ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 101
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Sorry I missed your big fucking announcement Mr. NFL. You’re a fucking loser shut the fuck up.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 01-14-2021
There's literally dozens of posts in this thread, from dozens of people, saying that this isn't a gimme and the Browns could win.

You're either too lazy or too dumb to read.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:44 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Does anyone think the Brown's will end the dream?
Some do, obviously.

But it's not very rational. CLE has a team that's on the verge of being good, but they aren't there yet. They're on the cusp.

But the reality is that aside from Chubb, Hunt, and Landry, their offensive weapons are NFL average at best. higgins is a possession receiver that often runs bad routes. Hooper is a decent pass-catching TE, that's not fast or athletic. He's basically the epitome of NFL-average TE. Njoku is inconsistent.

And that's their whole offense. They don't have the speed to take the top off our defense, and they don't have the TEs to stretch our LBs. What they do have is one of the best running attacks in the league. Which is great until they're down by 17 points, and they have to abandon the run.

Which is going to happen, because their defense is not going to slow down Patrick at all. They don't have any good DBs except Denzel Ward, and he's coming back from a bout with COVID, so we know he won't be 100%. Not even close. And their LBs have no chance against Kelce. If Watkins plays, they don't have a CB2 that can handle Sammy. They don't have anyone that can hope to keep up with Hardman, and I doubt they have anyone other than Ward that can blank DRob. And we havne't tlkaed about our pass-catching RBs yet.

How about their pass rush? With Vernon gone, all they have is Garrett, who still isn't 100% recovered from being sick. And that's literally it. The rest of their DL is basically a standard NFL run-stopping DL.

This defense, when they played the better offenses on their schedule gave up an average of 35 pts/game. Those teams were: PIT, DAL (when they had Dak), BAL, LVR, and TEN. The only team they held under 35 pts was LVR (16). The Browns' defense is basically the same as HOU's from last season, except they have Ward.

And none of those teams that CLE gave up 35+ to, have a passing attack remotely as efficient/explosive as KC's.

I expect KC to score on 5 out of their first 6 drives. Maybe one of them will be a FG.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Some do, obviously.

But it's not very rational. CLE has a team that's on the verge of being good, but they aren't there yet. They're on the cusp.

But the reality is that aside from Chubb, Hunt, and Landry, their offensive weapons are NFL average at best. higgins is a possession receiver that often runs bad routes. Hooper is a decent pass-catching TE, that's not fast or athletic. He's basically the epitome of NFL-average TE. Njoku is inconsistent.

And that's their whole offense. They don't have the speed to take the top off our defense, and they don't have the TEs to stretch our LBs. What they do have is one of the best running attacks in the league. Which is great until they're down by 17 points, and they have to abandon the run.

Which is going to happen, because their defense is not going to slow down Patrick at all. They don't have any good DBs except Denzel Ward, and he's coming back from a bout with COVID, so we know he won't be 100%. Not even close. And their LBs have no chance against Kelce. If Watkins plays, they don't have a CB2 that can handle Sammy.

How about their pass rush? With Vernon gone, all they have is Garrett, who still isn't 100% recovered from being sick. And that's literally it. The rest of their DL is basically a standard NFL run-stopping DL.

This defense, when they played the better offenses on their schedule gave up an average of 35 pts/game. Those teams were: PIT, DAL (when they had Dak), BAL, LVR, and TEN. The only team they held under 35 pts was LVR (16). The Browns' defense is basically the same as HOU's from last season, except they have Ward.

And none of those teams that CLE gave up 35+ to, have a passing attack remotely as efficient/explosive as KC's.

I expect KC to score on 5 out of their first 6 drives. Maybe one of them will be a FG.
According to the injury report, Garrett has a shoulder injury.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:53 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
According to the injury report, Garrett has a shoulder injury.
I think he'll play. He's a tough-minded bastard. And this will be the biggest game of his life. He'll play.

But he looked slow and gassed for about half that game Sunday. He came out a lot, and was huffing/puffing and sweating his butt off when he did. he's not right yet. And he has hurt shoulder? He's not going to be his Pro-Bowl self at all. Remmers might be able to block him solo right now (please don't do this, Andy, chip him at least).

