ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>With Hill's likely return, let's return to the subject.
Direckshun 10:25 AM 10-01-2019
Here's what I said before, assuming the Chiefs still have the #1 offense without Hill.

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Do you entertain the notion that we could trade him?

If our offense is the best in the league, and it may not be considering what’s going on in New England, but isn’t this a conversation worth having?

Imagine what he could net you in a trade.

A 1st plus additional picks.

Patrick Peterson.

etc etc

I know Hill is popular, but if we’re already unstoppable, maybe he could make us better by netting us resources we need in other spots.
Well, egg is on my face.

Turns out the Chiefs don't have the #1 offense without Hill. They have the #2 offense. (Ravens have the #1 offense by an average of 8 yards/game.)

We're also tied with the Ravens for 1st in points/game with 33.8.

Do you entertain the notion of trading any WRs right now (or by trade deadline) for defensive help?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:47 AM 10-01-2019
Also, did I miss something? I thought the consensus was that Hill will be out at least one more week and possibly more depending on how his tests go this week.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:48 AM 10-01-2019
Sunday's game is exactly why you don't even entertain trading Tyreek...

In a game where your offense is sputtering and can't find a rhythm, one play and he takes the top off.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:48 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Also, did I miss something? I thought the consensus was that Hill will be out at least one more week and possibly more depending on how his tests go this week.
We will see. If he's not in danger of reinjuring the collarbone (or dying), I'll bet he plays.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:50 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Sunday's game is exactly why you don't even entertain trading Tyreek...

In a game where your offense is sputtering and can't find a rhythm, one play and he takes the top off.
I listened to Chris Simms talk about that game, he said for a team that played a ton of man like Detroit did. Where are the Chiefs just letting a WR win 1 on 1? You didn't see any of that, run the fly, do a curl, now do a fake curl and go.

Basically saying with a guy like Mahomes where is that element of it's 1 on 1 in man just take the shot.

It is a solid point.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:52 AM 10-01-2019
Besides Mahomes, any player on the team is trade-able for the right return.

There are players that I would not shop though: Kelce, Hill, Schwartz, and probably a few others.

If some team came to the Chiefs and offered multiple early first round picks, I’d probably let Hill go for that. That won’t happen though, so Hill would stay a Chiefs if I’m the GM.

To trade him mid season, I would need a decent receiver in return as well as multiple early first round picks.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:52 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I listened to Chris Simms talk about that game, he said for a team that played a ton of man like Detroit did. Where are the Chiefs just letting a WR win 1 on 1? You didn't see any of that, run the fly, do a curl, now do a fake curl and go.

Basically saying with a guy like Mahomes where is that element of it's 1 on 1 in man just take the shot.

It is a solid point.
Yeah I was waiting for like a go route or slant to Hardman...something like that.

Surprised they didn't take a shot, that defense was begging to be exploited over the top.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Here's what I said before, assuming the Chiefs still have the #1 offense without Hill.

Well, egg is on my face.

Turns out the Chiefs don't have the #1 offense without Hill. They have the #2 offense. (Ravens have the #1 offense by an average of 8 yards/game.)

We're also tied with the Ravens for 1st in points/game with 33.8.

Do you entertain the notion of trading any WRs right now (or by trade deadline) for defensive help?
You watch the WRs running around like they had never read a playbook before on Sunday?

Lord god, no. Hardman is nowhere close to ready for the run he's getting right now. Couldn't you see him stutter-stepping a route that turns into a back-breaking pick-6 if they continue to use him in this role?

He's overmatched right now. Biggly. He needs a lot more time to cook.
[Reply]
prhom 10:55 AM 10-01-2019
Watkins, Hill, Kelce. We need at least two of those three guys to be playing and healthy when we get to the playoffs. I’m not willing to gamble on that by trading any of them.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:55 AM 10-01-2019
I love how Direckshun starts these threads asking really stupid questions and then just ghosts the thread. "Hey, here's a really stupid thought I had. Discuss it amongst yourselves why I stick my finder up my ass and smell it."
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 10:57 AM 10-01-2019
Redzone efficiency is down. I'm missing Fish too
[Reply]
TLO 10:57 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You watch the WRs running around like they had never read a playbook before on Sunday?

Lord god, no. Hardman is nowhere close to ready for the run he's getting right now. Couldn't you see him stutter-stepping a route that turns into a back-breaking pick-6 if they continue to use him in this role?

He's overmatched right now. Biggly. He needs a lot more time to cook.
Other side of the ball, but I feel that way about Thornhill too. I'm glad he's playing over Sorenson, but I hope he shows improvement as the season goes along.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
We will see. If he's not in danger of reinjuring the collarbone (or dying), I'll bet he plays.
Aye, there's the rub.

By most accounts he IS in danger of reinjuring the collar bone. the tendons, etc... in the joint need to firm back up and get everything good and solid before he absorbs contact.

They're 4-0 and ultimately they'll either beat NE to get the one seed or they'll lose and get the 2 seed. Nothing else is even remotely likely and that one game will almost certainly decide the seeding.

So why bother rushing the guy back?
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 10:58 AM 10-01-2019
Fuck That!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 10-01-2019
This discussion should have stayed in the sub-forum. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Aye, there's the rub.

By most accounts he IS in danger of reinjuring the collar bone. the tendons, etc... in the joint need to firm back up and get everything good and solid before he absorbs contact.

They're 4-0 and ultimately they'll either beat NE to get the one seed or they'll lose and get the 2 seed. Nothing else is even remotely likely and that one game will almost certainly decide the seeding.

So why bother rushing the guy back?
He won't be back before week 6. Bank on it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up