ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 80
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Pablo 11:49 AM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Just called to cancel and I got the same thing. Didn't even try. Oh well....fuck you DirecTV.
Pretty sure they're bracing for the streaming wave of the future and know their cash cow is fucking done with. When my wife returned the DTV equipment to FedEx the lady working said they'd been seeing way more satellite stuff coming through lately than usual.

I got pretty much no push-back when I told them I was done as well. Just "Hey, try our streaming service".

I guess folks in the sticks don't have the choice and they know they'll always have the rural subscriber, but anyone with decent internet can get a streaming option for a fraction of the price.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:00 PM 08-07-2018
I don't know anything about streaming. Towards the end of last season, I started using the reddit streams and had no problems. That said, with what seems like a) more people dropping DTV and going the stream route, and b) potentially more national interest in the Chiefs, will that have an impact on the ease of being able to find a quality stream?

It looks like KC will have 5-6 national tv games, so the DTV streaming service seems like more $$$ than I want to spend just to watch KC games, but I keep seeing people throwing out reddit like its going to be a given, which sounds too good to be true week in and week out.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:36 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I got pretty much no push-back when I told them I was done as well. Just "Hey, try our streaming service".
Outside of the college option, what streaming service are they talking about?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:38 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Outside of the college option, what streaming service are they talking about?
I think this:

https://nflst.directv.com/?CMP=LEC-P1-FM-EM-G-10072001
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:03 PM 08-07-2018
So...while I'm waiting for a response from my nephew regarding my use of his email address to get ST Student...

I'm a tech idiot, so forgive me if this is stupid - is there a way to trick your Xbox/Computer/Whatever into thinking it's located in KC and watch the games on the CBS All Access App?
[Reply]
Otter 04:43 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
...as I got a hot sounding Southern Belle who I charmed pretty easily...
For the love of God kotter, please don't try to make yourself sound sexy. :-)

I'll be doing the ear buds and slinging the fly rod while listening until the weather turns wintery except for a couple games like the Donx and the Steelers.

After watching the refs penalize the Chiefs until Steelers got their entitled touchdown to win and head hunt helmet to helmet with impunity via Roger Goodell the NFL won't see a dime from me directly probably ever again.

I'll follow Pat at the local pub, reddit, or ear buds via Q Country with Mitch & Lenny.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:30 PM 08-07-2018
Off topic but does anyone know how to stream Hard Knocks?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:12 PM 08-07-2018
$45 a month will get you free Sunday ticket. Or I can drive to a local restaurant and watch for $1.50 a beer. Pretty much a wash, and I’m not sure where they could put the dish because of tree cover.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:16 PM 08-07-2018
Is there any way to get Red Zone other than through directv (satellite or streaming)?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:06 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Is there any way to get Red Zone other than through directv (satellite or streaming)?

Dish network offers it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:14 AM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Just about every cable and satellite provider carries it at this point...
[Reply]
DaFace 03:02 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
So...while I'm waiting for a response from my nephew regarding my use of his email address to get ST Student...

I'm a tech idiot, so forgive me if this is stupid - is there a way to trick your Xbox/Computer/Whatever into thinking it's located in KC and watch the games on the CBS All Access App?
I haven't ever used it, but BRC says you can do it (albeit with a particularly unhelpful "google it" suggestion).

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Those are the offshore links, they come and go. The quality usually sucks.

You want to legally watch the local CBS Chiefs broadcast?
  • Pay CBS All-Access $6 a month through the season. Cancel when the season is over.Pull up any browser.
  • You change where you are physically located in your browser. Lots of ways to do it, just google it.
  • Now your located in KC and get local CBS KC programming, including Chiefs games.
  • Attach an HDMI cable to your TV and watch on the TV's big screen

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:09 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I haven't ever used it, but BRC says you can do it (albeit with a particularly unhelpful "google it" suggestion).
I followed his "google it" suggestion and all I found was how to make it so that Chrome either asks you to show your location every time you visit a site or that Chrome will never ask you. I didn't see anywhere to set it to a specific location. My assumption was that it would require a VPN service.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:22 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I followed his "google it" suggestion and all I found was how to make it so that Chrome either asks you to show your location every time you visit a site or that Chrome will never ask you. I didn't see anywhere to set it to a specific location. My assumption was that it would require a VPN service.
Here's what I found. Worth trying if you have CBS All Access.

https://www.labnol.org/internet/geo-location/27878/

For KC, Lat of 39.10, and Long of -94.58 should do it from what I can tell. I bet you could also find an extension to do it if you dug around a bit.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:06 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
When my sister-in-law and brother-in-law had Directv I pretended to be him and got it free for them as well.
You should do that full-time as a business. Advertise nationwide and charge people $25. You could work from home. Or anywhere with cell phone service for that matter. I'll be your manager and take care of all the red tape and bureaucratic odds-and-ends for only $5/call, and that way you can just focus on working your magic.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 80
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up