ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
007 11:56 PM 01-03-2020
The only time I felt anything in the movie was when chewie cried for Leia. Just not will written at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:00 AM 01-04-2020
Heard some stuff about Disney ruining the film in final cut. JJ wanted it to be 3 hours and they smashed it to hell in the edit.

I wonder if we'll ever get a "JJ cut." Might be interesting.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:36 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Heard some stuff about Disney ruining the film in final cut. JJ wanted it to be 3 hours and they smashed it to hell in the edit.

The first half of the movie felt like it was lightspeed skipping, so if you take what Dane has said about how they were doing reshoots all the way up to 10 days or so before release, I can totally buy that story. I'll definitely check out the director's cut when it's available.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:36 AM 01-04-2020

The opening was seriously edited into a disjointed mess.

I can’t help but think they’ll go back and release directors cuts. While they’re at it they could replace the broom kid at the end of TLJ with some resistance types at a com station intercepting a message on an old Imperial channel or something so the Emperor’s appearance doesn’t come completely out of left field.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 01-04-2020

I haven’t heard this from anyone I know but since everyone’s still on holiday break, I haven’t reached out to confirm one way or another. That said, it feels like fake news to me.

Why would Iger and/or Horn demand that RoS be edited to 2 hours when Avengers: Endgame was 3 hours long and only became the highest grossing film of all time?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I haven’t heard this from anyone I know but since everyone’s still on holiday break, I haven’t reached out to confirm one way or another. That said, it feels like fake news to me.

Why would Iger and/or Horn demand that RoS be edited to 2 hours when Avengers: Endgame was 3 hours long and only became the highest grossing film of all time?
Already confirmed by Dominic Monagahan.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9270356.html
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:36 PM 01-05-2020
Already confirmed by Dominic Monagahan.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9270356.html
Confirmed? No, not even close.

From your link, which paraphrased the original interview conducted by The Hollywood Reporter:

While Monaghan didn’t speak to these latest conspiracy theories, he does wish for the release of a director’s cut given the sheer volume of unused footage that Abrams shot.

“Like a lot of Star Wars fans, I’m hoping there will be a director’s cut so we’ll get to see more and more of the stuff that was filmed,” Monaghan tells The Hollywood Reporter. “I wasn’t there all the time, but even in the short time that I was there, there was so much stuff filmed that didn’t make it to the theatrical version.... Oh, man, there was so much stuff!”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-s-cut-1266205

Of COURSE there's a ton of footage that didn't make it into the movie. That's how movies generally work: You film everything, including alternate takes, then edit the film together in the Edit Bay.

That does not mean that JJ (or anyone else) created a definitive 2 hour, 40 minute version that the studio summarily dismissed, then forced JJ (or anyone else) to edit to 2 hours, 22 minutes.

It's just a bunch of internet "conspiracy theory" nonsense.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:15 PM 01-05-2020
To be honest, I understand all of the views here. Personally, I enjoyed the shit out of this movie vs. the previous 2. It's a movie. I was entertained and I LOVED it. To hell with the plot holes, I was entertained and I will go see it again. There are so very many plot holes it is not even funny but, I really enjoyed this one. Last best Star Wars movie was Rouge One hands down. Just my ,02
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:50 PM 01-05-2020
I'm not surprised that someone that called it "Rouge One" thinks Episode IX was worth shit.
[Reply]
fairladyZ 12:05 AM 01-06-2020
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ey-again.html/
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:32 AM 01-06-2020
Outside of Anakin, we've never heard tale of ANY Sith OR Jedi having sex.
What about:

Ranik Solusar, Jedi Master, was the father of Kam Solusar who became a Jedi Knight.

Ta'ania was the illegitimate descendant of a Jedi Knight.

Margolis Mingla was the daughter of a Jedi Knight.

Ki-Adi-Mundi was given permission to marry and have kids (though an exception as his race was near extinction).

There was the whole "Children of the Jedi" which has been blown up by Disney.

Leia had Anakin, Jaina, and Jacin. (Had Ben Solo in the new universe)

Luke and Mara had Ben Skywalker and possibly another kid.

Jacen Solo (Jedi/Sith) and Tenel Ka Djo had Allana Solo.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 AM 01-06-2020
Fucking nerd.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:15 PM 01-06-2020
Fucking nerd.
Fucking Sith. "Outside of Anakin, we've never heard tale of ANY Sith OR Jedi having sex."

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:20 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Fucking Sith. "Outside of Anakin, we've never heard tale of ANY Sith OR Jedi having sex."

All that shit you posted is irrelevant minutiae never seen in a movie or TV show.

And the main characters reproducing certainly doesn't mean anything as they aren't really "traditional" Jedi.

Point stands. Palps clapping cheeks is dumb. No precedent for it.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:46 PM 01-06-2020
All that shit you posted is irrelevant minutiae never seen in a movie or TV show.

And the main characters reproducing certainly doesn't mean anything as they aren't really "traditional" Jedi.

Point stands. Palps clapping cheeks is dumb. No precedent for it.
You state... "we've never heard tale of ANY Sith OR Jedi having sex."

I give examples of exactly that happening throughout the EU (yes... no longer cannon, I know).

Now those examples of Jedi/Sith doing exactly that is minutia because we didn't see it happen on a movie or tv show but instead happened in comics and novels?

Never is a strong word for it happening several times throughout Jedi history.

---

Dude wanted stress relief and had his minions bring him a slave girl as needed. Did he take someone as a lover? Probably not. Did he use a slave girl as a fuck toy? Yeah... I can see that as Sith use violence and passion (among other things) to fuel their power.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 38
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up