ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 80
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by FD:
Cancelled this week after about 10 years and they seemed glad to see me go.

Today I see this article and it seems like this is the way it is now, they aren't inclined to play the promotions game anymore.

The Days of Getting a Cheaper Cable Bill by Threatening to Leave May Be Over

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
Did the same with me.

I was heartbroken. I really wanted to tell them to fuck off and was looking forward to the possibility. Their response was 'okay, your service will stop on 6/23...'

Fucking DirecTV - disappointing me to the very end...
[Reply]
In58men 03:49 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by FD:
Cancelled this week after about 10 years and they seemed glad to see me go.

Today I see this article and it seems like this is the way it is now, they aren't inclined to play the promotions game anymore.

The Days of Getting a Cheaper Cable Bill by Threatening to Leave May Be Over

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
I was actually done with them and didn’t expect any calls back with offers. They offered to cut my bill down by 60% per month for 1 year, free NFLST and $300 VISA gift card. I couldn’t pass it up, looks like I did it at the right time.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:50 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did the same with me.

I was heartbroken. I really wanted to tell them to fuck off and was looking forward to the possibility. Their response was 'okay, your service will stop on 6/23...'

Fucking DirecTV - disappointing me to the very end...

I loved DTV as well but the pricing got out of hand. And this quote from their CEO just shows you how they could care less.

Originally Posted by :
AT&T Inc. CEO Randall Stephenson said his company, which owns the satellite provider DirecTV, is “cleaning up the customer base” by letting go of subscribers who insist on keeping promotional prices when their contracts expire.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I loved DTV as well but the pricing got out of hand. And this quote from their CEO just shows you how they could care less.
Yeah, at $140 some dollars/month for none of the premium channels (plus my internet bill)....man, that was just getting out of hand.

But I'm sure YoutubeTV won't stay cheap forever. Fortunately I'm not tied to any long-term contracts there so if they suck, I'm out.
[Reply]
007 07:54 PM 06-05-2019
Can't wait to see what Cox tries to bleed from us this fall for internet.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:13 AM 06-06-2019
Making my 2nd foray into cord-cutting this weekend. My ATT 2 year promo ran out this month. When I called to disconnect, I didn't even get pushed off to a retention department...I just got a short spiel about how if I was going to switch to streaming, "I should sign up for DirecTV NOW because it is by far the best streaming service for the money." I was like, "naw...I'm good."
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:41 AM 06-06-2019
I've now tried this as well. The rep I spoke to told me explicitly that they weren't discounting Sunday Ticket anymore unless you were a new account. Maybe that's the local outfit that handles things with DTV for us, but she said that's their policy.

Probably a good strategy on their part, it's worth it to me to have every game at the touch of a button with no questions about streams, and it's only 20 bucks a week or something like that.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:43 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I understand a cable company firing unprofitable customers. They aren't a charity operation.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:03 AM 06-06-2019
U-Verse cancelled the NFL Network for its service and DirecTV now because the NFL is getting ready to open up bidding. That is probably why there are not giving discounts.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 09:38 AM 06-06-2019
Have had YoutubeTV for last year, we enjoy it. I didn't really use Sunday Ticket last year anyways, so no loss there. Youtube did raise the price about $10 a couple of months ago, but it added the home improvement and food channels, so it wasn't a complete loss.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:40 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
Have had YoutubeTV for last year, we enjoy it. I didn't really use Sunday Ticket last year anyways, so no loss there. Youtube did raise the price about $10 a couple of months ago, but it added the home improvement and food channels, so it wasn't a complete loss.
That's what I'm switching to. My TV's are a few years old, so I'll be streaming through Roku Ultra's. Hoping we like it. After some pretty extensive research, YoutubeTV appears to be the best streaming option right now.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:17 AM 06-06-2019
Canceled my Directv in February because their price was getting too high. Thought everything was fine but then when my bill came, it had an early cancellation fee. They had been bugging me for months to switch to a newer box on my tv. Said I wouldn't be able to get locals without it. So, after awhile I finally called them and had them send the box. They sent 2 but I only hooked up one. This was about a month before I decided to go ahead and cancel my service. They used that as a 2 year contract agreement. I never agreed to that and would not have accepted it if I had known. After about 5 different calls to customer service and a month and a half, they finally got it off my bill.

