ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>1917
alanm 05:49 PM 01-08-2020
Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by FanXiche:
True historical events are even more unacceptable,how did people deal with life and fate in that era?
Not exactly sure what you’re trying to get to here, but other than like.... just now, life has sucked pretty hard for humans.

I think 1917 did a nice job of showing that proportionately.

I posted about it earlier, but if anyone hasn’t done it, Dan Carlin’s hardcore history podcast on WWI is a must listen. I mean a must.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:59 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, that line of thinking surprised me.

Spoiler!

And yeah, milk.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:09 AM 01-16-2020
On the barn thing

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:11 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

That Hardcore History podcast is for real man.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:18 PM 01-16-2020
I really wanna see this...prob will tonite. Been putting it off for other shit, but I got a few hrs to spare this evening.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:38 PM 01-16-2020
Tank movies, about five years ago I saw Fury with Brad Pitt in the theater, it's really good. I thought even better was the 1988 movie The Beast of War about a Russian tank fighting in Afghanistan. It was filmed in Israel, I think they backed the film. It has a good cast, George Dzundza, Jason Patric, Steven Bauer and Stephen Baldwin. Seems like most of the film is inside the tank or very near the tank, which they call The Beast. It doesn't have any CGI, the only effect would be when they run over an enemy soldier and they do it fairly graphically. It's a gritty film of war in the desert. I rented 20 years ago and then recently saw it again on MGM or Sony channel on Directv. If you can watch this entire clip and not want to see more, then there is something wrong with you.

[Reply]
Mennonite 07:04 PM 01-16-2020
I liked it. I think the scene following the blackout was my favorite.

I'm not sure that the continuous shot thing was the best idea. I think some scenes would have worked better with a different technique.

P.S. The damn theater cancelled the showing of Unforgiven without mentioning it on their website.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:22 PM 01-23-2020
I just got back from seeing 1971. I totally forgot about the continuous scene shooting until he was going down the river, then I was thinking, how are they going to show him getting out. They did it pretty well and from that point on I make note and I really liked having just that pov angle. When you finally saw him talking to Benefict Cumberbatch and was standing at attention. I realized I hadn't really seen him in a while and how different he looked.

Overall, I gave it 10 stars, I really liked the film. Honestly, I don't know how anyone wouldn't enjoy the film, especially any guy, especially any former military guy. Maybe enjoy is the wrong word, it should be appreciate. Like when the Titantic was sinking, you didn't enjoy it, but you really appreciated all the work it took to make and put together those scenes.

[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:06 PM 01-25-2020
Finally saw it today. Outstanding. The constant long shots were overdone a bit (I found myself at times looking for the cheats) but technically and visually it was well done, and it had more emotional punch than I was expecting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:01 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Finally saw it today. Outstanding. The constant long shots were overdone a bit (I found myself at times looking for the cheats) but technically and visually it was well done, and it had more emotional punch than I was expecting.
Yeah I watched it before the hype. If you take out the expectations and hype it is really goddamned engaging. When they went into the barracks I actually had anxiety.

It was really effective at what it tried to do. It got hyped (because it was well done) and it got out of hand. But in a vacuum it worked really well at what it tried to do.
[Reply]
neech 07:42 PM 01-25-2020
This is an outstanding movie, it’s been quite awhile that I’ve appreciated a movie for how it was directed as well as the story and the two central characters that were fantastic and had me hooked from the beginning.

This is a must see in the theater.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 11:42 AM 01-28-2020
1917 is the most edge-of-my-seat film I've seen since The Hurt Locker. The suspense was at times agonizing (in a good way).

Not sure I'd want to see it again but it's one of the best movies I've seen in the past few years.
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:30 PM 01-30-2020
More of a mood piece than I anticipated. Surreal. Loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:50 PM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin:
1917 is the most edge-of-my-seat film I've seen since The Hurt Locker. The suspense was at times agonizing (in a good way).

Not sure I'd want to see it again but it's one of the best movies I've seen in the past few years.
Not me - I can't wait to see it again. Vast parts of the movie are absolutely mesmerizing. Particularly the flare scene.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:15 PM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not me - I can't wait to see it again. Vast parts of the movie are absolutely mesmerizing. Particularly the flare scene.
This might be a weird way to describe the movie, but many scenes felt video game esque, one in particular:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up