ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 80
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:27 PM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Nice.

They aren’t even sending me a box. I’m just supposed to put my equipment in a bag and take it down to the local UPS store. They’ll box it up for me there and ship it back to the DTV.

Been with DTV for 13 years and they didn’t offer me dick to stay.
How will you watch Chiefs games?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:15 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
So I finally got around to trying the college student sign up.

It was an existing account that was used last year. But all they required was the student name, the school name (University of CA), date of birth, and the previously used gmail email account/password in order to check eligibility. Another intern who graduated this spring tried, and was denied, so they actually appear to be checking something against University records.
I've been telling you guys this. You can use any credit card you want - doesn't have to match the student name.

Downside is no Red Zone :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:18 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
WTF? I didn't even get a call.

Congrats!
I never got a call from them. I called in after my service was cut to obtain a shipping box. Then they started offering me shit.
[Reply]
3rd&Long 01:25 PM 09-05-2018
Some of you get the softies and I'm glad for you. I get the pricks. My guy told me to go F myself before he'd give up a discount on ST. I asked him what his problem was and he said the front office of AT&T had laid down the law: No exceptions, no slack. I'll listen on Sirius but am not thinking that's a big sacrifice given what I saw in the pre-season.
i.e., this doesn't seem to be the year or team to cough up the full $300 price to see their adventures.
[Reply]
3rd&Long 01:28 PM 09-05-2018
BTW, I'm only a 20 year customer of Directv but it seems not to matter to the people I get on the call-ins. I suspect the pressure is on because of the high rights fee being paid for ST but also get the sense that exclusivity won't be in place much longer.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:32 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I never got a call from them. I called in after my service was cut to obtain a shipping box. Then they started offering me shit.

I guess I need to go all the way then. Before just having a cancellation date was enough.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:38 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I guess I need to go all the way then. Before just having a cancellation date was enough.
It was for me last year, too. Not this year.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:25 PM 09-05-2018
I'm Le'Veon Belling myself. Free view this week and week 3 I'm in KC. I can do week 2 at a sports bar. I'll call before games week 4. See what they offer. Oh I'm gonna cave no matter what but maybe my "holdout" will help.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:25 PM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I've been telling you guys this. You can use any credit card you want - doesn't have to match the student name.

Downside is no Red Zone :-)
I find that strange. When I went to the page to enter billing info, I could change the address and I could enter my credit card number. I couldn't actually change the name, it was grayed out. I'm thinking there is no way this goes through with a credit card that doesn't match the name, but it did.

When I went to check eligibility, the web page didn't list the Red Zone channel as one of the benefits. You could add NFL Game Pass for $50 which I did. I was a bit bummed about the no Red Zone.

However, when I got the final, review your purchase before hitting confirm, it did list the Red Zone. And I definitely had Red Zone last year. If it was tied to the $50 add on, it didn't do a good job of showing that.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:56 PM 09-05-2018
Please report back on Sunday if Red Zone works.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:19 PM 09-07-2018
Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.
[Reply]
Bweb 02:27 PM 09-07-2018
Direct TV has Sunday Ticket Max free preview this Sunday, Sept 8th. :-):-)
[Reply]
3rd&Long 02:53 PM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Just got off the phone with DirecTV, same routine as last year. Noticed the charges had started for Sunday Ticket last month. I've had it for 10 years. Called and played dumb. Asked if Red Zone was included in my Sunday Ticket package. Knew it wasn't, because I had the regular package instead of the max package. When the rep told me it wasn't, I told him I had already paid $100 this year for NFL Game Pass (a lie) and that I didn't need them both. Told him if Red Zone was an additional charge, just to cancel the entire Sunday Ticket package and credit my bill for the 2 months that I had already paid for. Went through the usual song and dance, but remained nice and didn't budge.

He transferred me to his supervisor in the US and she told me that since I had been with them so long, she would offer me a "loyalty discount" of $40 off my monthly bill for the next 12 months. She also said that she would add HBO for free for 6 months. I asked if I had to cancel HBO at the end of 6 months or start getting charged for it and she said no, it would just drop off at the end of 6 months if I didn't add it. I told her good job, and to change my package to Sunday Ticket Max for this season.

So I'm paying $65/mo for Sunday Ticket Max, instead of $48 for regular Sunday Ticket. Once everything is said and done, I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max for $25/mo for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, and $40/month savings off my bill for the 6 months after the season ends. Works every time, although last year I got ST Max for the price of ST Regular and got $60/mo off my bill for a year.
You ARE a silver tongued devil my friend. Congrats.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:11 PM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Please report back on Sunday if Red Zone works.
Will do.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:55 AM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

You must have ATT for you cell phone... I don't have that option and moved to DISH after 24 years, one of the first ones... The good news is after 6 months I don't miss Directv. My Bill is the same for 24 months and it is 56.80 cheaper for the same service. It's cheaper for me to go to a bar and eat and watch a non televised chiefs game...
[Reply]
Page 56 of 80
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up