And I think Ward will also still be feeling the effects of the bug on Sunday. So there's no way Woods has Ward covering Hill 1v1. There's going to be safety help over the top, but their safeties aren't that good. They're going to make mistakes and some sloppy plays. There are going to be plays where one or more of our guys are going to be WIIIIDDE open.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 PM 01-14-2021
I think he'll play. He's a tough-minded bastard. And this will be the biggest game of his life. He'll play.

But he looked slow and gassed for about half that game Sunday. He came out a lot, and was huffing/puffing and sweating his butt off when he did. he's not right yet. And he has hurt shoulder? He's not going to be his Pro-Bowl self at all. Remmers might be able to block him solo right now (please don't do this, Andy, chip him at least).

And I think Ward will also still be feeling the effects of the bug on Sunday. So there's no way Woods has Ward covering Hill 1v1. There's going to be safety help over the top, but their safeties aren't that good. They're going to make mistakes and some sloppy plays. There are going to be plays where one or more of our guys are going to be WIIIIDDE open.
Yeah, I'm sure he'll play but like you said, recovering from the sickness AND hurt his shoulder - he won't be "normal".
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:04 PM 01-14-2021
JMHO:

The only chance CLE has is if KC's defense comes out and completely shits the bed. That they can't slow down CLE at all. And that our offense muffs at least one drive. That's the one case where I can see CLE having a chance to steal a W. Our defense plays their worst game since Spags became DC, and gives up points on every drive.

But if our defense just plays to their average, and only allows 4-5 scoring drives, CLE's toast.
[Reply]
Hiko 11:42 PM 01-14-2021

I will vouch that Covid has definitely taken some of the pop out of Garrett’s game - he gets winded easily now. Before Covid he was legit in the DPOY discussion. Sucks.
[Reply]
alanm 12:11 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Time to bring out the best Browns vs Chiefs moment, of all-time. pic.twitter.com/dc7PoyB2vq
— Chase Snyder (@ChasingSnyder) January 14, 2021
Ah yes.. Remember it well. Morten Anderson for the win. :-):-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:43 AM 01-15-2021
Browns will win easily. Mahomes is great but he’s barely great.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:09 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Eat glass bitch!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Mav 05:16 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Lol the Ravens team that stomped on the titans logo after a pick? How's that same better?
do you the context as to why they did that?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:28 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
You better worry about your soft as marshmallow Packers getting their shit pushed in by the Rams D. Cuz I’ve got a feeling they’re gonna knock the Fudge Packers out.
[Reply]
Mav 05:34 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m trying to figure out how the Browns are a bad matchup for us.

It’s obviously not their defense.

Definitely not.

It’s definitely not their QB.

Might be because of how little respect for whatever reason people keep giving Baker. He has been really really good but there is this misconception that hes nothing more than Alex Smith, which if you know how much I loved Alex, Baker is 15 times the qb Alex ever was.
It’s not their weapons.

no? other than the Chiefs, is there a team in the league that utilizes what weapons we do have, better?

The running game? That’s why they’re such a bad matchup? GMAFB
you are kidding yourself if you think that stopping Chubb and Hunt aren't priority 1.

With that being said, I have said all along that Chiefs 42 Browns 31, and that is me just being hopeful. The ideas for hope for Browns fans is that we do have the best backfield, and best oline in football. The negatives are that we have the worst defense in the playoffs by far, the worst secondary to probably ever start a playoff game, and we are facing who will most likely go down as the best qb to ever throw a football. You also have the best tight end in the league, the fastest wide receiver, and a HOF head coach who doesn't blink. That's another reason the Chiefs will more than likely win. Unlike the arrogant Pittsburgh bitches, Andy wont take the Browns lightly.
[Reply]
Mav 05:41 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
FiveThirtyEight’s ranking of supporting casts for the playoff QBs is interesting.

1. Saints
2. Rams
3. KC
4. Bills
5. Packers
6. Ravens
7. Tampa
9. Browns
The Honest list is:

Chiefs
Buccs
Packers
Saints
Bills
Ravens
Browns
Rams

How the hell did anyone come up with the Rams as having the second best weapons?
[Reply]
Page 81 of 101
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up