ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:47 PM 01-06-2020
Yeah, just not believable at all, sorry.

And you had to dig deep and found 0 Sith.

Fail.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:02 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah, just not believable at all, sorry.

And you had to dig deep and found 0 Sith.

Fail.
ummm

"Veradun discovered the Twi'lek slave girl Eleena Daru and took her as his own. Although she was technically his slave, the two fell in love with one another and fought side by side in many battles during the Great Galactic War against the Galactic Republic. Veradun later eschewed his birth name and adopted the Sith moniker of Darth Malgus."

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
ummm

"Veradun discovered the Twi'lek slave girl Eleena Daru and took her as his own. Although she was technically his slave, the two fell in love with one another and fought side by side in many battles during the Great Galactic War against the Galactic Republic. Veradun later eschewed his birth name and adopted the Sith moniker of Darth Malgus."

FYI, all of the old EU is no longer canon and is now categorized as Legends.

That doesn't mean that future stories won't pull from the EU but unless they do, it's all null.
[Reply]
Jamie 04:21 PM 01-06-2020
It's honestly kind of bizarre to assume Sith don't have sex by default. I think it's safe to assume adult characters do normal things unless something is presented to the contrary. Like, they never showed Palpatine take a shit, but it's probably safe to assume he did.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:27 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
It's honestly kind of bizarre to assume Sith don't have sex by default.
It's kind of bizarre to assume they do.

They have better things to do.

This is the entire character of the most well known Sith ever, Vader.

Padme made him WEAK.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 04:45 PM 01-06-2020
Finally saw it yesterday. Heard mixed things from a bunch of people, one of my closest friends absolutely hates it.

Gotta say, I was pretty disappointed. Not even just about plot-related stuff, the first 15 minutes were horribly paced. The editor kept cutting between 4 different situations with different people. It was just jumbled and confusing. And it continued as the film went on, you could hardly attach yourself to any one setting and get a feel for the people and the area before you're on the move again to the next scene.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:28 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, all of the old EU is no longer canon and is now categorized as Legends.

That doesn't mean that future stories won't pull from the EU but unless they do, it's all null.
I'm aware...

I give examples of exactly that happening throughout the EU (yes... no longer cannon, I know).
... but the new Disney universe doesn't exactly have a derth of cannon backstory. Star Wars, as of now, is a 10 hectare lake that is is 3 inches deep. In terms of the believability of a Jedi/Sith getting it on I believe those Legends stories still lend credence to the behaviour of these people when being asked for examples on " tales of ANY Sith OR Jedi having sex".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:37 PM 01-06-2020
And you still didn't bring up any Sith...

...sorry, EVERYTHING we know about the Sith flies in the face of this.

Otherwise, why wasn't Palps breeding like a fucking rabbit to create a goddamn dynasty of sith kiddos?

Fucking stupid and unbelievable.

They wrote themselves into a corner, though, and their way out was THIS SHEEV FUCKS!!!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:43 PM 01-06-2020
And you still didn't bring up any Sith...
I didn't? Mind you... your original statement was Sith *OR* Jedi.

ummm

In fact... he killed her because the Jedi believed her to be his weakness.

"However, Malgus realized his worst fears and his experience with Aryn changed him for good. He realized that Daru was his weakness just like the Jedi. He could no longer afford this weakness. Therefore, he killed his only friend and freed himself from the shackles of emotions.[3]"

Now... it doesn't explicitly state they fucked but c'mon now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:48 PM 01-06-2020
So the best example you can find is some dude fucking BEFORE he was Sith...and then killing her BECAUSE THEY ***MAYBE*** FUCKED...WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING

See how flimsy it is...
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:50 PM 01-06-2020
So the best example you can find is some dude fucking BEFORE he was Sith.

See how flimsy it is...
ummm no. He was a Sith first. Are you even clicking the link?

"While still young, Veradun killed a Twi'lek servant on his father's estate, revealing the dark will behind his sensitivity to the Force. The young boy was subsequently sent to the Sith Academy on the Imperial capital of Dromund Kaas, where he became a Sith Warrior and a successful commander of the Imperial Military. During a trip to the Outer Rim world of Geonosis, Veradun discovered the Twi'lek slave girl Eleena Daru and took her as his own. Although she was technically his slave, the two fell in love with one another and fought side by side in many battles during the Great Galactic War against the Galactic Republic. Veradun later eschewed his birth name and adopted the Sith moniker of Darth Malgus."

". Although she remained his slave, the two became lovers[3] and he eventually came to treat her as a wife,[1] despite the Empire's anti-alien policies.[3]"

The bold happened first, the red happened second.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:52 PM 01-06-2020
"Send the fleet to the far side of Endor...there it will stay until called for..."

"what of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?"

"it is of no concern...soon the Rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker will be one of us....Your work here is finished, my friend. Go to the command ship and await my orders."

"Now someone bring me a slave girl, i need to nut!"

:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:54 PM 01-06-2020
So we're using stuff from The Old Republic to try and settle an argument?

That's...bizarre.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:48 AM 01-07-2020
"Send the fleet to the far side of Endor...there it will stay until called for..."

"what of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?"

"it is of no concern...soon the Rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker will be one of us....Your work here is finished, my friend. Go to the command ship and await my orders."

"Now someone bring me a slave girl, i need to nut!"

:-)
Do the same thing except replace the last line with:
"Now someone bring me some toilet paper, my imperial toilet room just ran out & I got a major turtle head poking out"

Some things aren't explained on screen, specifically in a family movie like Star Wars. I think in all of Star Wars cannon I can think of a handful of references to a bathroom in general. The fact that you would expect them to flesh out characters sex lives with the exception of necessary plot points like Anakin falling in love with Padame & obviously having sex, but even that was handled carefully.

And the "he was too busy ruling the galaxy" logic doesn't work IMO. That would apply to literally every world leader throughout history. Yet I think if we checked the history books we would find that the vast majority (if not all) of them found time. I mean when you have no feeling toward the person you're using for sex & have that kind of power to be able to have women just brought to you how much time does it really take that it's distracting you from other things?

But my biggest question is, who would have made more sense? Obi Wan? is it more in character for a Jedi, forbidden to have relationships, one that we've never seen as anything but pious & dedicated to the order? Or maybe a guy who believed in a code that promotes passion giving strength. Maybe he would use sex as a way to gain power, it certainly more believable than Obi Wan. The only other choice IMO was to have her related to no one.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:52 AM 01-07-2020
Oh also FWIW I took the family to watch while on vacation in Orlando. Actually caught it at the AMC in Disney Springs. It was a huge packed theater & literally there was a round of applause when the movie ended. (same thing at my opening night showing but admittedly it was a lower percentage of the audience cheering opening night) One of a handful of times I have seen an audience cheer at the end of a movie. My wife who generally isn't a Star Wars fan said she "loved it".

Again take it for what it's worth.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 38
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up