ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 40
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
Monticore 11:33 AM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh shit - you're canadian.

You probably ARE a better skater than Pegrave.

And yeah, there's no way in hell I'm playing rec-league hockey. I played a fair bit of roller hockey as a kid and the barrier to entry SHOULD be high but it really isn't. If you can stay upright, you can play. But you're a danger to yourself and others.

Combine that with people who are skilled/mature enough to be genuinely heavy - naaaaah.
A girl I know registered her husband for our league , he played mostly ball hockey his whole life never ice , she assumed he would just get better over time , I told her that her husband was going to experience probably one of the most painful and difficult things to learn to do as a non Athletic 225 lbs adult . After two year he was probably improved to the point of competing with average 5-6 year old canadien kids.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:38 PM 11-01-2023
Blues are going to be an average mediocre team this year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11-04-2023, 11:47 PM
This message has been deleted by UChieffyBugger.
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Yup, definitely looking that way.

They're pretty much gonna be dead-ass middle of their bell curve of possible outcomes.

The defense has improved enough to take the bottom 5 out of the equation. The forwards haven't progressed enough to really make playoffs a realistic outcome (though I suppose stranger things have happened).

They'll be predictably mediocre. I suppose if the power play could un-fuck itself, they could be a little ornery. But that seems pretty unlikely at this point because of just HOW bad it's been. This isn't a PP that is inconsistent - it's a power play where I'd just as soon decline the penalty and just run the clock or something.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:30 PM 11-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Yup, definitely looking that way.

They're pretty much gonna be dead-ass middle of their bell curve of possible outcomes.

The defense has improved enough to take the bottom 5 out of the equation. The forwards haven't progressed enough to really make playoffs a realistic outcome (though I suppose stranger things have happened).

They'll be predictably mediocre. I suppose if the power play could un-**** itself, they could be a little ornery. But that seems pretty unlikely at this point because of just HOW bad it's been. This isn't a PP that is inconsistent - it's a power play where I'd just as soon decline the penalty and just run the clock or something.
Just as we call them out for this - they have won 3 straight and lead the NHL in goals scored since November 3.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:47 PM 11-09-2023
Weird stat, at least as of the time of this post.

11 games into the season and the Avs are undefeated in games in which they've scored at least 1 goal. But they have 3 losses. They've been shutout in every loss. Didn't score in the 1st period tonight.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:52 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Weird stat, at least as of the time of this post.

11 games into the season and the Avs are undefeated in games that they have scored a goal. But they have 3 losses. They've been shutout in every loss. Didn't score in the 1st period tonight.
Yeah, and they're scoring like 3.5-4 goals per game in their wins.

On another note, had the Lightning on for a bit earlier and damn they looked terrible tonight... several bad turnovers, just weren't into it at all.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:31 PM 11-09-2023
Man this (Avs/Kraken) is one of the more intense early-season NHL games I've ever seen. 3rd period has been like the playoffs. Crazy physical. 3-3 with 5:00 left if anyone streams and is still up. It's on ESPN+ and Streameast.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:10 AM 11-10-2023
JFC

Artturi Lehkonen went to the locker room after this hit with Oleksiak
byu/BCLetsRide69 inhockey

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 11-10-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
JFC

Artturi Lehkonen went to the locker room after this hit with Oleksiak
byu/BCLetsRide69 inhockey
I'm an awful, awful, AWFUL person for laughing at that.

But c'mon - dude's head is jammed into his shoulder pads and he looks like a cartoon turtle. How am I supposed to NOT laugh about it? Especially since I didn't get an update on my phone last night saying some Godless heathen (i.e. Avalanche player) died on the ice last night.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:37 AM 11-10-2023
I'm an awful, awful, AWFUL person for laughing at that.

But c'mon - dude's head is jammed into his shoulder pads and he looks like a cartoon turtle. How am I supposed to NOT laugh about it? Especially since I didn't get an update on my phone last night saying some Godless heathen (i.e. Avalanche player) died on the ice last night.
I hope you stub your toe!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:07 PM 11-11-2023
Blues putting on an ass whipping in Denver tonight
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:26 PM 11-11-2023
That hot start to the season by the Avalanche and Georgiev seems like years ago.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 AM 11-12-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
That hot start to the season by the Avalanche and Georgiev seems like years ago.
Their ability to not show up some games this year is gonna be a problem.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:42 PM 11-11-2023
Schenn and Buchnevich have hat tricks tonight
[Reply]
Page 4 of 40
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up