ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 68
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:37 PM 06-22-2013
I'd like to know what's so harsh about Kryptons atmosphere that caused Supes to completely lose his powers while still in the presence of a yellow sun.
[Reply]
-King- 02:39 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
He flies in this movie. They took that directly from the comic book. He has black hair. He's from Krypton. He grew up in Smallville. It isn't a mirror of the comics, but it is obviously based on them. In MoS, he also claims to care about people but he consistently puts them at risk by throwing bad guys through buildings. I guess that makes more sense to you than adopting one more element of his character from the comics.
Seriously? This is your argument?

"Since he does this in the comics, why didn't he do it in the movie!!"

So in your mind everything Superman has done in the comics, he should have done in this movie?

Oh hey look, Superman fighting in Metropolis...
[Reply]
007 02:48 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:

So in your mind everything Superman has done in the comics, he should have done in this movie?

He fights in Metropolis in Superman II as well. Yeah, he eventually left but they destroyed crap in that movie too.
[Reply]
Brock 04:46 PM 06-22-2013
Superman is the world's most boring superhero anyway. Flies, heat vision, virtually no vulnerabilities, off the scale strength, etc. Seriously, fuck Superman.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:50 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Part of the reason I added the spoiler tags
[Reply]
007 04:50 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by Brock:
Superman is the world's most boring superhero anyway. Flies, heat vision, virtually no vulnerabilities, off the scale strength, etc. Seriously, **** Superman.
What about Supergirl? :-)
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:22 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:

Note Superman's horror at the destruction. Note the utter lack of it in MoS.

And if you had read my post you would see my argument was that he was completely thoughtless in MoS and it would have made much more sense to borrow this aspect of Supes from the comic than the choice they made which was wonton, careless destruction. You continue with the straw man, though, if you don't have a proper defense.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:25 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by Brock:
Superman is the world's most boring superhero anyway. Flies, heat vision, virtually no vulnerabilities, off the scale strength, etc. Seriously, **** Superman.
I understand that take, but when written well, I think near invulnerability can be very compelling. Exploring the parts of his life that tie him to humanity when, if he cared to, he could rule the planet. Also, Superman's clear, moral idea of right and wrong sometimes don't work in a more nuanced world, which I also find interesting. I totally get why people don't care for him, though.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:35 PM 06-22-2013
I see this inane bit about 'collateral damage' is still going on.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:40 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I see this inane bit about 'collateral damage' is still going on.
Feel free to change the subject.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:51 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'd like to know what's so harsh about Kryptons atmosphere that caused Supes to completely lose his powers while still in the presence of a yellow sun.
Did I miss something?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:32 PM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Did I miss something?
I believe the air pressure was one of the factors. I could have missed something as well, but it was a pretty thin explanation.
[Reply]
JD10367 07:53 PM 06-22-2013
That early-script treatment would've sucked balls tremendously.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 01:59 AM 06-23-2013
We saw it again tonight. Love it. I can't wait to see what they do in part two.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 09:49 PM 06-23-2013
I see I'm in the minority of thinking this movie was badass. I'm a Superman homer though as he is my favorite super hero. I'm curious as to how well the relationship between Snyder and Nolan really is because Nolan didn't wanna kill Zod. I wonder if there will be problems down the line. It's good to disagree though and get another point of view. Again, I can't wait for the sequel to see where they go from here.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 68
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 > Last »
Up