisen was saying it’s a legendary play and one of the best of all time and got roasted for it essentially
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:51 PM 01-20-2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 09:52 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
almost eerie.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:55 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Everyone wants to talk about bad tackling on that Mahomes run

If that were Lamar I wouldn’t have heard a word about “bad tackling”

Rich Eisen was saying it’s a legendary play and one of the best of all time and got roasted for it essentially
Shrug. I'm just glad they got the TD to end the half. That was a huge momentum shift over the last 6.5 minutes of the 2nd quarter. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:56 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What'll really be interesting will be how they'll spin things after Mahomes wins the SB, with yet another 300+ yard/3 TD/50 yard rushing game to his credit.

I get that they have to make this stuff up; otherwise they wouldn't have a show. But it'll be hilarious watching them do back-flips trying to create a narrative.

The Skip Baylesses, Stephen A.s, Marcellus Wileys, Nate Burlesons, Erica Man-ginas, etc. all have to be desperately hoping that somehow the Chiefs lose the SB so that they can jump on the "See, Pat was all just smoke and mirrors," or whatever story they decide to go with.

If Pat wins in convincing fashion, they're going to have to start admitting they were all wrong.
He was driving the Titan bandwagon. He was doing his best Joe Buck impersonation in pregame rooting for the Titans.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:00 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
He was driving the Titan bandwagon. He was doing his best Joe Buck impersonation in pregame rooting for the Titans.
Think he was a Titan, so I'm not going to kick him too hard. But some of his takes about our defense, and Pat were pretty irritating. Of course, today, this morning, he comes out and flat says, "Pat Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL."

But he still says that we're going to get smoked because our defense is ranked 26th in the league.:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:05 PM 01-20-2020
Think he was a Titan, so I'm not going to kick him too hard. But some of his takes about our defense, and Pat were pretty irritating. Of course, today, this morning, he comes out and flat says, "Pat Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL."

But he still says that we're going to get smoked because our defense is ranked 26th in the league.:-)
He always picks against the Chiefs. Not sure how he got the job but he sucks at it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:34 PM 01-20-2020
Nice little reminder of where this all began. His 1st and 10 pass in the 2 minute drill falling backwards has to be one of the best throws he's ever made. And that's saying a lot. Robinson kind of screwed him a few times in this game too.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:49 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
He always picks against the Chiefs. Not sure how he got the job but he sucks at it.
Burleson gives Mahomes and the Chiefs lots of love on GMFB all the time.

And with everyone on the CBS pregame show picking KC to win, he was taking a chance by picking the Titans. If they had won he would look great, and if KC won, well, they were supposed to.

Kyle Brandt picked the Titans too, and he also gives props to Mahomes and KC all the time.

Those picks don't bother me, because I know neither of those guys hates KC.

But, Wiley and Sanders refusing to admit that Mahomes is better than Lamar pisses me off for some reason. I can't help but feel like they would say Mahomes is better, if he had darker skin. Ever since Lamar was named starter last year, they have both gone out of their way to make excuses for his flaws.

Wiley went to a damn Ivy League school, so I know he isn't stupid, which leads me to believe there are other reasons, such as skin color, for his excuse making. And Deion Sanders has played on multiple SB winners, and game recognize game, so I know he can clearly see the difference between Mahomes and Lamar.

It's like they are both defending a black QB because they want to erase the stigma of black college QBs being considered "athletes" instead of getting the chance to be a QB in the NFL. But, because Mahomes and Russell Wilson aren't black enough to be considered black QBs, they have decided that Lamar is their champion.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:51 PM 01-20-2020

The narrative if we win will be that it was all because of Andy Reid and the weapons, and “let’s see how he does without all his weapons.”

Nothing Pat does will ever be enough to satisfy these guys. It can’t be. If they admit they were wrong then they no longer have a topic to “debate”.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:59 PM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Burleson gives Mahomes and the Chiefs lots of love on GMFB all the time.

And with everyone on the CBS pregame show picking KC to win, he was taking a chance by picking the Titans. If they had won he would look great, and if KC won, well, they were supposed to.

Kyle Brandt picked the Titans too, and he also gives props to Mahomes and KC all the time.

Those picks don't bother me, because I know neither of those guys hates KC.

But, Wiley and Sanders refusing to admit that Mahomes is better than Lamar pisses me off for some reason. I can't help but feel like they would say Mahomes is better, if he had darker skin. Ever since Lamar was named starter last year, they have both gone out of their way to make excuses for his flaws.

Wiley went to a damn Ivy League school, so I know he isn't stupid, which leads me to believe there are other reasons, such as skin color, for his excuse making. And Deion Sanders has played on multiple SB winners, and game recognize game, so I know he can clearly see the difference between Mahomes and Lamar.

It's like they are both defending a black QB because they want to erase the stigma of black college QBs being considered "athletes" instead of getting the chance to be a QB in the NFL. But, because Mahomes and Russell Wilson aren't black enough to be considered black QBs, they have decided that Lamar is their champion.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Or maybe they are just paid to put on a show. I think you could easily take the view that none of the "opinions" on those shows are actually honest opinions. A lot of it is scripted.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:09 AM 01-21-2020
To this day this is my favorite play in my life by this franchise. This was the moment that me, my brother and my Dad all looked at each and agreed... we knew we were going to the Super Bowl.

You could see it in Vrabel’s face too. He knew.

This. Was. Legendary. #InsideTheNFL TONIGHT 9PM ET on Showtime. @PatrickMahomes @Chiefs @NFLFilms pic.twitter.com/swsmnr5Fkz

— Inside the NFL (@insidetheNFL) January 21, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:16 AM 01-21-2020
a true dagger from a franchise QB

the IRON MAHOMES infinity snap
[Reply]
Page 1766 of 2687
« First < 766126616661716175617621763176417651766 17671768176917701776181618662266 > Last »
Up