So glad to get rid of that company. Yeah, they can get rid of all their customers that are looking for a deal. But at the same time, long time customers constantly see their ads for new customers getting sweet deals and wonder why they are important enough to get good prices, as well. Plus, there are many options and Dtv is losing customers with that idiotic business plan.

So far, Youtubetv has been good for us. I can watch all the live sports I want on there. So, nothing has changed from that aspect. When we originally signed up in late Feb. they did not have Food Network and ID. So, I found another one called Philo tv that had those and a few other things for $16. I was paying Youtubetv $40 and Philotv $16 for a total of $56, half of what I paid for Directv. Youtube has unlimited DVR and that is the main reason I went to them. So does Phil, IIRC. When Youtube went up in price to $50 in may, they also added Food Network and ID. So, I didn't need Phil any longer. I am happy with what I've got now. Plus, I can cancel at any time and there is no equipment or contract. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:24 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
That's what I'm switching to. My TV's are a few years old, so I'll be streaming through Roku Ultra's. Hoping we like it. After some pretty extensive research, YoutubeTV appears to be the best streaming option right now.
I had to get a Roku Ultra for my living room TV and then 2 of the cheaper Rokus for the other TVs.

For those that are new to this (like I was until recently) you need a device to access all of your streaming services in one place. For me, it was Youtube tv, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Philo tv, Redbox streaming, etc. There are tons more that Roku can access if you subscribe to them, such as Hulu, Vudu, Sling tv, and Pluto tv.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 11:40 AM 06-06-2019
I called this morning to find out when my contract ended because you just can't look at your account for that information. You have to call them. That's always been one of the most frustrating things to me. So I found out that my contract has ended and I wouldn't have an ETF. They did give me another $10 off a month without a commitment so I naturally accepted it.

So I plan to drop them in a few months when all my other promos come off my bill. If they aren't discounting ST then I don't want it. So I am looking at Hulu Plus, YouTube TV, and possibly FUBOTV among others. Actually looking forward to getting rid of DTV. Too damn expensive without discounts.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:45 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Canceled my Directv in February because their price was getting too high. Thought everything was fine but then when my bill came, it had an early cancellation fee. They had been bugging me for months to switch to a newer box on my tv. Said I wouldn't be able to get locals without it. So, after awhile I finally called them and had them send the box. They sent 2 but I only hooked up one. This was about a month before I decided to go ahead and cancel my service. They used that as a 2 year contract agreement. I never agreed to that and would not have accepted it if I had known. After about 5 different calls to customer service and a month and a half, they finally got it off my bill.

So glad to get rid of that company. Yeah, they can get rid of all their customers that are looking for a deal. But at the same time, long time customers constantly see their ads for new customers getting sweet deals and wonder why they are important enough to get good prices, as well. Plus, there are many options and Dtv is losing customers with that idiotic business plan.

So far, Youtubetv has been good for us. I can watch all the live sports I want on there. So, nothing has changed from that aspect. When we originally signed up in late Feb. they did not have Food Network and ID. So, I found another one called Philo tv that had those and a few other things for $16. I was paying Youtubetv $40 and Philotv $16 for a total of $56, half of what I paid for Directv. Youtube has unlimited DVR and that is the main reason I went to them. So does Phil, IIRC. When Youtube went up in price to $50 in may, they also added Food Network and ID. So, I didn't need Phil any longer. I am happy with what I've got now. Plus, I can cancel at any time and there is no equipment or contract. :-)
The only thing I don't presently love about YoutubeTV is that their interface isn't terribly user friendly; at least nothing resembling DirecTV.

Do you have a remote you use that behaves particularly well with it?
[Reply]
Page 61 of 80
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up