ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:49 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
Ditto here. Wife is mad. I may have to end Sunday ticket if things get worse. Streaming not an issue but lags behind when I am trying to chat......
I am not ready to do on demand only. My brain does not work that way.

My big complaint about DTV is ATT. Since they have taken over-Billing Sucks. I Firmware is not as good. Menus changed to the total reverse of what it has been since 1998. They have taken away the capability to watch your DVR outside of your network, yet we are paying more per month. Sucks for my kid in college.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:09 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Ditto here. Wife is mad. I may have to end Sunday ticket if things get worse. Streaming not an issue but lags behind when I am trying to chat......
I am not ready to do on demand only. My brain does not work that way.

My big complaint about DTV is ATT. Since they have taken over-Billing Sucks. I Firmware is not as good. Menus changed to the total reverse of what it has been since 1998. They have taken away the capability to watch your DVR outside of your network, yet we are paying more per month. Sucks for my kid in college.

Wife and I sat down one evening and talked the whole "Sunday Ticket" thing over and we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't worth it. I mean, I watch the Chiefs local broadcast, so it really was unnecessary (at least for me). So, we called and got rid of DirecTv all together.

Now? We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Local channels on an antenna (they come in great!) Never looked back.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:25 AM 03-23-2019
This is awesome news that the NFL is going to expand it for this season. This will kill DTV which isn't a bad thing. I was a DTV customer for 10+ years but all they cared about was new customers.

When I moved last year we went back to cable since Charter gave me a sweet deal for 3 years. I watched the Red Zone a ton and any games that I wanted to watch that weren't on tv I used reddit.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:52 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
There are some other threads on this. One of my rants is how hard/expensive it is to DVR a video stream and how the industry has trained Americans to expect to have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of doing so.

I have kept an old, Windows 7 desktop in my living room. I have a small antennae attached to the chimney on my roof. I get great OTA. I bought a cheap tuner ($30?) to connect the antennae to the PC. Windows 7 media player has a great DVR that I can record OTA channels with. I also have a Windows media player remote so the fast forward to skip commercials is much nicer than trying to use a mouse and slider bar. I pay $0/month for it. My desktop is directly connected to my surround sound/TV with HDMI. Simple, cheap, it works great.

After Windows 7, Microsoft killed this media player. I haven't investigated for a couple of years, but last I checked the options that didn't involve monthly payments didn't seem that great.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 06:37 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
We left directv for YouTube tv and are saving $80 per month and it has locals and DVR

Same here. We have roku pushing YouTube tv to all of our TVs in the house. Couldn’t be happier!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:02 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Wife and I sat down one evening and talked the whole "Sunday Ticket" thing over and we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't worth it. I mean, I watch the Chiefs local broadcast, so it really was unnecessary (at least for me). So, we called and got rid of DirecTv all together.

Now? We have Amazon Prime and Netflix. Local channels on an antenna (they come in great!) Never looked back.
Chiefs are rarely on here. Vikes are of course. If I can find a way to save +350 I will. most likely keep DTV.
[Reply]
In58men 12:03 PM 05-03-2019
The wife canceled DirecTV yesterday and today I got a phone call from them to see if I’m willing to come back. So here’s what I received. I got the monthly bill lowered from $110 to $53 same package, $300 VISA gift card and the NFLST for free. Called the wife to tell her and she was ecstatic.

I couldn’t pass that up lol.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
The wife canceled DirecTV yesterday and today I got a phone call from them to see if I’m willing to come back. So here’s what I received. I got the monthly billed lowered from $110 to $53 same package, $300 VISA gift card and the NFLST for free. Called the wife to tell her and she was ecstatic.

I couldn’t pass that up lol.
I was with them 7 years.

Cancelled and never received a call. So weird who they decide to call or not.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 08:25 PM 05-03-2019
I got rid of mine last year after they refused to negotiate. Got cable for the national games. Watched online for the rest. Well worth it.
[Reply]
In58men 08:44 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I was with them 7 years.

Cancelled and never received a call. So weird who they decide to call or not.
I was pretty stoked about it myself. I don’t understand their way of business that’s for sure.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:24 AM 05-04-2019
I've been with Directv for 11 years, we are retired and watch a lot of TV. My wife loves ID channel, all those true crime shows. I record a bunch so we can watch without commercials.

I have everything, the Premier Package and pay about $220 month, the last two years they gave NFL Ticket for free. I figured it one of the things I enjoy most, so I don't let the costs get in the way. I like movies and with about 50 movie channels in HD and I can record up to 1000 hours in HD, I always have movies to watch.

I'm also a football, hockey and golf fan, so it's nice not having to worry about getting a game. I never watch the local channels except for sports, I only watch one show, that's the Rookie and it's ended it's first season. I like the actor Nathan Fillion, when he was Castle and now he has this new show. Otherwise, I only watch the cable channels.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:38 AM 05-04-2019
Living in California I used to get it for the Sunday ticket alone. Now that Chiefs are on 5 nationally broadcast games, plus the Chiefs raiders games are locally shown, I only stream about 8 or 9 games, and I plug my tv into my laptop. With a pop up blocker it’s not really any difference.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:35 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Living in California I used to get it for the Sunday ticket alone. Now that Chiefs are on 5 nationally broadcast games, plus the Chiefs raiders games are locally shown, I only stream about 8 or 9 games, and I plug my tv into my laptop. With a pop up blocker it’s not really any difference.
When you look at it like that---the cost per game that you actually watch is crazy high.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:22 PM 05-04-2019
I'm not even going to worry about it this year. If it's on TV I'll watch it that way, if not, I'll watch it online.
[Reply]
FD 03:20 PM 06-05-2019
Cancelled this week after about 10 years and they seemed glad to see me go.

Today I see this article and it seems like this is the way it is now, they aren't inclined to play the promotions game anymore.

The Days of Getting a Cheaper Cable Bill by Threatening to Leave May Be Over

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
[Reply]
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up