ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 80
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Fish 07:37 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Just sign up for CBS All Access for $5.99/ month. Get a VPN for around the same. On game day, turn on the VPN for an area that's broadcasting the game. Open CBS, watch the game. Easy, cheap, and reliable.
Did that work for you all last season? I know you were talking about that....
[Reply]
notorious 07:38 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Some of you guys went through a decade or more of horrible football and now you're ditching the Ticket right when you guys are ready to make a run?
It's obvious that we were the jinx.

It had nothing to do with horrible ownership and terrible front office.
[Reply]
TEX 08:30 PM 07-28-2019
Got a letter yesterday telling me that DTV was automatically going to charge me $48.99 per month, for 6 months, for NFL Sunday Ticket. Said if I didn't want it I had to call them and cancel it by Sept. 22. Kinda pissed me off SO, I called DTV and told them that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket. The guy said that he couldn't cancel it b/c I did not know my Pin #. I told him I never got one. He then asked me who my favorite singer is? He said it was a security question. I was like WTF? Told him it's Geddy Lee. He said that's not who they had listed. I was like WTF? I KNOW who I am and KNOW my SS# and Account # and anything else that would be tied to me or my account but because I didn't know my PIN# or favorite singer, he couldn't help me??? SO, then I got REALLY PISSED and told him that I wanted to CLOSE MY DTV ACCOUNT -He then transferred me to someone with a brain - who asked me for the last 4 of my social, DOB and phone number. He determined that I was indeed who I said I was. (YAY!) Then he said that they didn't want me to close my account, because I have been a loyal customer for 10 years, and offered me $45 off my total bill every month for a year, if I didn't cancel. SO, I said OK and now I want Sunday Ticket for $48.99 per month because if they're knocking off $45 per month for a year, and letting me keep all my same programming, it's like I'm getting Sunday ticket for $3.99 per month / $24 total. I wasn't planning on it turning out this way, it just did. So, maybe some of you can say that you want to close your DTV account, and see if you get the same deal.
[Reply]
In58men 08:52 AM 08-14-2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true
[Reply]
chief52 12:57 PM 08-31-2019
Signed up for DirecTV/NFL in 2000. Been paying on time all those year. Bill up to $260! Just called. “ At this time we have no discounts” :-) Bull! Playing hardball for sure. Guy was idiot and couldn’t find my account even though I had all the info. Gonna try later and see if I can get the one guy with a brain.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:01 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by chief52:
Signed up for DirecTV/NFL in 2000. Been paying on time all those year. Bill up to $260! Just called. “ At this time we have no discounts” :-) Bull! Playing hardball for sure. Guy was idiot and couldn’t find my account even though I had all the info. Gonna try later and see if I can get the one guy with a brain.
Why bother?? Too many better options available to deal with that. I dumped DTV the day I got my fiber. I haven't regretted it for a minute.
[Reply]
chief52 01:08 PM 08-31-2019
Why bother?? Too many better options available to deal with that. I dumped DTV the day I got my fiber. I haven't regretted it for a minute.
Guess I need to do research. I’m old school...but house completely WiFi. Talking real money. What do you use?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:25 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by chief52:
Guess I need to do research. I’m old school...but house completely WiFi. Talking real money. What do you use?
I use Firesticks on all of my TVs. I use an antenna for my locals. I use a tuner card and Plex on a PC for DVR and guide. Plex can be installed on all of the Firesticks to access throughout the house, or Amazon has a DVR that works well with the Firesticks. As far as cable programming, it really depends on what you want to watch. Sling can be the cheapest if you only need one package, which is $25/ month. If you want to go "other routes" Sportz or GearsTV are good IPTV options. They will give you everything. And by everything, I mean Sunday ticket, movie channels, all major market locals, etc. Gears runs $19 per month and only works on one device for that price. Sportz run $15/ month and includes 3 simultaneous streams. Install it on as many devices as you like. Any other questions?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 03:22 PM 08-31-2019
Once I discovered the Reddit NFL streams I don't need sunday ticket ever again. :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:25 PM 08-31-2019
Used my nephew's .edu email last year to get the streaming version last year, he graduated last year and they still renewed me this year.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 03:26 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Once I discovered the Reddit NFL streams I don't need sunday ticket ever again. :-)
Same. Just gonna hook up the ‘puter to the tv on game day
[Reply]
Trivers 03:43 PM 08-31-2019
I use Firesticks on all of my TVs. I use an antenna for my locals. I use a tuner card and Plex on a PC for DVR and guide. Plex can be installed on all of the Firesticks to access throughout the house, or Amazon has a DVR that works well with the Firesticks. As far as cable programming, it really depends on what you want to watch. Sling can be the cheapest if you only need one package, which is $25/ month. If you want to go "other routes" Sportz or GearsTV are good IPTV options. They will give you everything. And by everything, I mean Sunday ticket, movie channels, all major market locals, etc. Gears runs $19 per month and only works on one device for that price. Sportz run $15/ month and includes 3 simultaneous streams. Install it on as many devices as you like. Any other questions?
Excellent. I want to learn how to do this!

I have been a DTV customer since the 90s and they couldn't care less.

Once I figure out how to DVR shows from Amazon Prime or what ever and reddit chiefs's games; and where to get the history channel, I'm gone.

The ONE good thing about Sunday Ticket is that I can DVR the Chiefs game and then synce with Mitch on KCFX. Have not figured how to do that on Reddit games stream. They are off by 1 to 3 minutes.

Is there a CP thread where we can learn from you and ask questions?
[Reply]
SupDock 04:39 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Same. Just gonna hook up the ‘puter to the tv on game day
You can use the browser on a firestick to stream
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:38 PM 08-31-2019
I will have cp go fund my ST this year...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:48 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Excellent. I want to learn how to do this!

I have been a DTV customer since the 90s and they couldn't care less.

Once I figure out how to DVR shows from Amazon Prime or what ever and reddit chiefs's games; and where to get the history channel, I'm gone.

The ONE good thing about Sunday Ticket is that I can DVR the Chiefs game and then synce with Mitch on KCFX. Have not figured how to do that on Reddit games stream. They are off by 1 to 3 minutes.

Is there a CP thread where we can learn from you and ask questions?
Go to the media center. There are several threads about cord cutting. Fish is the guru on these things. Everything I know is a drop in the bucket compared to his knowledge.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 80
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up