ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 80
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:46 PM 06-06-2019
For you cord cutters: https://seasons4u.com/
$27/season for all the games in HD, a commercial free version a day later, and all-22 coaches film. The issue is the game is about 30s-1m behind.

I've been using them every year since I cut DTV out about 8 years ago.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:15 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
Have had YoutubeTV for last year, we enjoy it. I didn't really use Sunday Ticket last year anyways, so no loss there. Youtube did raise the price about $10 a couple of months ago, but it added the home improvement and food channels, so it wasn't a complete loss.
I had the $35 grandfathered rate, but it was going to go to $50. I only watch the ESPN channels and NBCSN for NHL. Never watch any of the other cable crap. I have a good setup for OTA.

At $50 I'm not sure this is any cheaper than a Comcast bundle since I have their Internet. Annoying that the streaming options are doing big bundles

So I cancelled. I guess next fall I will look into my options.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:21 PM 06-06-2019
I've been with Directv since 2008, I actually brought my equipment with me from Baltimore to Florida in 2011. I have the Premier package and got an upgraded HD DVR four years ago. I have everything except that new Epix Movie channels. We watch a lot of TV, so it's expensive but I like the availability to record up to 1000 hours of HD, I have so many favorite movies recorded I can't even watch them all.

I called Directv today and told them don't give me NFL Ticket next month, that when you usually add it on. The last two years they actually gave me the ticket for free, so I didn't really want to ask again. The gave me a couple of discounts, $12.25 off Sunday Ticket for six months, $3 off Extra Pack, $15 off for 12 months, so it's suppose to be about $26 a month for six months with this deal, which I thought was OK.

I was considering my neighbors hookup. He has an Amazon firestick and then a guy at the flea market modifies it for $30 and he now gets 6,000 channels, basically every channel from every country. I went over his house and he was watching the Red Sox and Yankees games, he had NESN from Boston and YES networks from New York, I have those but they're blacked when a game comes on because I don't pay for MLB. So I said, can you get WJZ, that's the CBS affiliate in Baltimore, because if you can get CBS you can get your team (Ravens in my case) games, if they play at night they're going to be on local channels where you live. Within 30 seconds he had WJZ on live, he showed he had a list of every CBS affiliate in the US that he could get. If you're a fan of an NFC team, then look for the local Fox channel in your old city. The only problem, you cannot record, and it's not legal so you never know when the app you're using is going to be shut down. He has to pay $15 a month for the service on some website, of course they told him it's legal.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:38 PM 06-06-2019
I ditched DirecTV last year and switched to DirecTV Now. But I realized that I wasn't using it for anything other than my locals. I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu. I put in an antenna and a tuner in my PC for DVR then got rid of DirecTV Now. I might have kept it, but they kept going up. I started at $35. They raised it to $40, then recently they raised it to $50 and added HBO while removing other programming. If I want HBO, I can add it. Don't raise my price and force it on me. I just don't think that we get enough use out of it to be worth it. I may pick up sling in September, just for NFL Network and ESPN.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:32 PM 06-17-2019
Just to let everyone know reddit banned /r/nbastreams and it appears /r/nflstreams will most likely be next.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:00 PM 06-17-2019
For years we have talked about the possibility that DISH and DIRECTV would follow in the footsteps of Sirius and XM radio with a merger. Now, accounting to Reuters, AT&T is considering selling off or merging the DIRECTV satellite service with DISH.

AT&T has already made it clear they plan to no longer support the satellite service at some far-off distant time. Recently AT&T announced that they did not plan to launch any new satellites for DIRECTV. This means when the current satellites break down, they won’t be replaced. (Something that won’t happen for many years.) AT&T says they plan to slowly move all of their customers over to a new streaming service that is launching later this year.

AT&T has also been seeing a huge decline in DIRECTV subscribers. During the first quarter of 2019, AT&T lost 544,000 traditional pay-TV subscribers from its DIRECTV satellite business and its AT&T U-verse services. But AT&T still has 22.4 million TV subscribers as of April 2019. AT&T did warn that they expect TV losses to continue in 2019.

Just like with satellite radio, two services may not survive but a combined service could. There are still many parts of the United States where broadband is not an option and cable does not reach. For rural Americans, satellite TV is their best option. Yet that is slowly changing as new, far faster satellite Internet is in the works from Amazon and SpaceX, which could help millions of rural Americans join the streaming movement.

It is important to remember that these are early considerations. AT&T and DISH could hold talks only for a deal to never come together.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-...rvice-to-dish/
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:35 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
For years we have talked about the possibility that DISH and DIRECTV would follow in the footsteps of Sirius and XM radio with a merger. Now, accounting to Reuters, AT&T is considering selling off or merging the DIRECTV satellite service with DISH.

AT&T has already made it clear they plan to no longer support the satellite service at some far-off distant time. Recently AT&T announced that they did not plan to launch any new satellites for DIRECTV. This means when the current satellites break down, they won’t be replaced. (Something that won’t happen for many years.) AT&T says they plan to slowly move all of their customers over to a new streaming service that is launching later this year.

AT&T has also been seeing a huge decline in DIRECTV subscribers. During the first quarter of 2019, AT&T lost 544,000 traditional pay-TV subscribers from its DIRECTV satellite business and its AT&T U-verse services. But AT&T still has 22.4 million TV subscribers as of April 2019. AT&T did warn that they expect TV losses to continue in 2019.

Just like with satellite radio, two services may not survive but a combined service could. There are still many parts of the United States where broadband is not an option and cable does not reach. For rural Americans, satellite TV is their best option. Yet that is slowly changing as new, far faster satellite Internet is in the works from Amazon and SpaceX, which could help millions of rural Americans join the streaming movement.

It is important to remember that these are early considerations. AT&T and DISH could hold talks only for a deal to never come together.

ugh
[Reply]
Bwana 05:25 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:

Ouch :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:45 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
For you cord cutters: https://seasons4u.com/
$27/season for all the games in HD, a commercial free version a day later, and all-22 coaches film. The issue is the game is about 30s-1m behind.

I've been using them every year since I cut DTV out about 8 years ago.
Can this be streamed to my TV? Might do this if Reddit gets shut down.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:36 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just to let everyone know reddit banned /r/nbastreams and it appears /r/nflstreams will most likely be next.
Odd timing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:14 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It won’t eliminate the streams. It will just get rid of one of the top ways to find all of the streams in one place.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:25 AM 06-18-2019
reddit is to well known to host streams like that to easy of a target.
[Reply]
FAX 09:35 AM 06-18-2019
****!!!

Why should I, an American citizen, have to pay for an additional teevee service provider whose "services" are inconsistent, unreliable, and deficient?

This is so damn ignorant (on the part of the NFL cabal). Why in the living hell don't they ink a deal with Amazon or NutFlox or Google or somebody?

Idiot freaking moron despicable cretinous buzzard arses.

FAX
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:42 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Odd timing.

[Reply]
Fish 10:26 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
reddit is to well known to host streams like that to easy of a target.
They're not hosting any streams. They simply allow for users to post links to streams hosted elsewhere. Big difference.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 80
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up